booking the first trip of a new adventure??

Carol

Living the DREAM
Should we be leery of booking the first dates of a new ABD trip? I'm sure Disney would research and try out new trips before adding them to their already successful ones. How much do you think they "test" them?

Carol,

I would not worry about being the first group to go on a new Disney adventure. Disney runs many test runs on their new adventures (along with doing a lot of research before a trip is offered). Many of the test runs before a new adventure is offered included various Disney employees as the customers. So you know the feedback from their own employees improve on the quality and enjoyment of the adventure.

They do A LOT of research on these adventures and actually go out and speak to local tour operators and research the areas in detail before they put together the itinerary and offered it as a destination. I wouldn't hesitate booking the "first" date of a new ABD

We were on the first trip of the Sacred Valleys tour this year, and we decided that we would be looking for more first trips/new tours in the future. I think they made a special effort to have their best guides on the trip, just in case. I know all the guides are good, but it became obvious through various conversations that Aimee is one of their "go to" guides. (They wanted her to lead the ABD that the members of the The View took in June, for example, and she often trains new guides.)

We were also told about the "dress rehearsals" that Disney had run, and changes they had made due to feedback, then had tested again with another dress rehearsal.

So I wouldn't worry about being a guinea pig at all. Enjoy your trip!

Thanks for your responses. We are booked for the Alpine Magic and are excited, wishing it was next week instead of 10 months away!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter