Bring on CarsLand! A Fun-Filled Mother-Daughter Birthday Trip! FINAL UPDATES 9/8!!!!

Something Other than RSR​

After browsing a few shops, we left CarsLand for Condor Flats - we wanted to check out the wait time at Soarin’. On the way, however, we stopped off at the RSR FP distribution spot and nabbed these babies.

It was about 12:20 at this point, and you can see our return time was between 9:15 and 10:00PM. We REALLY wanted to ride RSR at night, so this was perfect. :thumbsup2

Soon after grabbing our FPs, we arrived here.

And saw this.

I guess we would be riding! :woohoo: I like the feel of the queue at this Soarin’ - kind of an airplane hanger thing going on.

Willow was feeling pretty good about our short wait time.

Soarin’ is obviously the same ride here as at Epcot, but it somehow just feels more right here - since you are actually in California. :confused3 :laughing:

You might have noticed that we had eaten almost nothing today. We had planned to make this a “snack” day - enjoying several different tasty snacks, but we kept forgetting to do that. :laughing: So when we saw this…

...we knew we needed to stop for one of these!

We watched the trolley show from our table and just enjoyed a nice little break.

We decided to head over to DL after our snack, but Willow had to hang out with this old friend for a bit first.

Up Next: Some Disneyland Characters

Some Disneyland Characters​

A few minutes after saying good-bye to Goofy, we were at the gates to DL.

When we walked through the gates, Willow spotted a character whom she had never met before! Obviously, we ran right over.

The whole time that she was meeting with him, Willow kept saying, “Mom, get a hug!” Well, I was taking pictures (obviously), and all of a sudden, this is what I saw!

So I got a very unexpected Genie hug. :laughing:

As we walked into the park, we saw that Cinderella and Ariel were meeting as well, but their line was closed. I knew they would be heading back to the Royal Hall.

And, more importantly, Willow had spotted this guy.

After a great meet with Pluto, we headed down Main Street.

Up Next: Some Disneyland Characters (cont.)

Some Disneyland Characters (cont.)​

Having seen Cinderella and Ariel, Willow had the need to visit with princesses, so we headed over to the new Fantasy Faire area.

The line at the Royal Hall was not bad at all.

Right across the way was the new Royal Theater, which we sadly did not manage to visit on this trip.

I really liked this new meet area. It appears from others’ pictures that they have done the same thing at WDW, which is great - so nice to be able to meet the princesses somewhere with decent lighting for photos!

We met Aurora first.

They had a very serious conversation about something.

Cinderella was next.

And finally Ariel who was very animated and a lot of fun. (We always have really great Ariels at DLR for some reason :confused3)

Up Next: How About Some Rides? Oh, and Some Fairies?

I can't wait to read about the nighttime ride on RSR. For some reason, that idea of that ride at night just seems really cool to me. :confused3

Y'all got in a good many character meets in a short amount of time! :thumbsup2 Love that Genie went & gave you a hug! :goodvibes I think that is most decent looking Aurora I've ever seen in a TR.

This is making me even more excited for our trip next year! I can't wait to hear how the trip summer goes. Even Ed is excited about going next year. He has spent this whole Saturday reading my Disneyland guide book I bought. And this is a man who does NOT read. Unless it's about sports. :rotfl2:

I love the action shot of genie coming in for a hug--so fun!

The princess meets look cute, as always. Ariel's dress looks different and very pretty!

So do they not do magicbands at DL or were they just still on paper FP when you were there?

Do you have plans to ever try art of animation resort? They have cones you can hang out in by the pool there. I've seen some cute pictures of them! The whole cars themeing really makes me want to stay in one of those 1950s-ish cheesy hotels or find out where that hotel where you stay in a "tepee" is.

I can't wait to read about the nighttime ride on RSR. For some reason, that idea of that ride at night just seems really cool to me. :confused3
I felt the same way - it as a "must do." ;) Actually, just seeing CarsLand at night has to be a must-do - it's amazing!

Y'all got in a good many character meets in a short amount of time! :thumbsup2 Love that Genie went & gave you a hug! :goodvibes I think that is most decent looking Aurora I've ever seen in a TR.
Genie scared the heck out of me! :rotfl2:

Aurora was exceptionally lovely at that meet and greet. ::yes::

This is making me even more excited for our trip next year! I can't wait to hear how the trip summer goes. Even Ed is excited about going next year. He has spent this whole Saturday reading my Disneyland guide book I bought. And this is a man who does NOT read. Unless it's about sports. :rotfl2:
That's awesome! I'm so glad that Ed is excited about it too. I'm so freakin' excited for y'all to go. I can't wait to hear what you think!!!!

I love the action shot of genie coming in for a hug--so fun!
:laughing: I was SHOCKED! :rotfl2:

The princess meets look cute, as always. Ariel's dress looks different and very pretty!
Really liked the new princess set-up. ::yes::

So do they not do magicbands at DL or were they just still on paper FP when you were there?
DLR is still 100% old-school FP and no magic bands. Although I'm sure they'll try to change it eventually, I can't imagine how it will work there. It really is very much an annual pass/local park - the vast majority of people there are not on trips that they have planned a year in advance like at WDW. It would just be SO weird to suddenly try to get everyone to plan like that. :confused3

Do you have plans to ever try art of animation resort? They have cones you can hang out in by the pool there. I've seen some cute pictures of them! The whole cars themeing really makes me want to stay in one of those 1950s-ish cheesy hotels or find out where that hotel where you stay in a "tepee" is.
I have seen those pics too! Super-cute! I don't have plans for AoA though - there are so many other WDW resorts ahead of it on my list of "resorts I want to try." :laughing:

:laughing: We are actually staying at a very retro "motel" on one of our stops on our way to DLR in TWO WEEKS. :scared1: I'm pretty excited about it. :laughing:

Are you kidding??!! A 15 minute wait on Soarin'???!!! :faint: I've never heard of such?! Y'all went at the perfect time of year. Nice meeting a new character, too. I've never seen him at WDW :confused3

Your moving right along with this TR:thumbsup2 Must be because you have another trip coming up quickly :laughing: Lucky you!!!

Is single rider quicker than fastpasses then? :rotfl2: Luvin the fact you went on it a billion times!

So many great character pics as well

I love that Willow has her hands up in the ToT pic! I actually was brave enough to do it this trip, but believe me I had a death grip on the bars :lmao:

The Soarin' queue does look really cool!

Great character pics!

Are you kidding??!! A 15 minute wait on Soarin'???!!! :faint: I've never heard of such?! Y'all went at the perfect time of year. Nice meeting a new character, too. I've never seen him at WDW :confused3
:laughing: Well, we were definitely there during low crowds. However, Soarin' is just not the draw at DCA as it is at DHS - same reason as TSMM, I think. There are just a lot more things to do at DCA than there are at DHS, and a LOT more attractions appropriate for families with very small children. ::yes::

Your moving right along with this TR:thumbsup2 Must be because you have another trip coming up quickly :laughing: Lucky you!!!
That's exactly why! :rotfl2:

We leave in TEN DAYS!!! :eek:

Is single rider quicker than fastpasses then? :rotfl2: Luvin the fact you went on it a billion times!
When Willow likes a ride, she REALLY likes a ride - and it was her birthday trip, so if she wanted to do RSR 45 times, we did it. :laughing: FP is definitely better, but the RSR FPs run out by mid-morning. Single rider allowed us to go on it more than twice. :thumbsup2

So many great character pics as well
Thanks! Willow does love the characters - almost as much as the fast rides! :laughing:

I love that Willow has her hands up in the ToT pic! I actually was brave enough to do it this trip, but believe me I had a death grip on the bars :lmao:
:rotfl2: If I'm not mistaken, she had the same hands-up pose the first time she rode ToT. She just LOVES that ride. It doesn't scare her in the least - she just loves the feeling of the drops. Same way she loves the speed of any roller coaster, RSR, or Test Track. :confused3 :laughing:

Did you end up liking ToT???????

The Soarin' queue does look really cool!
I think it's very right for the attraction. ::yes::

Great character pics!
Thanks - you know Willow loves her some characters! :laughing:

How about Some Rides? Oh, and Some Fairies?​

After our fun meets with the princesses, we headed towards Fantasyland.

Willow wanted to ride the Matterhorn (again), but the line was pretty long. We decided to try the single-rider line for this attraction and went over where to meet, what to do, etc. :thumbsup2

For this attraction, you get these when you enter the single-rider line. :confused3

We were excited to be doing this one again - it’s a lot of fun!

And the nice CM directing the boarding of the bobsleds sent us to ride together! :woohoo: Willow was quite pleased!

Had to stick the camera over the back of her seat to snap this from behind her. :laughing:

We swung by Pixie Hollow next. The posted wait was 30 minutes, but it did not take us that long. I love the queue here - so much better than that awful room with the TV at MK. :laughing: Although maybe that has changed by now?????

Soon we were shrinking down to fairy size.

Up Next: How about Some Rides? Oh, and Some Fairies? (cont.)

How about Some Rides? Oh, and Some Fairies? (cont.)​

Willow and Tinkerbell had a lot to discuss.

Tink showed off her wings.

We continued on and found Iridessa.

This little pool gets all lit up with colored lights at night - very pretty day and night!

We headed into Tomorrowland, and I think we grabbed some FPs for Space. Our plan was to head over to Critter Country to get a tasty snack (it was about 3:00), but we had to stop here first.

This is DL’s answer to the Tomorrowland Speedway, and in my view this one is much more enjoyable. Still stinky, but the ride is longer and much more scenic. Willow was psyched to be getting a chance to drive!

And soon we were off!

This turned out to be a really fun time. I would definitely do it again.

Up Next: New Orleans Square and Critter Country

New Orleans Square and Critter Country​

After Willow’s turn at the wheel, we went to the Tomorrowland RR station and waited for a train.

We ride the train a LOT at DL - I always forget it exists at WDW :confused3, but at DL, we use it as a very charming mode of transportation. I guess it’s Walt’s influence or something that makes us think of the train here.

The train travels through these fantastic scenes of “nature” and dinosaurs and other great things. We love it!

We got off at New Orleans Square and immediately spotted a princess we had to meet. We jumped in line. And this is when Willow started doing this weird picture face that you will see quite a few more times.

What in the world??? :confused3

Anyway, Tiana was as lovely as ever.

Haunted Mansion was right next door, so we did that next. No wait at all!

It was now about 4:00, and we finally made it to Critter Country. We decided to take a quick spin with Winnie the Pooh.

Cute (and different) ride vehicles here.

And finally it was time to get our long-awaited treat! The famous Tigger Tail (marshmallows, caramel, chocolate - you can’t go wrong here)! We enjoyed ours while waiting for another train.

Yep, we needed to make our way back across the park again, so what better way!?

Up Next: A Trip Through Space and Some Dinner

It really seems like it takes hardly any time to get from one place to another at DLR.

I think Reid will really like Autopia @ DLR. Definitely seems more scenic than the WDW version.

And that Tigger Tail looks sooooo yummy!

You guys got to do sooooo much that day! How awesome!

:rotfl2: a the "awful room with the TV". It is absolutely terrible. I doubt that they've done much at Town Square though. I hope the inside is cute!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: The Tigger Tail is world famous! So glad that you tried one!

Oh no!! You're almost done with this TR :scared1: Noooooo!!!

That picture of Willow looking "quite pleased" on the Matterhorn cracked me up! That was TOO CUTE!!! And again...where are the people??!!!

So the Haunted Mansion looks very different. Kind of like New Orleans. Does the inside look different, too? Winnie the Pooh, also...different. And Tinker Belle is precious in her winter attire. :goodvibes

All caught up! I just came over from your WDW/DCL TR .

We might be going to DL in Feb so reading this is giving me an idea of what to expect if/when we head to the west coast!

Thanks for sharing, it is nice to see what DL is like!!

Pixie hollow is so cute! I live the tiny little boat in the pond!

Have you ever seen haunted mansion when they have the nightmare before Christmas overlay on? I saw pictures in other TRs and it looks so cool! We love haunted mansion anytime, but with nightmare added? We'd be in heaven!

Ooooo, tiana's dress is so pretty!! I love princess and the frog!

Willows goofy pictures face is cracking me up!

It really seems like it takes hardly any time to get from one place to another at DLR.
It is definitely pretty easy to get around!

I think Reid will really like Autopia @ DLR. Definitely seems more scenic than the WDW version.
It was a lot of fun - I actually really enjoyed it.

And that Tigger Tail looks sooooo yummy!
It was FABULOUS!

You guys got to do sooooo much that day! How awesome!
It was a jam-packed day! And there's till more coming! :eek:

:rotfl2: a the "awful room with the TV". It is absolutely terrible. I doubt that they've done much at Town Square though. I hope the inside is cute!
I hate waiting in that TV room - it makes every minute tick by more slowly than almost anywhere else.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: The Tigger Tail is world famous! So glad that you tried one!
I knew you would be pleased! :rotfl2:

Oh no!! You're almost done with this TR :scared1: Noooooo!!!
:laughing: There's still a bit to go, and there will be a new one starting next month! :woohoo:

That picture of Willow looking "quite pleased" on the Matterhorn cracked me up! That was TOO CUTE!!! And again...where are the people??!!!
January is definitely a nice time to be at Disneyland! :laughing:

So the Haunted Mansion looks very different. Kind of like New Orleans. Does the inside look different, too? Winnie the Pooh, also...different. And Tinker Belle is precious in her winter attire. :goodvibes
HM is located in New Orleans Square. ::yes:: I think the ride itself is the same though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter