Breakfast at Whispering Canyon

erinsmom

Mouseketeer
Search is down.

Can anyone tell me what the breakfast is like at Whispering Canyon?

Thanks

Check out the menu at www.wdwig.com for breakfast. it should give you a good idea of what the meal will be.

Basically they have an all you can eat skillet with traditional breakfast fare. Also some alacarte items if the skillet doesn't appeal to you.

Be aware that all the "antics" that occur at dinner also take place at breakfast. If you like that sort of thing, it's a fine spot.
But if you're looking for a quiet breakfast--well, look elsewhere!!

Originally posted by Uncleromulus
if you're looking for a quiet breakfast--well, look elsewhere!!

I totally agree. We stayed at The WL last Christmas/New Year, and had breakfast here many times.

The food and service was excellent - but it did get extremely loud and noisy - so like Uncleromulus said, if you prefer quiet you should probably go elsewhere.

Richard. :)

I read somewhere that you could request the Library Room if you didn't want to be near the "antics". We will be staying at WL for the first time in Dec. and are wondering if this is true. We'll probably want to try the experience, but depending on how long the night before was and which side of the bed we wake up on, may not appreciate 20 bottles of ketchup being brought to the table;)

what are some of the antics. My daughter will turn 5 while we're at WDW and this will be our last meal before we leave. Is this a good chose. I'd like to leave on a happy note.

Thanks,
Erin's Mom

We always request the table in front of the fireplace, much more quiet back there...

Erin's Mom-

It really depends on who your server is. Some are more "fresh" than others. We LIKE the antics...such as asking for ketchup (don't want to give it away), or if you're celebrating a birthday or anniversary (our waiter made us re-create the cake cutting ceremony and feed each other)...

It's all in good fun, but you have to be comfortable with that type of humor, some people don't like the loud atmosphere or get embarrassed easily...to each his own.

The food IMO is very good. Not gourmet, but plentiful and good. The breakfast skillet is a good deal.

Another thing they do (which won't be giving away too much) is pony races, where the kids race around the restaurant while the adults wave their napkins around their heads.

Thanks for the info. It sounds like a lot of fun and a good way to end our vacation.

Erin's Mom:D

WCC is loud and boisterous for breakfast, lunch & dinner. If you want a peaceful, relaxing meal -- this is not the place for it. However, if you like loud, fun, antics, yelling, laughing, etc. -- this is a wonderful place for a truly memorable meal.

They do have a couple of tables set aside for those who might want to "observe only", but not participate in the antics. I don't know if this is designated as the "Library" -- the tables are still in the restaurant and you can easily hear and see everything that's going on. However, the servers basically leave you alone at these tables. And there's only a couple of them...

If you want to have some fun, here are a few things that have generated "unusual" responses in the past. None of these are guaranteed, because each server is different.

1) Ask for ketchup (this is almost guaranteed to get the same response EVERY time -- this is a tried and true WCC antic)

2) Ask your server where their "six-shooter" is (do not use the word "GUN")

3) If you are celebrating a birthday or anniversary or other special occasion, let your server know.

4) Ask for Pepsi.

5) Ask your server where you can buy some GUM at WDW.

6) Ask your server for directions to Universal Studios. (This doesn't work as well if you substitute SeaWorld or other attractions, like Wet 'n Wild.)

7) Ask about where you can go to get Spiderman's autograph (or Hulk's or other Universal character) in your DISNEY autograph book.

8) Wear a hat or t-shirt from Universal. (You may not be seated!)

If you do 6, 7, and/or 8 and your server has not fainted or thrown you out of WCC for high crimes against Disney, consider yourself truly sprinkled with pixie dust!

9) Have an adult inquire about the pony races (or better yet, ask if they can participate in a pony race!).

If you have a server who is really "into" their role, you can often get some really fun interaction going. Some of the servers seem to really enjoy this "give & take" with guests, so go ahead and "egg" them on. Trust me ... it will make for a very memorable meal. ;)

Tell them you are very thirsty and you want a big glass of water.

Also at lunch we have witnessed fun with the following:

Ask for a LARGE glass of lemonade

Drop your fork and ask for another

Ask for more straws (actually, this probably was only because my kids were blowing the wrappers at each other to begin with -- I have NO idea where they pick up habits like that ;) )

Quiet, it is not! My mother in law was victimized mercilessly, but she is a great sport and still talks about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter