Booking via U.S site

CAL2

DIS Veteran
Sorry in advance if this isn't the correct place to post this.

I live in the UK and the dates for 2020 free dining promotion have just been released and they don't include November or December, which is when we want to travel. This means we are probably going to be priced out if we need to pay extra for food. So trying to thinking of other ways to help with the budget so we can still book. If I want to keep the price down I need to look for a good room rate. I not sure we get that sort of promotion our side (never had to look before) but thought I had read that U.S sites do.

Can anyone tell me if

1, I'm able to book a room, or are the promotions for U.S citizens only?

2, Would I need to purchase U.S tickets with the promotion ? (want to purchase U.K tickets)

3, When do they usually release these promotions ?

4, What sort of discounts are they ?

5, Do they include all Disney hotels?

My second thought is renting DVC points for Bay Lake Tower, but again not something I've ever done.

6, Where would I start looking as regard to renting DVC points?

7, Pros and cons of renting

Any information and advice is much appreciated .

cal :flower1:

I’m Canadian and book via the US site regularly, because they have different/better deals than the Cdn site. You can definitely do it, but prices will be in US so you’ll get hit by the fluctuating exchange rates (plus the foreign exchange fees from your credit cards if applicable).

The US free dining does generally require a US ticket purchase, so you wouldn’t be able to use that with the UK tickets. However, if you were doing the typical long UK stay, you could buy the minimum required length of ticket (was 4 days last time I think) and then upgrade to an annual pass on arrival. The maximum US ticket length is 10 park days, but if you added the Plus option you could stretch that by not doing parks and waterparks on the same days.

thank you for your reply, was thinking no free dining but reduced room rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter