Booked my Ressies for Nov WITH the Dis club UPDATE MADE A MISTAKEney Club....

Poohbear123

<font color=CCCC00>Will travel without lipstick<br
This is the first time I have actually used the Disney Club rate!:rolleyes: Only thing different is that I have to send in 100.00 within 10 days. Never had to do that before, so I hope I made the right decision.:confused: NO I DIDN'T! MY ressies came today, and I GUESS I booked with WDW Travel Co. I am NOT a Happy camper so, I will NOT pay the deposit and do my ressies over when I have a CODE!:rolleyes: I thought I was going thru the DISNEY CLUB, NOT the TRAVEL Co.!:confused:

I had to do the same thing. Plus the balance has to be paid (I believe) 21 days in advance. I didn't expect that when I called, but I guess that's how the DC does things. I'm not sure, but I think if we end up ultimately booking with a code, it won't be with DC anymore so maybe you won't have to pay the balance in advance?? I'm sure someone else will be more qualified to answer that. GL!

Yep...that's how it worked for us for our trip last Jan.
We booked DC and paid the deposit, then changed to a code rate and didn't have to pay the balance until we checked in.

I'm also sitting with a DC ressie for Dec.....hoping for codes to come out.

If you dont mind me asking what kind of rates are you getting with the DC. We have Nov ressies with our points but was thinking of doing a cash ressie to save my points for this short trip.
Thanks,
Shannon

We have $118 per night also at POFQ. I did ask that if I switch to a "code" what would happen. The CM said this was fine, and then the money would be due at checkin, not 21 days in advance.

It's funny, since DC started asking for money in advance, I have never booked through them. It always turns out that a code saves me more money. I reap most of my DC benefits from buying things in the store. DH swears that I am genetically predispositioned to walk in that store every time I am in the mall.:)

Meriweather - Would you please explain how you made and changed your reservations? My August trip is the first vacation I've ever planned on my own, and I chickened out and used a travel agent. I'm trying to gather up tips for my next trip and have learned a lot, but the mechanics of changing to get a better deal elude me. Don't you have to pay some sort of penalty for changing your reservation? And do you simply call CRO and book the better deal, then call DC back to cancel the old - but then what about that initial deposit? As you can tell, I could use some help understanding all this!! Thanks for any feedback.

Lori

We have DC ressies for October and since now I know about AP discounts (thanks to this fabulous site I've only recently discovered and am now hopelessly addicted to), I called CRO yesterday and asked them what will happen if AP discounts come up for Oct. She said my original ressie would be cancelled and my deposit would be credited back to my credit card. Then a new reservation would be made along with a new deposit. Hope we see some discounts soon. I have a feeling I'll be reading these boards and mousesavers every day. My DH looks a bit worried about me!!!

MickeyMonstersMom,

Okay...first I made a rack rate reservation (because the new rates hadn't come out yet).

Then when DC came out I just called the DC number and said I wanted to change. They did it. You do not have to call 2 times (I do believe that supposedly pretty soon there will only be one reservations system anyway).

Then :) when a code rate came out, I just called back again and asked to change it. The same person handled it all and it was done. Really easy!

I always call DC toll free number and do everything through them.

So much easier than I was previously led to believe! I'd read an article somewhere about the ins and outs of WDW ressies which basically scared me and drove me to see the travel agent. While I got a decent deal by refusing to buy a package, I know I could have done better by making the arrangements myself. I will do so next time! Thank you.

Lori

This is kind of off subject, but how do you set up the cute little counters at the bottom of your posts that show how long until your disnery trip?

yooperfan, go to the Technical Support board and follow the directions under the post on setting up "countdown timers". Believe me, if a computer illiterate person like me can do it, I'm sure anyone can!

For 2 nights, its costing me 155.00! I am also asking for Preferred Building, so that is in the 155.00 price. It would probably have cost me 20.00 less, but, in case DH comes I am asking for preferred building.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter