booking dates

CAL2

DIS Veteran
Hi, we are looking to book Jan 19th to Feb 6th, can anyone tell me if there is anything going on through those dates that would bring in extra crowds (apart from Galaxy's Edge) like public holidays, school holidays cheer leaders etc.

many thanks
cal :flower1:

Hi, we are looking to book Jan 19th to Feb 6th, can anyone tell me if there is anything going on through those dates that would bring in extra crowds (apart from Galaxy's Edge) like public holidays, school holidays cheer leaders etc.

many thanks
cal :flower1:

Monday Jan 20 is Martin Luther King Jr Day, a federal holiday many have school off, but I don't know how much that one affects crowds. I don't know about sports or cheer/dance events. If no one chimes in try Googling events at Wide World of Sports maybe. I think those affect resorts more than the parks also.

There is MLK day, which can be very busy. And there are South American tour groups that time of the year as well. Epcot also has the Festival of the Arts, but I'm not sure how much that actually impacts the crowds.

That's become a pretty busy time of year now. We went at the end of January/early Feb in 2018 and it was far busier than expected. There are a few low crowd days peppered in there, but on the whole, you're looking at at least moderate crowds.

My DD and I were at WDW this past MLK week. It felt like some of the most crowded days we've ever been. Having AP's helped with hopping if we felt like it. We normally go during the summer with both heat and crowds, and I felt it was more difficult to get a good 4th and 5th FP. The International Festival of the Arts in Epcot was in full swing and was nice to experience. The park hours are shortened which could've been part of the problem of not being able to get good extra FP's for later in the day. Weather was decent being able to wear shorts in the day and put on a hoodie or light jacket in the evening. So if you have a good plan you should be fine.

Agreeing with the other posters, I was there on MLK day this year as well and it was crazy crowded! But with some good planning, and strategic thinking we actually managed to get through a lot. Because schools have that day off, it definitely is a jump of crowds but that should only be for a small part of your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter