Bonnet creek vs Disney resort question on transportation to parks and more

Its been 3 years and I'm finally able to plan another trip- our Disney Do-Over!
We're staying at Bonnet Creek again. As far as the shuttle- you cant walk over to the Hilton and take the bus from there?

Echoing, no - Wyndham and Hilton are competitors and do not share buses. They use different services and are not inter-changeable.

Taking Uber rides between parks or to Disney Boardwalk seems to be getting more and more popular. About $6-8 for a ride that hold 4 passengers , and larger Uber XL available for a little more. We have decided to go that route next week when we arrive. I 've done a lot of research, talked to both others who have used Uber and even the front desk at WBC who said many of their guests use Uber. For us, with a party of 4, we can do 2 round trips per day , come back for a swim and go back to Epcot or other park at night, And still save money vs using their shuttles.

To be honest, the waterpark busses from the Disney resorts was convoluted enough before, now even moreso with multiple stops and even transfers if I read correctly...even if I was onsite I would drive to a waterpark for sure.

We honeymooned at the Poly and do dream of staying again some day, but the space thing is just a priority now that we are a family and not just a couple. We've done pretty much everything from values, moderates, deluxes, DVC, our own RV at Fort Wilderness, and most recently WBC. For us, if we can't drive down in our RV with our own kitchen, beds, etc (and our dogs:dog:) then WBC is our next pick. You can't beat the extra space, the convenience of laundry, and the nice resort amenities, and the location is pretty much as on-property as you can get while not technically being on property.

If you're super dreaming of staying at the Poly, how about a couple of nights there followed by WBC? I just think with a family of four, you'll appreciate the space.

The pools are nice enough at the WBC, you may not even feel the need to go to water parks :)

Echoing, no - Wyndham and Hilton are competitors and do not share buses. They use different services and are not inter-changeable.

Oops I was mistakenly thinking that The Hilton was the hotel part of WBC.

Oops I was mistakenly thinking that The Hilton was the hotel part of WBC.

No, they are just all on the same "Bonnet Creek" property. There is essentially two campuses right now, Wyndham and Hilton. Hilton was built long after the Wyndham resorts. There is still enough land and zoning to add more, and they could be an entirely different brand.

bonnet_masterplan.jpg

http://www.yesterland.com/bonnet.html

No, they are just all on the same "Bonnet Creek" property. There is essentially two campuses right now, Wyndham and Hilton. Hilton was built long after the Wyndham resorts. There is still enough land and zoning to add more, and they could be an entirely different brand.

We stayed at the Hilton on our honeymoon in 2001. It was our 1st trip to WDW. It had big fans in the lobby that were connected to each other via a pulley type system. I wonder if that's the same Hilton. I remember that each day at the bus stop there was a park listed on the board that you were allowed to get in a hour early. We just hopped on the bus and went to whichever park it took us to.

We stayed at the Hilton on our honeymoon in 2001. It was our 1st trip to WDW. It had big fans in the lobby that were connected to each other via a pulley type system. I wonder if that's the same Hilton. I remember that each day at the bus stop there was a park listed on the board that you were allowed to get in a hour early. We just hopped on the bus and went to whichever park it took us to.

That might have been Hilton Lake Buena Vista across from what was Downtown Disney now Disney Springs. I say that because it was the only resort that got Extra Magic Hours to get in the parks early. They stopped that as of this year.

bonnet_masterplan.jpg

Thanks for this map and link. I've wondered how this Bonnet Creek area was Disney but not Disney.

Thanks for this map and link. I've wondered how this Bonnet Creek area was Disney but not Disney.

It's not Disney :D It's land that got boxed in by Disney and highways.

The highway area way too busy to allow it's own exit, Disney then had to allow them an exit on to property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter