breakfast and dessert split up?

sunny_stace

DIS Veteran
hey DISers...another probably stupid question asked a hundred times before but....if you're using your daily TS credit on a breakfast meal (which I am several times), how do you use your dessert? Can you split it up and use it like a snack credit later in the day or do you have to use it immediately with your meal? Thanks in advance for any info!

This is one of the strange things about the dining plan.

If you do a table service for breakfast, you do not get a dessert. :confused3 It is the same way with counter service (no dessert at breakfast).

We have done the dining plan twice, and we try not to use our credits for breakfast unless it is a character breakfast.

I believe this is a recent change. When we used the plan in Sept 05 we were allowed dessert at breakfast. I got 6 beignets at POFQ with a waffle combo. Also, they allowed 2 beverages. 1 hot and 1 cold. I think you got the dessert if you only got 1 drink. From everything I've read though, the dessert is gone from breakfast. We don't use our credits for breakfast. Even CS isn't a good deal. At PM CSR the cashier was going to charge us a CS credit for 1 ind. box of cereal (no milk) and hot tea and 1 snack credit for a banana. This was for my DD6. I was appalled! (and annoyed) After I offered to pay OOP for the banana, and use CS for the cereal and tea, the cashier was able to make it work. That's just one reason we don't use credits for breakfast. We usually eat it in the room or on the run. Of course now with the changes on the snack credits we'll probably be having pastries and donuts for breakfast.

Hope this helps-happy dining! :banana:

You are right the change to the dining plan occured last fall.

When we went in Aug 05 we were allowed dessert with our breakfast.

When we went again in November, we were told dessert was not included with breakfast. I asked to see the brochure that stated what you get with the dining plan at breakfast and sure enough there it was:

--One table-service meal (including appetizer, entree, dessert, or full buffet, non-alcoholic beverage, and gratuity/service charge; dessert not available at breakfast)

I was disappointed but at least I know what to expect now.

Also, TS breakfast doesn't include an appetizer.

It's just juice, entree, and beverage. Unless it's a buffet.

It is true that breakfast TS is entree and drink ONLY. We were at Olivias and both the server and the manager confirmed that there was no appetizer for breakfast, only the entree and drink are included. (although, they didn't tell us that juice and a beverage were included!)

This is why we are not wasting credits on breakfast; it's too cheap to not pay out of pocket and save those credits =)

There are very strong reason to use TS for dinner each day; in many cases there is just a value difference that cannot be overcome as compared to using TS credits for breakfast or lunch. I asked a question a few weeks back trying to see if anyone could come up with a TS restaurant where you don't really "miss out" on anything, having lunch instead of dinner, and none of the suggestions panned out: In each case there was something specific that we would likely enjoy that we'd get at dinner but was not available for lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter