Bounceback Information and FAQ Thread - 25-35% off BOUNCEBACKS ARE BACK for 2024/2025!

You can cancel a real room-only booking at any time up to 5 days before check-in.
I understand that, as that's how I book my reservations when I don't use a TA.... but for the bounce back, is that the way it works? Is it really a real room only, or do they just make it a basic package.... It's been so long since I did this, I just really don't know... and I'd prefer a real room only if I do a bounce back. The confirmation email should spell out the cancellation policy...

I understand that, as that's how I book my reservations when I don't use a TA.... but for the bounce back, is that the way it works? Is it really a real room only, or do they just make it a basic package.... It's been so long since I did this, I just really don't know... and I'd prefer a real room only if I do a bounce back. The confirmation email should spell out the cancellation policy...
I don't know how the current system works, but in the past, the bounceback booked as a room-only had the exact same terms as any other room-only reservations. I know because I did this many times.

I'll be interested to see what people who've actually done this have to say, in case it is different this time.

And, while I'm here, has anyone with an AP discount for a stay sometime during 2023 compared it to the bounceback rate? Is the AP discount the same? better? worse?

I had an AP 35% discount for my december YC reservation, and I THINK that's what they are offering for the BB for dates next year for the Deluxe.... Maybe someone who has booked it can let us know.

Can you tell us your cancellation policy and when you need to pay in full? I'm sure you can book a room only, but can you cancel after 45 days like a real room only booking?

That would be really great if that is the case.....

It is a room reservation, that follows the rules for room only reservations. Pay balance on check in, cancel up to 5 days before. It is a “real” room reservation, NOT a package. I don’t know what other kind of room reservation there would be except a “real” room reservation. It has normal room reservation policies. In 30 years the only discounts I have ever seen that HAD to be packages were things like free dining, kids stay & play free, etc. Room discounts, including bouncebacks have always been able to be booked as a room only or a package. This is no different. Except for an uneducated or overzealous CM.

I had an AP 35% discount for my december YC reservation, and I THINK that's what they are offering for the BB for dates next year for the Deluxe.... Maybe someone who has booked it can let us know.
You are correct, it is a 35% discount for certain dates for deluxe resorts. It's slightly less for moderates and values. The difference between booking a room only versus a package (not including a different cancellation policy) is that for a room only, the deposit is one night room and tax, not a flat $200.

We have an AP discount for FQ for December. I'm not sure if it's 30% or 35% off, but it's a decent discount.

ETA: I just looked at the list of the AP discount rates for December, and it looks like we have a 15% discount. So maybe the bounceback will be better. I will report back when I know more, since we'll be there this week.

It is a room reservation, that follows the rules for room only reservations. Pay balance on check in, cancel up to 5 days before. It is a “real” room reservation, NOT a package. I don’t know what other kind of room reservation there would be except a “real” room reservation. It has normal room reservation policies. In 30 years the only discounts I have ever seen that HAD to be packages were things like free dining, kids stay & play free, etc. Room discounts, including bouncebacks have always been able to be booked as a room only or a package. This is no different. Except for an uneducated or overzealous CM.
Thank you! Simplifies things!

The bounceback I booked is 35% off YC next September. There was very limited availability for YC for my dates & nothing at CR CL. I even said I could be flexible with dates but those were the resorts & room categories I wanted. I have a feeling things are really limited with this offer, at least right now. I understand everyone’s dates & resort preferences are different, so the results will be different for everyone. But several people I have talked to have found nothing for the dates & resorts they want. Again, I have never had any trouble getting a bounceback discount for a YC WV CL for Labor Day week, ever. This is the first week the BB was available & there was nothing at all available. So I know the rooms just weren’t offered at a discount, there was no way the BB could have sold out on the 3 rd day.

Edit… I have an AP rate for a YC WV room in December that is also 35% off.

I hope more people start posting their results with BB bookings. As I said, the options were limited for my resort & dates. As we’re they for a few other people I spoke to. I’d like to see what happens for other people’s dates & resorts. I’d like to know if I have bad luck or if Disney is being very limiting in what they’re offering.

I mean @happysavermp not being able to get a BB room for 4 weeks at CBR doesn’t sound promising to me.

I promised I would provide a report once I checked into my Resort.

Today was my check-in day for my Kidani studio that I paid for using rented points.

I am not a DVC owner.

The reservation is in my name and is linked to my MDE account.

Before we all knew about bounce backs, I already had five various room only reservations booked for 2024 at multiple value resorts.

A few minutes ago I called the bounce back phone number we had all discussed earlier. 407-934-7639.

I had to tell the system I was interested in Disney World and told it I was calling for bounce back offers.

The system picked up on the word "offers" and sent me to a cast member.

When she answered the phone I asked if she was able to help with bounce back discounts.... and she said yes.

Once she verified that I was presently staying at a Disney Resort, it was off to the races!

What she basically did was modify all my reservations that i had previously booked on my own a couple of months ago.

In some cases I added an extra day because the trip was now more affordable.

In another case I actually changed my dates making it one week later so it would comply with a bounce back period.

I think for one or two of the reservations I was forced to book a preferred room in order to get the discount.

I also changed from All Star resorts to Pop on two of the reservations.

In other words, I was able to completely manipulate the reservations and as long as they were within the date span of the promotion I got the discount.

I was caught by surprise that on some dates my Pop century rates were 25% off.

That's been pretty much unheard of for the last couple of years.

Pop was frequently excluded from promotions or had a very small discount compared to some other value resorts.

Every single one of my reservations was a room only reservation. I'm an annual passholder and have no need to buy tickets.

I live near Atlanta so for me coming down here is pretty easy because it's only about a seven and a half hour drive with gas stops.

I will monitor this thread for a little bit to reply to any other questions anyone may have.

I'm presently looking out over the savanna and watching the animals eat their snacks!

Last edited:
We ran into a similar issue when booking. Also a military fam and plan to buy my tickets on base. We've always done room only, no package, with the first night paid in full as a deposit. The CM we worked with for the BB said we only had the option for the room only basic package, which meant different cancelation rules, different balance payment rules, and only the $200 deposit. Were you able to book not as a package?
Yes...that CM is wrong. You absolutely can book a room only with the bounceback. We actually booked 3 different bouncebacks (different trips) and booked room only for all. although twice they tried to give me a package and I had to repeat myself and be stern about it which was annoying.

The bouncebacks I booked last week were room only and the normal 5 day cancelation.

😳. 🤬. That’s a bald faced lie that you were told. My CM pushed the package too, but I was insistent on room only (we have APs). Told him we don’t need tickets or the “magical extras” that come with a package because our AP benefits are better.
Yes to this! We booked a room only too for BWI. We are APs too.
She did ask about the dining plan but I said no thanks.
Just FYI for anyone wondering, Poly CL was not available for the other half of our stay but I wasn't surprised.

So if I have an upcoming trip, I can book BB for more than one trip just based on one stay? Ex. I stay this august, if there is availability under the discount, I could book a trip for this coming February and next summer??

Thanks @BridgetBordeaux! Happy things worked out for you! Can you say what some of your dates are? Thanks!
January 28th to February 3rd I'm staying at All Star Movies in a preferred room for a total of six nights with only five of them being discounted. The total comes to $834.

My next trip is for May 5th to May 11th at Pop century in a standard room..... six nights for $1,107.

The next trip is September 22nd to 28th at All Star Music in a standard room for $882 ...six nights

My next trip is October 27th to November 1st at All Star Movies in a preferred room...... four nights are discounted.... one night is Halloween (which is expensive).... The total of those five nights is $844.

My final trip is December 2nd to December the 7th at Pop Century in a standard room..... $1,015 for the five nights.

January 28th to February 3rd I'm staying at All Star Movies in a preferred room for a total of six nights with only five of them being discounted. The total comes to $834.

My next trip is for May 5th to May 11th at Pop century in a standard room..... six nights for $1,107.

The next trip is September 22nd to 28th at All Star Music in a standard room for $882 ...six nights

My next trip is October 27th to November 1st at All Star Movies in a preferred room...... four nights are discounted.... one night is Halloween (which is expensive).... The total of those five nights is $844.

My final trip is December 2nd to December the 7th at Pop Century in a standard room..... $1,015 for the five nights.

Thank you! I originally planned to book more than 1 bounceback. But we ended up with Covid when we got home. My husband was very sick when I called but I figured it would be a quick call. Unfortunately I was on the phone for well over an hour as the CM worked with GS to figure out why he couldn’t book what he thought he could see. Even then, my room type & dates are not what I was wanting. I just couldn’t deal with trying for another trip at that point. We’re going back in December so I will try again then. We’re retired & can be flexible in our dates. So if the BB doesn’t work out, I’m sure there will be other discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter