Bring on CarsLand! A Fun-Filled Mother-Daughter Birthday Trip! FINAL UPDATES 9/8!!!!

Things look different over here! I came over from your other TR. This made me realize I've never even looked at the DLR part of this site! I'm looking forward to your TR!

Wow! I would freak out if I walked into a hotel and Baloo was right there. That is awesome!!

Your room and view are beautiful too. I love the pillow on the bed.

Wow! When we were at DLH we didn't see any characters wandering around. DH saw Goofy in the loby once. You must have checked in when the characters had finished up at Goofy's Kitchen, I guess. How cool for Willow to spy Pluto out the window!

What a fantastic welcome! That's so cool that the characters are just wandering the hotel! I love it!

GORGEOUS ROOM! As you know I am slightly obsessed with DLR, and your pictures are enabling me! That headboard is amazing! How cool!

Can't wait to hear more!!

Wow! that is quite a welcome! I have never stayed in any of the DLR hotels but I did find the character greetings in the park to be so casual in comparison with WDW which was so fun! I think all disney hotels should have characters milling around!

Ack! How can you already be on page 3??? :eek: I’m so glad that you decided to devote an entire TR to the DL trip. I have to give it you, I don’t think I could maintain one TR let alone two!

I’m also excited because I want to get my family out to DL hopefully in fall 2015 so I am curious to read along. I have never been to DL before but I did get to stare at the parking lot for a week in high school! :rotfl2:

We went on a school competition-type trip and we stayed at the hotel that is now Portofino Bay and our room faced the DL parking lot. Since we were from FL, they didn’t think that we would want to go to DL being that we had WDW nearby and took us to Knott’s Berry Farm instead! Now, not to knock Knott’s, but it’s a big let down when you are staring at DL all week. I love the DLH, the beds look so cool even as an adult.

I love how close the Santa Ana airport is! And sun…glorious sun! :goodvibes

What a fun welcome!!

Christine

Wow! When we were at DLH we didn't see any characters wandering around. DH saw Goofy in the loby once. You must have checked in when the characters had finished up at Goofy's Kitchen, I guess. How cool for Willow to spy Pluto out the window!

I'm really starting to believe that the child is a character magnet , even from a distance high up above a floor and through a window.they feel her personality and appear ..magical pixiedust: I'm hanging out with Willow next time she comes to WDW ....oh you too Roni we'll let you come with us :rotfl:

That's one of my favorite things about DL - the characters are just randomly everywhere! It made it so magical for our trip last year!!

Somehow I missed you started this report! I'm here and following along and taking notes for my own trip in a couple of weeks!

Jill in CO

Joining in!

I love that the characters were all over the hotel. So magical!

Can't wait to hear all about the trip!

:wave2: Okay believe it or not not ony am I here again BUT Tues I am off and I will be getting that TR quite a bit caught up so wanted to let you know
Thanks! I will make sure to check out your thread - will probably be later this week when I have more time (no school on Friday, so it's a short week for us).

Now on to YOUR report :goodvibes Don't know where to start well with that little princess smiling face LOVE seeing her
Awww - thanks! :goodvibes

Characters in the lobby ? and Pluto by the pool ? :goodvibes pixiedust: WOW a totally different place than here I am so excited to be on the edge of my seat with this report I so dream of walking into Walt's place, someday That headboard ! I am hoping you got some pictures doing it's fireworks thing A M A Z I N G !! Tell us more ( and YES I do have a Pluto for EVERY occasion :lmao: you should see my house ! )
It really was a fabulous way to start the trip. We went from travel to total Disney happiness so quickly! :woohoo:

Wow--what a beautiful room!!
Isn't it? We love that hotel - I do believe we will likely be staying there again this summer. ;)

I LOVE the idea of characters meeting in the hotel! That would be so cool to just walk in and see goofy chillin' in the lobby!
It was awesome! I don't know that it's a regular thing - we certainly didn't run into them on our first trip, but it sure was a GREAT way to start our little vacation. :goodvibes

Glad your trip is starting off so well! Can't wait to hear more!
Thanks! I can't want to share more - hopefully soon. This keeping up with two TRs is going to be a little tricky for me….

Things look different over here! I came over from your other TR. This made me realize I've never even looked at the DLR part of this site! I'm looking forward to your TR!
Hey there! Thanks so much for coming on over and joining in! :goodvibes

Wow! I would freak out if I walked into a hotel and Baloo was right there. That is awesome!!
:laughing: We were definitely pretty stunned at first. And he was RIGHT there as we entered too. And it's like no one else had even noticed he was there. :confused3

Your room and view are beautiful too. I love the pillow on the bed.
We are huge fans of the DLH - the rooms are gorgeous. I had originally booked a standard view, but when I called about a winter discount, the CM checked for any new AP discounts, and there was a great one that included an upgrade to a pool view. I could not turn that down! ;)

It was really fun! :goodvibes We didn't experience that on our last trip either. We did see Goofy again another day hanging out by the pool though. :confused3

What a fantastic welcome! That's so cool that the characters are just wandering the hotel! I love it!
It was one of the neatest Disney moments. We walked in the doors, turned left, and BAM - there was Baloo! :laughing: I believe I was texting you with that information moments later…… :rotfl2:

GORGEOUS ROOM! As you know I am slightly obsessed with DLR, and your pictures are enabling me! That headboard is amazing! How cool!
You know, we have two or three more trips to go this year. I'm just sayin' - perhaps you need to visit California. :rolleyes1

Can't wait to hear more!!
Can't wait to share more! Can't believe I took on two TRs at once…….. :eek:

Wow! that is quite a welcome! I have never stayed in any of the DLR hotels but I did find the character greetings in the park to be so casual in comparison with WDW which was so fun! I think all disney hotels should have characters milling around!
I agree about the park meets - you never know whom you might stumble across. Love it! The characters during our check-in really started off the trip on a great foot! :goodvibes

Ack! How can you already be on page 3??? :eek: I’m so glad that you decided to devote an entire TR to the DL trip. I have to give it you, I don’t think I could maintain one TR let alone two!
Hi Christine!!! I'm so glad you are joining in. I hope I can juggle the two TRs. It's a lot!!! :crazy2: :rotfl2:

I’m also excited because I want to get my family out to DL hopefully in fall 2015 so I am curious to read along. I have never been to DL before but I did get to stare at the parking lot for a week in high school! :rotfl2:
Oh, I hope you make a family trip to DLR - it's so great! I will likely have at least 2, possibly 3, more DLR TRs this year! :woohoo: :laughing:

We went on a school competition-type trip and we stayed at the hotel that is now Portofino Bay and our room faced the DL parking lot. Since we were from FL, they didn’t think that we would want to go to DL being that we had WDW nearby and took us to Knott’s Berry Farm instead! Now, not to knock Knott’s, but it’s a big let down when you are staring at DL all week. I love the DLH, the beds look so cool even as an adult.
Oh, that is just awful!!! It's almost like they were taunting you with Disneyland!

The DLH is an absolutely lovely place to stay. We are CRAZY about it!

I love how close the Santa Ana airport is! And sun…glorious sun! :goodvibes
Yep - that airport is perfect - very close but also very easy to navigate and deal with. I avoid LAX like the plague…..

What a fun welcome!!
It was so special and fun and unexpected! :goodvibes

I'm really starting to believe that the child is a character magnet , even from a distance high up above a floor and through a window.they feel her personality and appear ..magical pixiedust: I'm hanging out with Willow next time she comes to WDW ....oh you too Roni we'll let you come with us :rotfl:
:rotfl2: You are killing me, Ruthie!!! :rotfl2:

That's one of my favorite things about DL - the characters are just randomly everywhere! It made it so magical for our trip last year!!
Isn't it great???? I mean there is something to be said for being able to plan your character meets, I suppose, but I just love that you never know what character you might suddenly come across! And, of course, the big names are available in specific places at specific times too. Perfect!!!

That is sooooo cool to have the characters around the hotel!!!! And I LOOOOOVE that headboard....makes me want to go back to disneyland!! :thumbsup2
The DLH is fabulous! And you should go!!!!! :thumbsup2

Somehow I missed you started this report! I'm here and following along and taking notes for my own trip in a couple of weeks!
WHAT?? You are going in a couple of weeks!? How exciting!!! Where are you staying? How long will you be there?

Oh, and thanks so much for joining in over here, Jill! :goodvibes

Joining in!
Hi Amanda! It's so great to see you posting again. :goodvibes

I love that the characters were all over the hotel. So magical!
It really was magical - exactly! pixiedust:

Can't wait to hear all about the trip!
Hopefully, I will update soon - maybe tomorrow? This two-TRs-at-once thing is going to be a challenge for me. :laughing:

I love early morning departures! It always makes the vacation seem that much more special.

You had a beautiful room!! So much space! We had one of the remodeled rooms when we stayed as well. The kids loved the musical, lighted headboards.

The characters walking around the hotel must be a new thing. They didn't do that when we stayed there a couple years ago. That is fun!! What could be better than walking out to the pool and bumping into Goofy?!

Joining in...can't wait to read the updates. I grew up going to WDW, spent every summer in FL visiting grandparents, so it is just weird to see the DL resort right in the middle of a city. Just a little hard to wrap my head around. I have only been to DL 1x, about 10 years ago. I don't remember too much at this point but I do recall that I liked Space Mountain better at DL and that POC was a little different.

I plan on returning to DL in 2015 to run the Dumbo Double Dare in September. Will make a week out of it since flying across the country requires no less than a week. Flying to Hawaii requires 2 weeks!!

Love that Baloo was there to great you! I have the best pic of my son when he was 3ish with Goofy in that lobby! They have remodeled since we were there last. Love your pictures..that headboard is amazing! I also love that you can open your slider and hear all the sounds of Disney right outside. Clearly it's time for me to plan a trip there!

Oh wow I love how the characters are just wandering around the hotel, Willow must have been in heaven :goodvibes

I love early morning departures! It always makes the vacation seem that much more special.
Really??? I wouldn't mind an 8AM departure so that we were getting up at 6, I suppose. the 4AM wake-up is not my fave though! :laughing:

You had a beautiful room!! So much space! We had one of the remodeled rooms when we stayed as well. The kids loved the musical, lighted headboards.
Oh, I just love the rooms at DLH. Aren't they gorgeous and comfy?

The characters walking around the hotel must be a new thing. They didn't do that when we stayed there a couple years ago. That is fun!! What could be better than walking out to the pool and bumping into Goofy?!
Maybe we just lucked out, but it was a fantastic start to the vacation. :thumbsup2

Joining in...can't wait to read the updates. I grew up going to WDW, spent every summer in FL visiting grandparents, so it is just weird to see the DL resort right in the middle of a city. Just a little hard to wrap my head around. I have only been to DL 1x, about 10 years ago. I don't remember too much at this point but I do recall that I liked Space Mountain better at DL and that POC was a little different.
Welcome!! Thanks so much for joining in! :goodvibes

Yes, it is weird to see it right in the city, especially when you are used to WDW. I actually worried the first time we went that it would be less magical. Somehow it isn't though! pixiedust:

I plan on returning to DL in 2015 to run the Dumbo Double Dare in September. Will make a week out of it since flying across the country requires no less than a week. Flying to Hawaii requires 2 weeks!!
Oh, that's wonderful! I totally agree with you on the flying cross-country thing. I feel like we have to have at least 10 days when we go all the way to Florida. :laughing:

Love that Baloo was there to great you! I have the best pic of my son when he was 3ish with Goofy in that lobby! They have remodeled since we were there last. Love your pictures..that headboard is amazing! I also love that you can open your slider and hear all the sounds of Disney right outside. Clearly it's time for me to plan a trip there!
Clearly, it is time! You need to get back to Disneyland!!! :woohoo:

Oh wow I love how the characters are just wandering around the hotel, Willow must have been in heaven :goodvibes
She totally was - at first, she was just completely shocked. Baloo just didn't register for a few seconds. :laughing:

Ahhh been away too long and didnt realize you had started your DL trip report!
I would have had a fit when Goofy walked into the lobby:lovestruc, its fantastic that the characters are at the hotel walking around.

The hotel is gorgeous and the room with the headboard and pool view. I need to book a trip out there, haven't been since the 70's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter