Booking TDR Hotels

gmi3804

Gonna ruin Maw’s birthday
DVC Silver
I'd like to book four nights at FS for next April. How difficult is it to secure the first night(s), since those rooms would presumably be booked already by the date my four-month booking opens? This is kind of like the DVC "walking" conundrum, or securing popular tables at WDW restaurants early in the week of the trip, no?

I’d go with a vacation package for 2 days and try to get the same room type for the other two. Especially if you want to eat at some of the harder to get restaurants like Magellans. The “& more” package includes restaurant reservations

No walking. No make and adjust. Simple brute force on day of drop 11AM and luck of clicking faster and the server not hanging up in your submission.

Right now the FS and MC days are all gone within 2minutes. Some pop up due to folk abandoning their reservations like.myself practicing and getting hang of the system for our eventual day.

Like tonight was brutal as Friday and Saturday are the highest demands.

As others pointed.out the 2nights and more give two lunch/dinner reservations which are incredible if you're inclined to eat at sitdowns over grazing on popcorn all trip 😀

The price.premium is significant though and good reason why anything beyond fs and mc are mostly readily available beyond the weekends

Is it more difficult to get your first night(s) when the booking window opens? Can I book four nights at my 60-day check-in?

You can book up to 5 nights when bookings open 4 months before your stay.
Oh, God, I’m going to be one of Those People: How likely am I to get four nights checking in on a Monday in early April, 2025? Maybe a bit more likely because it’s a Monday?

Fantasy springs may be impossible, but all the other hotels should be fairly easy to book. I can still get a room for my 2024 July dates at the Disneyland hotel today and the booking window opened up almost two months ago. I can still get a vacation package for my dates too. I have a 2 night vacation package booked and 2 nights room only in the same Capitano mickey rooms at Miracosta so I am hoping we don't have to move rooms. I am also checking in on a Monday and leaving on a Friday as we wanted to go during the week so hopefully it won't be as crowded and its the last week of school still in Japan.

Oh, God, I’m going to be one of Those People: How likely am I to get four nights checking in on a Monday in early April, 2025? Maybe a bit more likely because it’s a Monday?
You have a year. I would just wait and see how things go. It could be easier by then.

Are they opening one month at a time now? Looks like October 31 has packages for 1 room, 3 guests, but Nov 1 and dates after don't. We're looking for Nov 17th so I'm trying to track booking date but it seems like things are more up in the air than exact? It's hard to tell

Are they opening one month at a time now? Looks like October 31 has packages for 1 room, 3 guests, but Nov 1 and dates after don't. We're looking for Nov 17th so I'm trying to track booking date but it seems like things are more up in the air than exact? It's hard to tell
I'm looking for November packages too and since October packages opened the first week of May I'm guessing November packages open first week of June.

I'm looking for November packages too and since October packages opened the first week of May I'm guessing November packages open first week of June.
Makes sense, thanks! Fantasy Springs looks beautiful but I'd be happy with DLH or even a bad room (if there is such a thing) at Miracosta

I am going to be going next June and am very concerned about the issues with US credit cards getting accepted to book directly with TDR. Can anyone who has booked a room or package with them comment on which card specifically they used and what hoops you had to go through. I have heard some work just fine and for others you need to contact your company ahead of time and have an approval process set up for TDR.

I am going to be going next June and am very concerned about the issues with US credit cards getting accepted to book directly with TDR. Can anyone who has booked a room or package with them comment on which card specifically they used and what hoops you had to go through. I have heard some work just fine and for others you need to contact your company ahead of time and have an approval process set up for TDR.
In my experience there is no consistency to it. I had a card work one time but not the next. Just have multiple back-up options….

In my experience there is no consistency to it. I had a card work one time but not the next. Just have multiple back-up options….
Completely agree! However, my Chase Disney and Sapphire Visas seemed to be the most consistent for TDR. None of our Citibank MC ever worked for TDR or Universal Japan. I don't know about for TDR, but for the Shinkansen app, Smart-Ex, and Universal Japan website/app, AMEX has seems to work pretty consistently from what I read. I don't have one so haven't tried it.

I think browser makes a difference as well. I am having luck with chrome but have had issues making payments on various Japanese sites with Safari.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter