Brittany + Noah's DCL 09.25.15 Wedding

MrsMsDisneyFamily

Earning My Ears
I've been wanting to start one of these PJ's I keep hearing about for some time now and I've finally done so! Here's a little about me and the future 'hubs'...

I'm 25 and fiance is 26, we have 2 beautiful sons together (ages 2 1/2 and 9 months) and have been engaged for about 2 years now. He proposed on Labor Day weekend 2012 up at my parents cabin on the dock at sunset. I had no idea that all of our family and friends were sitting in lawn chairs behind us with a front row seat to the 'big show.' It the the most romantic and sweetest way he could have ever done it.

Since then, we've gone back and forth and back and forth about having a destination wedding. We finally settled on a destination wedding and were planning on having it in Cabo San Lucas. Things weren't coming out right and it became too stressful. That's when the little light bulb in my head went DING DING DING...DUH! DISNEY CRUISE WEDDING!!!!

I have been a long time Disney fan and I'm not sure why it hadn't clicked earlier. Since I have been a little girl, I have always had this image of what my family would like it. In all of my dreams it was a picture of Me, my husband, and my two boys standing in front of Cinderella's castle. I'm so excited to, not only get the picture in my head, but then also follow it up by marrying the love of my life alongside our boys.

I look forward to sharing more and more about all of my planning. I've already done SO much but I will break it up, just to keep everyone interested ;)

-B

After we had decided on the Disney cruise wedding, I knew I wanted to really WOW people with invitations. I had been scouring Pinterest for ideas and saw the boarding pass invitations, the cute sailor type invites but when I saw the passport invitations I knew those were it!

The invitations are from Ginger at Serendipity Beyond Design.
She is very easy to work with and does an amazing job on the custom invitations. I highly recommend her! She blew me away with her prompt customer service and attention to detail.

I knew I wanted to keep with a tropical theme so I went with some hibiscus flowers and pink and green for the colors. They turned out so great, I am really impressed and have received lots of compliments on them!

Unfortunately, I can't post the pictures of them yet as I have not made the required 10 posts! So more to come on those...

Congratulations on a Disney cruise wedding they are the best of both worlds! What sailing will your wedding be on? Cant wait to see invites ill be following along! :goodvibes

We are sailing September 25th-28th on the Disney Dream. It's a 3-Night cruise to the Bahamas- Nassua and then Castaway Cay!

I've been following your PJ and you've done such an awesome job with everything and I'm loving all the DIY!

We are sailing September 25th-28th on the Disney Dream. It's a 3-Night cruise to the Bahamas- Nassua and then Castaway Cay!

I've been following your PJ and you've done such an awesome job with everything and I'm loving all the DIY!

The dream is such a beautiful boat your going to have great pictures! and September is a nice sailing time!

and thank you I have the DIY bug right now I have gone a bit overboard and only have 7 months to get all done but I just hope my guest appreciate everything! :goodvibes

do you have any plans yet on wedding favors?

The dream is such a beautiful boat your going to have great pictures! and September is a nice sailing time!

and thank you I have the DIY bug right now I have gone a bit overboard and only have 7 months to get all done but I just hope my guest appreciate everything! :goodvibes

do you have any plans yet on wedding favors?

Oh good! I love all the art deco stylings that the boat has, so I'm pretty sure I will love it. I was a little nervous sailing in September due to hurricanes but I figure what does it really matter if at the end of the day you're married to your man, right!?

I'm starting to get the DIY bug as well. I've been a freak on etsy and pinterest trying to pull together all of my ideas. I'll have to post what I'm thinking for the favors. I loved your hand sanitizer! I'm thinking about doing that as well (hope ya don't mind :thumbsup2) So far though I've only started looking for the actual bags and deciding what styles I like.

What are you putting in your bags and how are you getting them to the boat?

Has anyone ever had their wedding canceled on them? Here's the story of my original wedding and how it fell apart :(

Here in MN we have this little things called MEA break for all of the school ager's. It occurs the 2nd week in October every year and they have that Thursday and Friday off. Being that we have two kids (who not in school yet) and many friends who do have kids that are in elementary and in middle school we thought this would be a great time to go on the cruise! Kids wouldn't be missing school and it's a great time to get a little vacation in mid semester.
I began looking at the October 2015 dates and found the Oct 15-18th cruise on the Dream. It was a Friday-Monday sailing so kids would only need to take one day from school. Once we had spoke with everyone they were all on board and appreciated that we had thought of this! So I called my disney vacation planner Rose, and she booked us for the cruise and luckily there wasn't another Castawy Cay wedding already booked either! (I have always wanted to get married on the beach, just never thought that it would actually happen!!) So as soon as we booked it I began looking for invitations and eventually found the ones I had wanted. I designed them and had them printed. They took about 3 weeks in production and multiple proofs, but they were finished! I received the invites on a Friday all finished and put together and ready to be mailed out. The following Monday I was going to drop them in the mail.
So Monday rolls around... At around 10am I get a call from Valerie, our wedding coordinator. She didn't sound like she had good news... Mind you, at this point we already had 10 reservations for the cruise without even sending the invites out yet. That's how excited people were about this! So Valerie goes on to tell me that Disney had to CANCEL MY WEDDING AND ALL OF THE RESERVATIONS!!! I was in tears, heart broken, panic-stricken and pissed that I had just spent an asinine amount of money on invitations with the wrong date on them.
Well, turns out that the Disney Dream was originally supposed to be dry-docked September 25-28 but, for whatever reason, they needed to switch it to a different sailing. Unlucky for me, they chose my sailing to now dry dock the boat. So here I am, panicking thinking how the hell am I going to tell everyone that we can no longer sail over MEA weekend after they have already booked? Well Valerie came to the rescue. She was the bearer of bad news but then also my saving grace.
She said that when the executive team made the decision to switch the dry-dock dates they saw that I had a wedding planned and that I had already had numerous reservations made. They wanted to call and speak with me first and let me know of my options. Valerie said that because the boat is no longer dry-docked September 25th that they were adding this sailing to the 2015 line-up. She then offered me the opportunity to move everyones reservations to this sailing and we could pick from any room on boat! I thought about it and agreed. She moved everyones reservations and we are now all in a row on deck 9! She also gave everyone who was booked a $250 stateroom credit to apologize for the inconvenience. I thought this was such a nice gesture and definitely put a smile on my face.
Next we were on to the invitations. I had just spent roughly $1000 for 65 invitations that were no longer valid for the dates printed on them. I told Valerie about this and that I would really appreciate it if Disney could reimburse me for this, seeing as this was an unforseen complication due on their part. She took it to the executive team and they eventually agreed! I was thrilled that I was able to get all of the invites re-printed with the correct dates!!

All said and done, we don't have the dates that we originally wanted but I am so grateful for Disney's compassion and customer service. They truly are the best!!

Drum roll please.... here they are:
This is the front cover:

Inside front cover: We wanted it to look like an authentic passport. We our picture and some fun info about us!

Ivite Page: This is the actual invite page. It says "With sandy toes and salty kisses, please come celebrate on the beach as we become Mr. & Mrs.!"

Page 1: We gave a brief description of Disney Cruise Line- taken from their website.

Page 2: Booking Info page. We made a little itinerary for everyone and included who they should contact to book!

Page 3: Port Adventures. I wanted to list all of the fun things that our guests can partake in during the cruise! I also wrote a little note on the bottom.

Inside Back Cover: I found a fun picture of Castaway Cay and wrote a little description of the island

Back Cover:

I did add a little sinamay wrap around the invites along with a cute wooden hibiscus flower ties on with raffia in a bow, just for a little added something :)

Those invitations are amazing! Such a great idea. I don't think I've seen passport invitations yet!

Those invitations are amazing! Such a great idea. I don't think I've seen passport invitations yet!

Thank you! I'm very impressed with the quality of the invitations. They are printed on high quality cardstock so they are nice and sturdy and the print and colors of the ink are flawless! I'm surprised no one else has done passport invitations!

Is Deck 9 the most super exclusive amazing deck with the biggest rooms you can have?? Because if that happened to me, that's DEFINITELY what I would've been doing?

Is Deck 9 the most super exclusive amazing deck with the biggest rooms you can have?? Because if that happened to me, that's DEFINITELY what I would've been doing?

We are located mid-ship which I hear is very desirable and we are in category 4A rooms which is the highest before you go to the concierge level. I was debating on pushing for that for my family but then I was told that with concierge level only guests who are staying with concierge can be up there. So, with the 2 boys I couldn't even have someone come up there to watch them. But, I'm happy with the rooms! PLUS, as a bonus because it was a new sailing the prices dropped by like $300 for everyone! So everyone got a $300 reduction in cruise fare plus the $250 is on board credit. SCORE

PLUS, as a bonus because it was a new sailing the prices dropped by like $300 for everyone! So everyone got a $300 reduction in cruise fare plus the $250 is on board credit. SCORE

Wow! I am so happy to hear that Disney took such good care of your wedding party and I am excited to have a new PJ to follow.

Cheers,
Ashley

Wow! I am so happy to hear that Disney took such good care of your wedding party and I am excited to have a new PJ to follow.

Cheers,
Ashley

I was really pleased with them. They handled everything so well. I'm glad you will be following along, I've got tons more to share!

I found my wedding dress! I went this weekend with my mom to try it on and got tears in my eyes :)
Here is the kicker: It is a Disney Fairytale Wedding by Alfred Angelo
Alfred Angelo Cinderella 216 Wedding Dress

Anyone have thoughts for jewelry, veil, headpiece?

I love your dress and it would really go with just about any style of veil. I just saw one on Say Yes to the Dress with a motif similar to the bottom of the dress so that would be really cool to find. Congrats!

Ashley

I love your dress and it would really go with just about any style of veil. I just saw one on Say Yes to the Dress with a motif similar to the bottom of the dress so that would be really cool to find. Congrats!

Ashley

Thanks! I will have to see if I can find that episode. I did just find a elbow length veil that I like. Are you going to wear a veil at all?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter