• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bring it on--we're going in September 2020 Trip ****Updated 1/23/2010****

Disneyfan71

Paging Mr. Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow, your par
Well for those of who don't know me I'm starting a PTR! I haven't been to Disney since 1995 and it's past time to go. Last year we were going but due to lack of funds we couldn't. So this year we're in the planning stages...just not sure though.

The cast:
Me: Bill, 38, Disney fan for life.
My DW and that's it!!!

I hope that you will want to follow---not sure how often I will update but will do my best.

The details:
The dates: September 11-18...place (more than like All Start Movies)--seems to be the cheapest. Hopefully Disney will be offering the free dining plan--if not we'll play it smart :)

I hope you all follow.

That should be a nice time to go! We went in 2007 at the beginning of June, and while it was hot, the humidity hadn't set in yet!

Can't wait to hear more details as they come in! :thumbsup2

Thank you. I've been comparing prices between staying on property and off as well. I know the pros and cons of each. We have to ask ourselves is it worth saving the extra $600 to spend on food. I've only stayed on property once (1980) and don't remember much about it. And all the other times have been off property.

As for the Park Hopper option, well I too have never had that either. So again I can't miss something I never had :) Personally I'm all for going to one park each day and then going back to say Epcot Magic Kingdom.

At this point we're weighing our options to see what's best. And it all depends on how my wife does. She's thinking about doing this thing called thirty-one (I can't explain it) but we might have to use that money to pay for the trip. And if I'm working or not too!! So yeah, lots of factors.

I just realized if we did go this year it would be the 30th anniversary of my very first trip to WDW!!!

Then it's a must.....:cool1:

All depends on how well my wife does with her thirty-one gifts---long story short, that might end up paying for the trip.

If we wait for 2011 it will be 40 years since the MK opened and will be close to my 40th birthday...So either way I win. :)

Right now we're still planning on going. Debating whether to stay on property or not. I know the pro's and cons of both. I'd much rather have an extra $600 to spend on food. Granted we could take part in the dining plan. At this point we're in the early planning stages :)

You should consider to contact AAA and see what kind of discount you can get either on or off site.

You should consider to contact AAA and see what kind of discount you can get either on or off site.

Actually I've looked at a Days Inn about 7 miles from WDW...$31.00 a night. It's on I-Drive in Orlando, which is fine with me. We've looked at a few other places about $40.00 a night. We're on such a tight budget---and truth be told I don't mind staying off property. I've only stayed on property once and that was 30 years ago. So I'm not really missing it you know :)

***Update***

My wife will be doing her online business starting next week. SO if we have enough in her commissions we could possibly stay on property. Then again if we don't stay on property we'll have more to spend on food. :)

At this point we're still deciding on what to do. We could wait and go in August if we have to. Or possibly September.

Hello.

We'll be there in early June. We are staying offsite too. We've stayed at Fort Wilderness twice. This time we choose an offsite rental house for the $$ savings an the extra space.

August and September will be less crowded but hotter.

Let us know what you decide.

Just looked at a room (Days Inn)--for seven nights is $35.00 a night. Then buy our 7 day park hopper tickets $572.00 or don't do the park hopper option would be $468.00 So the question is do we get the park hopper option or not. My thing is I've got ADD and some depression/anxiety. So it would probably be BEST if we we stick with one park each day. Then go back to one of the four on the remaining three days.

Again--this is just in the planning stages :) Any suggestions on where to stay off property?

Hi there! Still not sure what the 31 gifts is about. Sounds like a good plan for a trip so far.

Have you thought about doing the Give A Day promotion? The one day tickets can be upgraded. It could save you about $140 in ticket cost.

Hi there! Still not sure what the 31 gifts is about. Sounds like a good plan for a trip so far.

Have you thought about doing the Give A Day promotion? The one day tickets can be upgraded. It could save you about $140 in ticket cost.

The thirty-one gifts is hand bags and pocket books!!! Looks like we might wait and go in August or September---crowds aren't as bad then. June is just too soon--sure it's five months away. We need enough money for us to get through the summer...she's a librarian at an elementary school. Right now I'm in school (long story) and won't be done until the end of March.

If I remember correctly, late September is the best time. In fact, we went at that time in 2005. It's consider as value season at that time so we were able to book it with cheaper rate since they were less crowd than earlier Sept. Then as soon as Oct comes around, price went up and so is the crowd.

If I remember correctly, late September is the best time. In fact, we went at that time in 2005. It's consider as value season at that time so we were able to book it with cheaper rate since they were less crowd than earlier Sept. Then as soon as Oct comes around, price went up and so is the crowd.

Well the more we talked about it...we might go in early August. My wife starts back to school on the 16th. She's a librarian for an elementary school. Or we'll go the week after labor day. We were planning on June but with it just a few months away, me not working, ect...it's probably best to wait. Honestly I'd rather wait until early September.

I am determined to get there this year :)

Subscribing! :surfweb: Sending pixie dust your way that everything will work out! I'm looking forward to hearing the details as they come along. :)

Looks like now it will be either mid-August or the week after Labor Day!!

Why? My wife is a librarian for an elementary school. Obviously she's off during the summer, which leaves me to make the money. We have to save enough for her so she doesn't have to work during the summer. And I'd rather have the money instead of spending $2,000 on money we need. So if we wait until right before she goes back to school, most of the summer will be over. Plus she gets paid at the end of August. Or if we go in September, she would have been paid---I would have been working a while, and so forth.

IF Disney offers the free dining plan in September, that's even better!!! I am aiming for September--the crowds aren't nearly as bad (from what I've read).

So far I want to eat at:

Chef Mickey's
Sci-Fi Dine In Theater
Teppan Edo
Nine Dragons
Coral Reef

Rides:
Space Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain Rail Road
Haunted Mansion
Toy Story Mania
Test Track
Everest

Of course there are others!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter