bring food in parks

snapnek

Earning My Ears
Hello,
Someone told me that USF allowed guests to bring in food in backpacks etc. Snack, sandwiches, water, etc. Please tell me if this is true or not. Also, I have 3day passes, which days do USF and IOA open early for multiday ticket holders? I will be there on Monday July 30th thru Wedn Aug 1st, so I know the parks will be crowed. I'm hoping to get a jump start on the crowds with the early entry.
Thanks for your help,
SnapNek

i do not think i would open the back pack and show them all the food you are bringing in. I do not belive they allow coolers so food in a closed backpack is a do not ask do not tell policy at best. There is a thread that tells about early entry or ask where you are staying. have a blast, we do!!!

The official line is no outside food in the park. However, I've never seen anyone searched or expelled for sneaking in sandwiches. Some people bring in small coolers and I've never seen them turned around. Don't try to bring in a 50 gallon cooler and paper plates though!

Actually, the only time my bag has been searched is during HHN. They are looking for alcohol.

Whenever I go to any theme park I always bring a snack for everyone in my party. Just something to munch on and hold us until lunch or dinner time.

i went early one saturday morning and was leaving about 1:00 pm and as i walked back to my vechicle in spiderman 353, about halfway down the row there was a whole group (about 16) of people sitting on blankets on the concrete having a picnic. They were in one of the walkways close to where thier van was parked and had the doors open and the radio playing on low volume. I guess you would call it an IOA tailgate event

I remember seeing a family with a small cooler picnicking at the tables outside Thunder falls Terrace.

I have read about people outfitting their children with small canteens for drinks and fanny packs with some snacks to keep costs down. Sounds like a great idea to me but a bit too late for me as our kids are grownups now.

Slightly Goofy

Yeah, it's a don't look, don't tell policy, I hope it stays that way.

Bring one of those plastic grocery bags with some towels in it and a change of cloths. You need this anyway for the soaking you get on Popeye. Wrap the snacks and drinks in the towels. As you enter the park, get the $5 locker to the left.

Then go back to your car in the covered garage and have lunch. Only negative to this is that it's a long walk, and uses up some time, but if you have a group of people, it could save you alot of money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter