Bringing a friend who hasn't been in almost 30 years

Kristi391

Mouseketeer
Hello all,

I go to Disney pretty often and last fall my friend who hasn't been since her kids were little almost 30 years ago mentioned that she might like to go down for a few days with me to see why I like it so much. Well, that led to me putting the wheels in motion and giving her a few websites to check out to see where she would like to stay, eat etc and we made plans. We will be there from 7/5-7/9 at French Quarter and have 3 day hopper passes with Genie+. We have dining at Beaches and Cream, Le Cellier, Raglan Road, Oga's, and Whispering Canyon. I don't care what we do because I go so often, but I want her to have fun. I asked her if she wanted to have a more relaxed trip or more of a go, rope drop kind of trip and she said rope drop. She is very active, loves a cocktail or two and is into Marvel and Star Wars. She doesn't seem interested other character things, such as meet and greets (Neither am I if I don't have kids with me) or most character-ish rides like Frozen or Remy. I thought Jellyrolls would be fun after Raglan road, but I am trying to think of others things a person who hasn't been in so long might want to do. I feel like I kind of take things for granted or overlook things.

Our tentative schedule looks like this:

Tuesday 7/5-Arrive at resort somewhat later (flight gets in at 8:45)

Wednesday 7/6-Epcot-try for Cosmic Rewind, ll other attractions (She really wants to do test track), B&C for lunch, Le Cellier for dinner. Maybe hop to MK after, depending on how tired we are.

Thursday 7/7-Animal Kingdom, Raglan Road for Dinner, Jellyrolls after.

Friday 7/8-Studios, Oga's s at 11:30, Whispering Canyon at 1:50, MK rest of the night.

Saturday 7/9-Fly home

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kristi

Have her look at the You Tube things like ResortTV1. They are kind of corny but for someone that hasn't been in a long time would be an introduction to the things that have changed over the years. Then let her tell you what she would like to do as long as you don't care, but once you get there direct her to some of the things that you particularly like for her to experience. Just stay flexible. There are some things that she will recognize from 30 years ago, but mostly it will be quite an eye opener,

I LOVE the Ratatouille ride at Epcot. The trackless/projection ride seems to be a newer phenomenon for her to experience. GotG is very good but you might want to take some meclazine beforehand if you get motion sickness.
Since she likes Star Wars, I’m glad you’re going to Oga’s. Remember that Star Tours is generally a short wait line. Frankly, I can’t figure out why. I also like the Frozen show at HS and MMRRR. ROTR is a better ride than MFSR, but both worth doing. i won’t wait an hour or more in line, though.

BTW, for reference I am a 60-something female.

Last edited:
Have her look at the You Tube things like ResortTV1. They are kind of corny but for someone that hasn't been in a long time would be an introduction to the things that have changed over the years. Then let her tell you what she would like to do as long as you don't care, but once you get there direct her to some of the things that you particularly like for her to experience. Just stay flexible. There are some things that she will recognize from 30 years ago, but mostly it will be quite an eye opener,
This!! She has been doing a ton of research. I booked our ADRs based on her preferences and plan to go with the things that she is most interested in. I’m so excited!

I LOVE the Ratatouille ride at Epcot. The trackless/projection ride seems to be a newer phenomenon for her to experience. GotG is very good but you might want to take some meclazine beforehand if you get motion sickness.
Since she likes Star Wars, I’m glad you’re going to Oga’s. Remember that Star Tours is generally a short wait line. Frankly, I can’t figure out why. I also like the Frozen show at HS and MMRRR. ROTR is a better ride than MFSR, but both worth doing. i won’t wait an hour or more in line, though.

BTW, for reference I am a 60-something female.
This is perfect. I am an almost 50 year old female and she is 50 something.

I hope she wants to do some of the character attractions once we get there. I’ve been going back and forth on Rise and best way to do it (Rope drop vs ILL) and we’ll ll smuglers. I completely forgot about Star Tours, but I’ll add that to the plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter