Bride-to-be's totally confusing PJ - Beach towel design =o)

If you do the MK wedding, will you still do anything on the cruise? Or will the cruise be more of a honeymoon?

A MAGIC KINGDOM WEDDING!!! :cloud9: I will be so jealous and so happy for you at the same time!

:thumbsup2 Good luck on the MK wedding! As much as i would love to have one....no way would i want that kind of stress!!

So are you not doing the beach wedding on DCL? are you still having everyone sail??

If we CAN do a MK wedding then we wouldn't do anything special on the cruise we would just all go and do the cruise as we are suppose to as normal cruise guests. Because all of our guests would still be with it I wouldn't think of it as a honeymoon but more of an extension of the reception. Depending on how much time DF can get off from work we are hoping to do a quick honeymoon somewhere after the cruise ends.

I just feel like to be able to sign a contract and have everything set in stone would take soooo much pressure and stress off. I could sleep at night!!! If the cruise people would even tell me what they are working on then I would have a lot more patience - but apparently every thing is top secret - so I am about at the end of my rope with them.

I still don't know if the date is available - I have heard there are tons of restrictions so who knows maybe they don't even allow it on weekends and we would need it for a sunday. I am hoping to hear today.

Then if we CAN do it I just have to figure out how to convince DF to switch - I already talked my mom into it, but convincing DF is going to be really hard.

Our groups person emailed me today and offered studio sea from 4-6 for a buffet dinner and a band. Sigh. I feel like its so early for dinner - it would have to be cocktails and I just feel like studio sea would need soooo much in the way of decorations to look weddingy for anything other than a hollywood theme. If we did do dinner there I feel like we would need all new tables and chairs since the usual ones are all so tiny.

What do you guys think?

We still haven't heard about availability for the castle.

Our groups person emailed me today and offered studio sea from 4-6 for a buffet dinner and a band. Sigh. I feel like its so early for dinner - it would have to be cocktails and I just feel like studio sea would need soooo much in the way of decorations to look weddingy for anything other than a hollywood theme. If we did do dinner there I feel like we would need all new tables and chairs since the usual ones are all so tiny.

What do you guys think?

We still haven't heard about availability for the castle.

I can't see where they would bring in other chairs and tables from??? Regular dinner service will be prepping and starting during that time. I think you either need to be happy with what DCL offers as part of the package or you need to have a WDW wedding. DCL can obviously not accommodate the type or reception you are trying to have. The point of the DCL package is to be simple and all inclusive. If that isn't what you are looking for then it isn't the right choice for you. It seems like they are trying really really hard to help you out.

Holy cows...that was a bit abrupt. My advice is to do exactly what will make you the most happy. This is your wedding and you are spending a TON of money to make it just the way you want and invision it.
I would have loved to have our wedding at the castle...talk about magical and fairytale...we so didn't have the money to do that but if you do...GO FOR IT!!!
Just remember...this is YOUR wedding and YOUR day. We are here to give you advice and help you along and that's all. You go for it girl and get every little thing you want on your wedding day ;)
Oh yes, and by the way...I would like to come if you have it at the castle :rotfl:

Anna Marie

I'm excited to hear if you get to have an MK wedding. The wedding can't be at the castle itself though right? It's the Swan boat landing by Tomorrowland. Or are you trying to get them to change that?
I'm very interested to see how this turns out popcorn::

I feel like with all of disney if we are willing to pay for it they should put a price tag on it. sigh. I am soooo depressed. I really don't think Studio Sea would work even though it would have enough space for a band to come a long and a dance floor. I emailed them this morning and said that DF said he would much prefer to just rent out Palo for the evening without the kids. It kills me to not have the kids there.

All of the kids are on his side of the family and there parents don't usually even get babysitters - if they have to go out a relative comes to stay with them. I really don't think they are going to be willing to put the little kids in the nursery. I fear that they just wouldn't come to dinner and would go to the normal rotation seating.

I still haven't heard about availability for the castle!!!! Its killing me!!! I got to the point where I was so stressed yesterday I just through a huge fit and burst into tears. DF then said if you really want the castle I guess we can look into it... YAY!!!! He is just concerned that it is going to be freezing cold and no one is going to want to wake up early enough for it.

To answer questions - I assume it would be a swan boat landing. I wasn't going to change it - I think the landing would be fine. So I wasn't even going to ask about changing it unless something comes up and we need more people to be allowed to come but I doubt that would happen. Thats all assuming we CAN do it.

I am justifying the price of the castle because everything except for flowers is included and we would make the breakfast reception super informal so we wouldn't be spending to much on it. I figure with the cost of bringing a photographer on board with us and paying for a stateroom and paying for a band to come along with staterooms and for the whole reception place and everything else that would cost of chunk. Plus if we wanted to to a MK photo shoot (which I am not sure if we were planning to do or not) thats already included in the price too. Plus we wouldn't have to pay for the cost of the wedding on the beach and I wouldn't have to buy another beach appropriate wedding dress. I offered to skip the pontoon boats and evening entertainment the night before. I even offered to downgrade the hotel block a category to try to talk DF into it. So if I made those sacrifices price wise we might be able to afford it. :)

I hope you find out soon about a MK wedding. Although they used to do weddings in other locations at Mk, I think they only do them at the swan boat landing now. If I could afford a wedding inside MK though I don't think I would care about that. The castle is still in the background and it would be so magical!
If you go with MK, would January 31st be your new date? One word of warning if it is-for the past few years it has either rained in Orlando on that date or been really cold. I can tell you that for a fact because it's my birthday. This year I got engaged on my birthday. It was early afternoon and I was wearing my heavy jacket that I own mainly for the trips I take up north to visit family. DF had to wear a jacket as well and he never gets cold. It didn't surprise me at all though because the weather on my birthday the past few years has always been yucky.
Good luck with whatever you decide!

Thats sucks about your birthday. Keep your fingers crossed that the weather is better next year!!!

The date is convenient because its the day we leave for the cruise so everyone is already there. At the same time that day will accidentally be our 5 year anniversary.

I saw this - http://fredammons.com/wedding/index_files/Page1086.htm

and now I don't know what I want. Does anyone know what they use for a backup for the castle venue if it does rain?

and now I don't know what I want. Does anyone know what they use for a backup for the castle venue if it does rain?

The Wedding Pavilion, is my guess. Since it's an 8am ceremony then the Wedding Pavilion will be open.

The Wedding Pavilion, is my guess. Since it's an 8am ceremony then the Wedding Pavilion will be open.

So if it does rain and it is moved to the wedding pavillion - are you charged for the wedding pavilion plus all of the extras or are you still charged for the castle package?

So if it does rain and it is moved to the wedding pavillion - are you charged for the wedding pavilion plus all of the extras or are you still charged for the castle package?

I don't know, my guess is still the castle package, and you'll still get the floral and photo and video and everything. I'd say maybe you could email your wedding consultant and check with them.

I don't know, my guess is still the castle package, and you'll still get the floral and photo and video and everything. I'd say maybe you could email your wedding consultant and check with them.

Thanks! I still haven't even heard if its available yet so I think its going to be a long time before I can ask and get answers about other stuff like rain.

Thanks! I still haven't even heard if its available yet so I think its going to be a long time before I can ask and get answers about other stuff like rain.

I'd check on that before signing the contract. I've been checking on locations for my ceremony, and I can't even see if they're available yet, and I've been asking about rain locations if they are outdoors. They can tell you the backup location, because that's a set thing. Even if they can't tell you if it's available yet.

I am just waiting for them to email me back. I thought it would be such a quick thing and its taking forever. I figure I will wait until wed and if I still haven't heard anything I will try emailing again.

Last week our consultant was soooo good at emails - I guess he is having a really busy week.

I am just waiting for them to email me back. I thought it would be such a quick thing and its taking forever. I figure I will wait until wed and if I still haven't heard anything I will try emailing again.

Last week our consultant was soooo good at emails - I guess he is having a really busy week.

He might be waiting on other people so it might take a while. It says on the website dates subject to availability which I take to mean that they need to check with MK personnel before confirming the date and time.

Your contract will state the back up locations but definitely ask. When we were planning our rehearsal dinner in AK the back up location was Pizzafari... I was mortified but nothing I could do except hope for good weather.

January isn't usually very rainy so you should be safe.

Wow, I can't even imagine doing my wedding in the morning and then coordinating everyone to get through a reception breakfast, get changed, and get to Port Canavrel. The boat may not leave until late in the afternoon, but if you are doing Disney transfers they have pickups that can start as early at 10:30. They dictate your pickup time, not you. If you DON'T do Disney transfers make absolutly certain you get to the port on time. The boat will only wait for the Disney motor coaches (supposedly) if there is a problem with one of them reaching the port on time.

We were at Disney at that time this year and it was very very cold (it rained on that day this year). I was miserable doing our BP shoot in late January; I can't imagine how miserable I would have been during a wedding. Our wedding day was beautiful though so its just luck of the draw. (ETA: miserable uncomfortable and cold, not emotionally miserable; I was elated, LOL)

WDW can make a lot more things happen (for a price) than DCL can. The ship is confined within itself and there may be some requests they simply can't accomodate as they can't just "get more" so to speak when floating at sea. There are all sorts of Coast Guard and USDA rules and regulations.

At any rate, I don't mean to sound negative either, just giving you some things to think about. Your plans sound lovely, and I think it's wonderful you are doing so much for your guests. Try not to stress too much and remember that it is not selfish to think that your wedding day really is ultimately about you and your DH. Make sure it is what YOU want, not what you think will please your guests the most. You don't want to regret it later.

Excited to read more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter