broken foot (6 wks ago)and WDW

MrsG

<font color=peach>We teachers ARE the worst!<br><f
I broke my foot (Jones fracture). It will be 3 months when we visit WDW. It is 6 weeks now and I am still not able to walk on it. Hopefully I will be able to in a week or two.

Should I be considering a wheelchair or electric scooter?
Is it possible to walk comfortable around WDW and from BC to Epcot without any aids or am I just wishful thinking?

I know the healing on this type of fracture varies and I am progressing ok but I guess its time to explore my options.

You'll walk huge distances at WDW! Having a wheelchair, if you have people in your party willing to push you along for the duration of the vacation or an ECV could help you out. The only thing with the ECV is having to transfer to manual wheelchairs in some cases, but if you're ok with that, then go ahead an rent one! If you run out of power during the day, which tends to happen at Epcot, due to the size of the parks and the hills, the Guest Relations office near Spaceship Earth has an area where a plug is available for you to charge it up and you can ask the cast members for reading material. They got a lot of information on Epcot and Disney World.

When I worked at Guest Relations at Epcot, a lady with a foot fracture had an ECV who ran out of power. I gave her a lot of info on the park so she could read while her ECV charged up and a sharpie, so the characters could sign her cast!

You'll really want a wheel chair or an ecv. We've rented from walker and have never had a problem running out of power.

In a comparison, I like the ecv more because it gives me more freedom, as I don't have the arm strength so roll myself around all day in a wheel chair. So being dependant on being pushed isn't so much fun.
Money wise the ecv is a lot more expensive, so that is a factor.

Renting offsite is going to make getting to the parks easier, its still quit a walk from the bus stops to the room, and bus stops to the entrance of parks where you rent the scooters and wheel chairs.

Connie

I broke my foot and it does take awhile to heal. A year later it still aches at times. I feel your pain. An ECV will give you more independence. I use an ECV for a chronic problem. I rent from Walker Medical and I have gone from 7:30 Am to after Illuminations without a problem with power. Remember to charge the batteries overnight and you'll be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter