Booking with?

profdsny

DIS Veteran
Hi, we just thought about a ABD for next year in Europe. Who should I talk to about booking this? Disney? Travel Agent? Any start up suggestions would be helpful, thanks.

I used a travel agent - for two reasons - one I have an agent I have been using for a few years and am very comfortabel with her ability and her knowledge of Disney and two she gave me an extra discount above the early booking rate that was available through ABD

Good luck with whatever you decide to do

I wouldn't hesitate calling ABD directly if you are looking for more information. We called to get more information and they were very helpful. Even if you plan to eventually book through a travel agent, I don't think there is any reason to not talk directly with ABD to get more info.

I wouldn't hesitate calling ABD directly if you are looking for more information. We called to get more information and they were very helpful. Even if you plan to eventually book through a travel agent, I don't think there is any reason to not talk directly with ABD to get more info.
I totally agree with this! I was on the fence about the ABD I was looking to book, and the ABD agent I talked to spent an hour & a half talking to me, explaining the itinerary in more depth, and helped me decide I did want to sign up. She was invaluable!

Sayhello

However and wherever you book, you can also ask any "unofficial" questions here during the process -- this is a great group of people always willing to share their knowledge and experience!

Dotti

Thanks everyone for the responses. I'll let you know as things progress. This is a new venture for us. We've DVC, and have done the cruise once already with hopefully another one soon, but, these just sound real night.

I would also recommend booking direct with ABD. The CMs are so enthusiastic about their product. And they are VERY knowledgeable about all the details. I feel very comfortable working with them. That said, if I find a TA who offers a discount/rebate then I will transfer my reservation to them before final payment is due. But for the initial booking I think ABD direct is a great way to go.

FYI, when you book through costco, you are speaking with a AbD representative. Super nice and lots of enthusiasm.

Hi, This past April I booked Hollywood/disneyland with my AAA agent. I did receive a few extra goodies that my fellow travelers did not receive by booking ABD. I received a beautiful leather bound photo album with the ABD logo embossed on the top. I also received a small travel bag . On the other hand a couple of days ago I booked the Costa Rica trip through ABD. They gave me such a great airfare price! However, as it turns out , the agent made a mistake with my travel dates (that's way it was so cheap). After he corrected the dates I was told the airfare price would be $540.00 more. I spoke with a supervisor at ABD and they are going to absorb the extra airfare fee since I had already been boooked at that price and my crdit card had been charged the lower price. Also the ABD agent did not call be back with the bad news until two hours after he had made the mistake. My AAA agent told me that she can take over the trip for me and that way I willl still get any AAA extra perks offered. Also, just so you know that if you become a member of Costco, thaey are giving cash cards up to $5000.00 per trip depending how expensive your trip is. You must be a member first. Log on the Costco site - then click travel and you will see a Tel # to call. You will be directly connected to ABD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter