Bonnet Creek Info with Pics

Being you have the Presidential Suite, I'd imagine you're on the top floor. There are 9 floors to bldg 2 and only 4 in the main bldg, so you definitely will be above the main bldg and should have a nice view.

Great pictures and trip report ! The rooms are just beautiful.

I think I'd rather rent a pool house or condo. I don't see what the draw to staying at this resort is ?

This resort is smack dab in the middle of disney property---well, it's just outside, but if you drive by it, you'll know what I mean. We stayed at CBR in Decemeber and could see this resort from differnt areas on the CBR grounds (it's that close). So I'd say proximity is a big draw. Waking up and getting to the parks in under 7-8 min. So it's "like" being on disney property, though technically it's not. This resort is very very close to CBR....OKW.....the DD area.....
Also, as the OP stated, a stay at a resort like this, is just that. You have full resort amenities and activities. I don't know the details of Bonnet Creek particularily, but our offsite timeshare resort offers many different activities, onsite restaurants, room service.....
Staying at a pool house can be very nice and a terrific affordable option for larger families, but I wouldn't feel like I was "on vacation" as much as I do at a resort. Now this is just me.....nothing against those that stay in vacation homes. Both are great options and fit different vacationing agendas. :thumbsup2

The pictures and your review were fabulous. I would love to stay at this beautiful resort. Looks like the shuttle times are very convenient also, with lots of departure and pick up times. Getting to the water parks would require a little creative thinking but I'd probably take the shuttle to MK, the monorail to Poly, and the bus from there. I don't think it would be too inconvenient to not have a rental car.

Getting to the water parks would require a little creative thinking but I'd probably take the shuttle to MK, the monorail to Poly, and the bus from there. I don't think it would be too inconvenient to not have a rental car.
The fact of not having a car being not too inconvient is where we see things differently.
Typhoon Lagoon is literally less than 5 min away if you were to drive from Bonnet Creek. It's right down the road.
If one were to take a bus to the MK, then monorail to POly, then bus from there.......you go from a 5 min commute by rental car to very near an hour commute one-way. I really feel a rental car is needed for parks with no shuttles or infrequent shuttles. Just my 2 cents.

The fact of not having a car being not too inconvient is where we see things differently.
Typhoon Lagoon is literally less than 5 min away if you were to drive from Bonnet Creek. It's right down the road.
If one were to take a bus to the MK, then monorail to POly, then bus from there.......you go from a 5 min commute by rental car to very near an hour commute one-way. I really feel a rental car is needed for parks with no shuttles or infrequent shuttles. Just my 2 cents.

I see your point! We always rent a car ourselves because we always stay offsite, however, if the budget didn't allow for a rental, or you just didn't want to be bothered with it, you could still get there! With out ME you might as well rent a car anyway since you have to get back and forth to the airport somehow, and for very little more than the cost of the shuttles or car service you could have the car for the week if you wanted it. You could still take the shuttles to the other parks, for that matter.

however, if the budget didn't allow for a rental, or you just didn't want to be bothered with it, you could still get there!
True....but I think I'd call a cab. Bonnet Creek is probably no more than 4 stop lights from Typhoon Lagoon. A cab would probably cost about $6-$7 each way. I once took a cab from CBR to DD Grosvenor Hotel and it cost me $8 and the distance is further than Bonnet Creek to TL.
But you're right.....there are ways to get around at no cost if you don't mind the added time.

Are the activities ongoing every day? If we took say a "down day" and just stayed there at BC, would there still be stuff to do besides swim?

Also wanted to ask if the food there onsite is good enough to eat both lunch and dinner if we were going to just stay there and "chill " for the day?

I would probably get delivery, take out, or pop a couple of frozen pizzas in the oven at least once on a fully-down day. So far, they have a grill/snack bar, but not a real restaurant.

I joined the boards and this is my first post just to comment on this resort. My parents own at Fairfield and are VIP Platinum so we reserved a 4 BDR Presidential. They are located on the top floor and are double the size of a two BDR. There are 2 master suites and all the furniture is "upgraded" from the other rooms. For instance, a large screen plasma tv, marble (maybe granite) counter tops, etc. There are also 4 bathrooms. We stayed in building 3 and could see over the lake from a gigantic balcony and yes the fireworks were very visable and you can see the ball at epcot. I highly recommend this resort and I'm willing to help answer any questions I can. Well, I guess this is the end to my very first post.

We've stayed here once before and are headed there for Christmas this year. We didn't plan far enough out to snag on of the presidential units, but I will continue to look everyday for a rare cancellation. The decision was made just two days ago. I will say that no EMH during such a busy time does have me a bit worried. We go a lot, but most of my other family are going for the first time. Such crowds are not a good experience for first timers. Oh well, we'll be at a great resort.

Hey there to the one who posted about the 4 bedroom! We are staying in one in 3 months I've had lots of questions about it. What was the experience like? I've been really looking for info about it. I'm curious about your stay. Could you see the fireworks from your room?

Back to the activities/eating in question - there were activities everyday. There are also BBQ grills near the slide pool (those were the closest to bldg 2) that you could use as well as the kitchen.

Well honestly my parents are FF owners, so we are lucky. But I bet if you tried ebay you may have some luck, or redweek perhaps??

Hey there to the one who posted about the 4 bedroom! We are staying in one in 3 months I've had lots of questions about it. What was the experience like? I've been really looking for info about it. I'm curious about your stay. Could you see the fireworks from your room?

It was absolutely wonderful. My kids actually liked watching the fireworks from the balcony better because they didn't have the crowd of people. We stay with Fairfield all the time (my parents are owners) and this room is definetly the top of the line!!! Reservations with Fairfield at Bonnet Creek are really tough to get - have to book well in advance - especially for the 4BDR. I have dial up internet or I would post pics of the suite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter