Bon Voyage Character Breakfast - Egg/Milk Allergy

jin410

Earning My Ears
Hi! We are planning a trip in september. This will be the first dining reservations we've made with our newly turned 4 year old (last time we went she was 2 and we brought all of our own food). I've been reading every site on how great disney is with allergies - and I know she will be BEYOND excited to even be able to eat out.

I've made reservations for 11:55am at Bon Voyage Character Breakfast after seeing they offer a childrens allergy food option. Curious if anyone w/egg or milk allergy has eaten at a breakfast though? And if so, was your experience was ok?
The later time I"m hoping will be less busy than earlier...

We always wipe everything down before sitting & bring a placemat & our own utensils when we go out. However, we have never been out at breakfast or brunch time simply because of cross contamination. Thank you

When you check in at the buffet, make sure the allergies are noted. Once seated, the server will have a chef to come to your table. The chef will confirm the food allergies and walk around the buffet with the parent. Also, the chef will offer to prepare something separately if necessary (such as concern of cross-contamination). For breakfast buffet, the chef gave my child vegan mickey waffle, bacon/sausage and fruit salad.

My child has milk/egg/plus many other allergies and the chefs at WDW always take good care of her--no matter where we eat--table service/counter service or buffet. Just be patient--it does take extra time to prepare. Once at Flame Tree, the manager was so concern about cross-contamination and insisted on making a batch of Turkey Legs just for us. For many years, WDW was our annual vacation spot. In the past few years, we ventured out to other Disney parks. Trust me, WDW is the BEST in taking care of people with food allergies along with Disney Cruise. We are going back to WDW next week, and my baby is so exciting about her meals there. I'm not saying it's 100% worry-free there but it's close. Enjoy your trip.

Just to clarify, the Bon Voyage Breakfast is NOT a buffet. You start with pastries for the table. I know of someone who was able to get dairy-free lemon poppyseed and I think chocolate muffins instead. Those exact options may not be available when you go, but they should have something. Then there's the fruit course, which shouldn't be an issue. They are able to make vegan (dairy-free) waffles. They may be able to do it for pancakes too, but you'd have to ask. There's also a steak offering on the kids meal which may be an option. Just ask for a chef to come out so they can go over specifically what options are available and be sure to let them know if you have any concerns with cross contamination. There's of course no way to guarantee no possible cross contamination in a kitchen that uses those allergens, but they may be able to take extra precautions to reduce that risk.

When you check in at the buffet, make sure the allergies are noted. Once seated, the server will have a chef to come to your table. The chef will confirm the food allergies and walk around the buffet with the parent. Also, the chef will offer to prepare something separately if necessary (such as concern of cross-contamination). For breakfast buffet, the chef gave my child vegan mickey waffle, bacon/sausage and fruit salad.

My child has milk/egg/plus many other allergies and the chefs at WDW always take good care of her--no matter where we eat--table service/counter service or buffet. Just be patient--it does take extra time to prepare. Once at Flame Tree, the manager was so concern about cross-contamination and insisted on making a batch of Turkey Legs just for us. For many years, WDW was our annual vacation spot. In the past few years, we ventured out to other Disney parks. Trust me, WDW is the BEST in taking care of people with food allergies along with Disney Cruise. We are going back to WDW next week, and my baby is so exciting about her meals there. I'm not saying it's 100% worry-free there but it's close. Enjoy your trip.

Thank you so much for this! Can't wait to try it.. :)

Just to clarify, the Bon Voyage Breakfast is NOT a buffet. You start with pastries for the table. I know of someone who was able to get dairy-free lemon poppyseed and I think chocolate muffins instead. Those exact options may not be available when you go, but they should have something. Then there's the fruit course, which shouldn't be an issue. They are able to make vegan (dairy-free) waffles. They may be able to do it for pancakes too, but you'd have to ask. There's also a steak offering on the kids meal which may be an option. Just ask for a chef to come out so they can go over specifically what options are available and be sure to let them know if you have any concerns with cross contamination. There's of course no way to guarantee no possible cross contamination in a kitchen that uses those allergens, but they may be able to take extra precautions to reduce that risk.

If we can do steak & waffles she will be so happy. I'll definitely mention the cross contamination thing. Luckily if she is exposed at all, even a tiny cross contamination, she develops red hives around her mouth almost instantly..we've started giving her a tiny bite. And waiting to see if anything develops so we can avoid a severe ana reaction hopefully.

Just someone else in solidarity on the awesome care of Disney with food allergies. My 31 year old DS was born in 1988 with major league allergies to any milk, egg, tree nut or peanut exposure. And oral allergy syndrome (hives but not anaphylaxsis) to most fresh fruits and veggies. Even the tiniest amount of sodium caseinate or whey would send him into anaphylaxis. We had many amazing family vacations at Disney and the chefs were amazing. I don’t know if they still do it, but we could request ahead a plain baked potato as a safe food. He had some amazing meals prepared for him and some special desserts along the way. I have been in the kitchens checking ingredients to make sure no milk-derived food additive was on the list. Disney was our safe space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter