Braves-will they be at WDW in March? UPDATED on Nov. 17

jimmytammy

<font color=purple>Swivel, it's a hard habit to br
I know this is a little off subject but hoping someone can help.

We have already booked 2 studios for 2nd week in March at VWL. My Dad and Mom will be flying in later in the week to go see Braves Spring Training games. Just today the Braves released their tentative schedule and to my dismay they have no games listed for March. Will they continue to play at WWOS or has the end come?

My Dad will be so dissapointed. Unfortunately, this is the only way I know to coax them into a trip to WDW.

Any info would be great. I am in desperation mode here :confused3

UPDATE: Braves have released their Spring Training schedule today. It can be found at www.springtrainingonline.com

Oh drats!
I would like to know about this roo. I am taking my dad to WDW 3/5-3/11 and was hoping to surprise him w/Braves Spring Training tickets.
Oh Bummer :guilty:

Yes they will be there. The posting of games you see is the regular type season. The have not posted their Grapefruit leauge yet. I do know that an exibition game will be help on March 1st with the UGA Bulldogs at World of sports. Tickets are not on sell yet. They should be in January. :flower:

I just checked the Wide world of Sports website and it says schedule not yet available, but it's still list on their site. I though about getting some tickets too. I'll let you know if I find out any more info.

Hey thanks all!

I called WWOS last night after posting this and the message said that Braves will once again be holding Spring Training there in 06'. I sure hope this holds true. I know there is some kinda new league forming that has international players and some of the playoff games will be played at WWOS during early March. I think seeing the Braves schedule yesterday with no games in March spooked me.

We'll be in Florida March 29-April 2 and we're hoping to catch a Braves game and a Mets game (would be perfect if they played each other that last weekend, but I doubt it). I actually called the Braves and Mets about two weeks ago to find out when Spring Training schedules would be available (the only grapefruit league schedule available so far is the Phillies and they aren't playing the Mets or Braves). The Braves told me they'd release the March schedule sometime in December. The Mets told me after the holidays. Tickets don't go on sale until the second week of January.

Hi everyone! This is my first post! I have been lurking for awhile though! I called the WDW of Sports yesterday since we will also be there the 2nd week in March and they said the Braves spring training schedule should be out in December with tickets going on sale in January. Hope this helps! We are anxious to go! :earboy2:

Kristi

What everyone has posted sounds like the way it was last year. DH and I went to DWD during the last week of March just to go to spring training games. We didn't set foot in a theme park. We went to games in Kissimmee, Lakeland, Dunedin, as well as at WDW's WOS. The Braves game at WOS was rained out after just minutes before the game was to begin. So, at least we got to see the game and get a hotdog before wading back out to the parking lot. If I went there again, I think I would try to take Disney transportation to the ballpark. We had to park quite a way from the stadium. Hopefully we will be able to go again during spring training and they won't get rained out. DH also wants to go to some games on the east side of Florida, using Vero Beach as our homebase.

Wow, my husband checked the Phillies schedule last weekend and saw that they are playing the Braves on March 22nd - when we'll be there! We're waiting for ticket sales, too.

OregonDisneyfanatic- Welcome to the DIS.

StormalongKay- that date would work out super for us! I think I just found out what DH is getting for X-mas! ;)

Does anybody remember what the spring training tickets cost last year?

This website was very helpful for us when we were planning out 4-city tour of spring training last March. Maybe you can get some use from it also. It has pictures of the stadiums, info about ticket sales, directions to ballparks, etc.

http://www.springtrainingonline.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter