Boarding pass's, yes or no?

DVC-Don

DIS Veteran
This weekend I was doing some airline stock reseach. One article I came upon was about airlines that do not give out seating assignments. Almost all were no frills airlines such as Southwest. They also researched airlines in Europe. It seems that the airlines that do not give out seating assignments ahead of time get their planes loaded faster than those airlines do give a seat assignment at the time the flight is booked. Interresting.

Originally posted by Pluto4President
I can see that Don. If you have an assigned seat, what's the big rush? If you don't, RUSH :)

LOL!!!! I crack up with the people that rush to get on the plane! Do they really think that someone's going to take their seat? Actually on a recent flight I was one of the last people on, and noticed that some guy was in my aisle seat. I just pointed at him, and gave him the "thumb over my shoulder gesture". He got the hint and moved to his seat, middle seat, last row in front of lav. I can't blame him, I wouldn't want that seat ither, but certainly wasn't going to give him mine :-) The only thing that really peeves me is the people that get on fast and take up all the overhead room so that I don't have space for my little tote bag that I carry on.

Anne

On our flight this weekend, we had two people with the same seat assignment (and an exit row yet!!). I'm not sure how it all turned out, although in that case I imagine it's "Possession is 9/10ths of the law." Personally, I only feel secure when I have my seat assignments ahead of time. That's why we never fly Southwest...we don't have kids, so with an Orlando flight we'd be lucky if anything was left after the pre-board! Besides, I can never find those supposedly great fares they offer on any of my dates (we fly to Orlando almost once a month). We have ATA as our no-frills airline here in Chicago, but they give our seat assignments which is a big plus for me. I, too, have never seen the point in rushing, but hey, to each his own!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

The only people that I ever see "rushing" to get on a plane are those who insist on taking everything they own with them onto the plane. I like to refer to them as "overhead hogs". One of their least attractive attributes: leaping out of their seats before the captain gives the OK so they can drop their stuff on your head.:p :D

Airplanes would load a whole lot faster if carry on size limits were enforced. Unfortunately, most large airports do such a rotten job with checked luggage than many people just can't rust them.

I've only flown once on an airline that didn't assign seats ahead of time (anyone remember People's Express?), and I promised myself never, ever again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter