Bringing old beer mug

TXDCLfan

DIS Veteran
We have not cruised on DCL for 7 years and I still have a beer mug that you got 16oz for the price of 12oz do they still have that?

21 oz for 16 oz price. Buy a token and get mugs of beer onboard, then a fresh mug to take home.

Look for happy hour discounts in bars - I‘ve read this is combinable. I think it’s half price for the beer.

They may not honor old mug. Current cost is $15.25 (possibly + 18% gratuity) for the mug price.

The fantasy honored our old beer mug token 3 times last year - the last cruise being in November.

DH gets the token - which is usually accepted, with the exception of the first post-covid sailings. You probably don't want to give up the beer mug as the new ones are quite different - more generic.

See this thread - most discussion is about ducks but the first thread also mentions old beer mugs will not be honored/accepted.
I am sailing again on the fantasy in 2 weeks. Will report back if our old beer cards are accepted on this sailing! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻. We have been using these same cards since 2017!

See this thread - most discussion is about ducks but the first thread also mentions old beer mugs will not be honored/accepted.
My favorite part of this was it's ok to bring the mug but you can't refill it:rotfl2:

Our old beer card has worked this week on the fantasy. No one has even blinked an eye at accepting the old beer card.

Does anyone know which type of card or beer mug is currently being used on the Wish? Is it still the Wish-specific card and mug? Thanks!

To answer my own question, for anyone else such information might be helpful, on the Wish last week they were using the light blue cards that debuted with the silver anniversary; I didn't see any of the older green ones, and our bartender friend was nice and accepted our old Disney Wish-specific card. The mug was the standard DCL-branded mug, and they confirmed the Wish-specific ones are all gone.

I sailed on the Magic 1/31/24 and 2/4/24. Used my tokens, no problem. I also took my mug from bar to room and turned it in the next day no problem, so I'm not sure how they would have known the difference had I pulled a mug from my home/luggage. I only saw the classic glass DCL mugs.... I didn't see any 25th anniv mugs or blue plastic mugs on deck these sailings. HTH

I didn't see any 25th anniv mugs or blue plastic mugs on deck these sailings.
Did you ever fill your mug on the pool deck itself? Even on "normal" sailings where there were no supply chain issues with the glass mugs, they would normally never serve glass on the pool decks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter