Booking with Costco on opening day

We called in this morning directly to DCL, made our reservations and then told the agent we would be transferring to Costco. She went ahead and took care of that for us.
The problem arises if you have an Onboard Booking that was already transferred to Costco within 30 days of sailing to use on a future cruise within 2 years.

Figured I would share my experience today with Opening day booking with a placeholder thru Costco...We have never tried opening day booking b4 thru Costco or Disney so all new to us

Called Costco today at Noon (Central Time)...waited 45 min...talked to 1st person who told me about there new procedure with placeholder (to call you back within 24 hrs) after you provide them some information about what you want...called it the GOOGLE Notes sheet...Then received call back around 230pm, So less then 2 HRS later...that person went over the notes put me on hold for about 5-10 min came back and said your all set....

So all went well for us, was worried I not would get the room I wanted but it was no issue...even scored the flag pole room:thumbsup2

The one concern I would have if booking opening day platinum thru Costco with a placeholder if it was a popular cruise you would not get the room you wanted and maybe not get the cruise you wanted with the call back situation...

We decided if its a cruise we really want and could not risk this new delay with Costco that we would book directly on Disney Web Site to get what we wanted and transfer to Costco to get the gift card just suck up missing the 10% discount. Your results and solutions may vary...

We booked yesterday through Costco. I had to wait till 10 AM Eastern, but then had trouble getting through. I called to speak to someone else, got transferred to the correct place, was on hold for about 20 minutes, and got the exact room we wanted in about 10 minutes.

BTW, what is a flagpole room? I've been around here forever, and I never heard that term.

We booked yesterday through Costco. I had to wait till 10 AM Eastern, but then had trouble getting through. I called to speak to someone else, got transferred to the correct place, was on hold for about 20 minutes, and got the exact room we wanted in about 10 minutes.

BTW, what is a flagpole room? I've been around here forever, and I never heard that term.
I assume it is the rooms with the layout that results in having a "pole" in the middle of the room. Like 6514.

Does anyone know if the lead on the reservation must be the Costco member, or any person on the reservation is a Costco member? I want to get it squared away before I do anything.

For example.....if Costco membership is in Mom's name, but Grandma is the lead on the reservation?

bump....does anyone know how the Costco shindig works?
The only time the 'lead' person matters is when you are using a placeholder booking in their name - otherwise, it's any of the first two full-fare adults. So, one of passenger 1 or 2 on the reservation has to be a Costco member and can initiate a reservation transfer to the agency - or get the agency to book in their name. If your grandmother is the first adult on the reservation, add yourself - the Costco member - as a second, and it should all work out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter