Book on own or with TA?

I used a TA once, but I only used them to book my resort reservation. I took care of the tickets and dinner reservations (this was in the prehistoric age before Fastpass+) lol. It was nice because she got me an additional discount and automatically upgraded my room without me having to check daily. Now, we're DVC members so we do everything on our own....

As some people have said, some agencies book blocks of rooms at convention rates, which can end up getting you a deluxe resort for the price of a moderate at certain times of the year. I have booked through an agency like that and the only thing they really had control over was my payment and any changes I needed to make to my reservation. I did the rest of the planning myself.

Been going to WDW for 14 years with 30+ trips and over the last 5 years we have been using a TA that has exclusive deals that I cannot beat doing it on my own and believe me I tried. I do my own FPs and ADRs because I can adjust my park plans on the fly if I need too.

If you can get a price with the TA that you cant get by yourself, then go with the TA. Otherwise I would do it on my own.

As some people have said, some agencies book blocks of rooms at convention rates, which can end up getting you a deluxe resort for the price of a moderate at certain times of the year. I have booked through an agency like that and the only thing they really had control over was my payment and any changes I needed to make to my reservation. I did the rest of the planning myself.

To me those are 2 big things that I want control over.
Granted its been 5 years since I used a TA so I'm sure things have changed like for example mine was a Monday-Friday 9am-5pm TA which meant if I wanted to ask a question I had to stew over it until morning/Monday.
I once called Disney directly to ask a question about my reservation. I was not trying to change anything just ask a question and I was told that because I booked with a TA I had to ask THEM the question. Thing was I had already asked my TA and they didn't know and told me to call Disney.
Very frustrating.
I'm sure now with more online TA's that are kinda "on call" communication is much easier but still I want to be able to contact Disney myself.
With that being said I wouldn't mind being one of those TA's myself lol but I just don't want to use one.

To me those are 2 big things that I want control over.
Granted its been 5 years since I used a TA so I'm sure things have changed like for example mine was a Monday-Friday 9am-5pm TA which meant if I wanted to ask a question I had to stew over it until morning/Monday.
I once called Disney directly to ask a question about my reservation. I was not trying to change anything just ask a question and I was told that because I booked with a TA I had to ask THEM the question. Thing was I had already asked my TA and they didn't know and told me to call Disney.
Very frustrating.
I'm sure now with more online TA's that are kinda "on call" communication is much easier but still I want to be able to contact Disney myself.
With that being said I wouldn't mind being one of those TA's myself lol but I just don't want to use one.
I can understand that, it's definitely a personal choice. But I'm cheap, so I'm easily lured into using one by a good deal! If there's no cost difference, it's just something I handle myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter