Boardwalk 2023 Renovation schedule

Any thoughts on the standard view rooms? It looks like all of January and now into February all the studio and 1 bedroom
Standard views are blocked. I guess it’s possible this is guests booking but from how rest of year looks 1br really seems like Disney pulled the rooms for some sort of refurb. Isn’t all the rooms being taken from inventory for one category for over a month pushing it for what can be explained from renovations?

Any thoughts on the standard view rooms? It looks like all of January and now into February all the studio and 1 bedroom
Standard views are blocked. I guess it’s possible this is guests booking but from how rest of year looks 1br really seems like Disney pulled the rooms for some sort of refurb. Isn’t all the rooms being taken from inventory for one category for over a month pushing it for what can be explained from renovations?
Supposition is that they plan some sort of exterior work to that side of the building, similar to the reason for blocking all the BW view villas from sometime in September until some date in November. Disney hasn’t said, and they haven’t done that before, so I don’t think anyone here is certain.

I am hearing refrurb down to the studs...which makes sense cause of the Murphy beds...We left our 2 bd rm on Feb 18th...we don't plan to return to BWV until about fall 2024....by then we hope all the work i done and the new Cake/Bake shop is going strong...

Hi All

Are the studio villas, boardwalk view rooms being refurbished currently? I saw some great photos of refurbished rooms

Thanks

Hi All

Are the studio villas, boardwalk view rooms being refurbished currently? I saw some great photos of refurbished rooms

Thanks

Photos were of rooms on the Inn side. Hoping to have news refurbished rooms come the fall when they had rooms blocked out but we shall see… not sure if that was just exterior work.

I'm currently booked Sep 7-10 at BWV. I wanted to go to D23, but was shut out on tickets. Now I'm curious if my studio will get moved. We shall see.

Photos were of rooms on the Inn side. Hoping to have news refurbished rooms come the fall when they had rooms blocked out but we shall see… not sure if that was just exterior work.

Ah I see. Yes the only reason I asked is cause they showed carpet on the villa side changed

Here now 1 bdrm...just working on Inn side....these rooms need loving....very noisy hvac system, rubber gusset in DW falling out, lamenated floor with tears in it, no hit water pressure in kitchen sink.....crazy..yes havr discussed with front desk...nothing they can do right now..referb to address all.
Living with it,,but half the time shut off the hvac.sad.

Here now 1 bdrm...just working on Inn side....these rooms need loving....very noisy hvac system, rubber gusset in DW falling out, lamenated floor with tears in it, no hit water pressure in kitchen sink.....crazy..yes havr discussed with front desk...nothing they can do right now..referb to address all.
Living with it,,but half the time shut off the hvac.sad.

I'm sorry to hear about the condition of your room. We were there the end of January beginning of February and the only issue we had was the door where the washer/dryer is located was not connected properly. We called housekeeping and they fixed it right away. No other issues, hvac worked properly and not noisy (and yes, we did need the a/c as it was pretty warm several days while we were there). I'm not sure why your room is in such bad repair.

We just got back from this resort. Location was amazing but room is in need of repair. The handle to the bathroom door was falling off.

Here now, and when we arrived, that’s where it was, way too cold for us, and I had to adjust it several times to find the sweet spot.

BTW, BWV also has the motion sensitive shut off, which we hate too, and I don’t think there’s a workaround for it. It’s aggravating coming back from a warm afternoon in the parks and having to wait for the AC to cool us off, and if it weren’t for the ceiling fans we’d die of stuffiness while asleep.
How sensitive are the motion detectors - - I've thought about bringing a roomba or even a battery operated toy car, and letting it run around the room while we are in the parks. Do you think that would work??

How sensitive are the motion detectors - - I've thought about bringing a roomba or even a battery operated toy car, and letting it run around the room while we are in the parks. Do you think that would work??
I’m not sure they’d fool the sensor. Many reports here of using a balloon tethered to a chair, etc., to fool it though.

I didn't realize any of the resorts had those motion sensors that shut off AC. yuck! Where can I find a list of the ones that have that?

I didn't realize any of the resorts had those motion sensors that shut off AC. yuck! Where can I find a list of the ones that have that?
I don’t think there’s an official list, just various reports from various resorts.

PS @E2ME2 the sensors at BWV don’t even seem to pick up movement in bed while sleeping. If they keep the sensors and remove the ceiling fans, we’ll have to add a fan to our Owners Locker.

Yes. This is complete BS on Disney. You are paying for that air conditioning and they are trying to take it away as much as possible. They are trying to get one over on people.

This is no different that people trying to get one over on Disney when they lie about kids ages, number of guest in a room, ect. But Disney certainly doesn't want the guest doing to them what they try to do to the guest.

Following along to see how the refurbishments play out.

Really hoping they are mostly completed by late March for our next trip there.

During our Thanksgiving week stay our room was adequate but definitely needed love. A piece of the door was falling off and I cut my toe on it while wearing flip flops. Hopefully they are putting in new doors lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter