• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bringing snacks into the parks...

Belle2002

Mouseketeer
I know that Disney won't let you bring food into the parks like picnic meals or anything like that, but how are they with snack foods? Do they let you bring anything in?? I'm thinking things like chips, popcorn, granola bars etc. Just small snacky things. Any advice?? Thanks!!:bounce:

I never took snacks into the parks before until last year, and that is when they started the bag search after 9/11, and I had things like a bag of goldfish, cheese nips, and a couple packs of pop tarts, and they never said a thing. I wouldnt go and pack huge snacks..but I will always carry a bag of the goldfish..those are good tide-me-over snacks. I see nothing wrong with it. I see people all the time bring out little snacks. :)

SNACK AWAY!!! :)

We've only been to WDW twice (Apr 2001 & Jul 2002), and we brought snacks both times, no questions asked, even with the bag searches. We bring similar items (granola bars, goldfish, pop tarts, apples,etc.). We usually have a nice big breakfast, eat the snacks in the parks to carry us for a while, then eat a late lunch, early dinner (around 3:00 to 4:00). We don't usually have a problem getting seated, and you usually pay lunch time prices for dinner items.

Whatever your plans, it's always good to have a little something to eat, especially with kids.

Have fun!

Sheri :D

We were there 8/8/02-8/15/02. Security does look in all of your bags and packs, but nothing was said about snacks (well, actually one of the security people said to my niece..."thise paenut M&Ms look pretty good!"). We had no problem, everyday we took some juice boxes, granola-type bars, candy, chips, crackers, peanut butter/cheese crackers, individual cheese & crackers, single serving applesauce, fruit cups and pudding cups....even took in a can of aerosol cheese. I wouldn't have wanted to haul a cooler around, but there were people going in with coolers (some the little 6-pack size some as large as about 14"x14"x14"), a few of the large soft-sided coolers were on wheels and pulled along like the carry-on luggage that is so popular now and I saw one man pulling one of those large (36-48 qt) Igloo or Rubbermaid coolers on wheels (that you pull behind you like a wagon. I was really surprised that they allowed that, before I went, I was sweating whether they would confiscate our snacks.

I have seen more and more people bring in not just snacks but even sandwiches and drinks. Disney does not seem to frown on this practice as much as they used to. I have never seen anybody get their food confiscated at the gate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter