• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bookings straddling use years?

AdamsMum

DIS Veteran
So I have 5 banked points (I know, minor). I'm trying to book a reservation end of my April UY to use them up. So March 28 - April 3. My reservation will have 5 banked from 2023, 41 current 2024, 16 borrowed 2025,and 45 2025 points which as of April 1 will be current. Will the system be able to digest that? Is it worth the mental gymnastics just to save 5 points? Maybe I'm overthinking it. I've rewritten this post a few times :confused3 It might still not make sense.

Just based on what I've read, not what I've done (we've never had this exact scenario), it sounds like you might have 2 options that don't involve losing points. One, book 2 reservations - one for 3/28-4/1 (all within your UY), and then later book a second for 4/1-4/3, which means you're not technically booking across your UY. After, have MS merge them into one reservation. I think this would work.

Two, call MS the morning of 4/28/24 and have them handle the details for the entire reservation. But it sounds like what you want to do is valid - you just will need some help because of the UY barrier. I certainly wouldn't toss the 5 points if you don't need to.... Hope this all works out as you need!

@thankxfornoticin is correct - you can't book across your UY, but MS can. So on 4/28 you can book the nights in the first UY (check in 3/28, check out 4/1), and on 5/1 you can book 4/1-4/3 and then chat/email/call MS to merge them into a single reservation (assuming all details are the same re villa size/view etc.). Or on 4/28 you can call MS to book the entire thing at once.

Thank you. I didn't know that. Okay so I get that booking it as 2 separate reservations will do what I need done. Good thing I posed the question before trying.
I’ve booked across my use year a couple of times. I go online at 11 months before check in & book the days in the ‘old’ use year, then an hour later when the MS phone lines open up I call and ask them to finish the booking. The call takes a little time because you have to be clear w/ which points you’re using (& I have 2 contracts for each of my home resorts complicating it a bit more) but because those reservations are for a very popular time I want to at least block my villa online while I wait an hour for the phone lines to open up so I can finish the booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter