Bumping question, please help

yoopermom

Come join Bravo by the fire...
DH has an early flight on 12/29 from MCO to MKE, but would really prefer to go later that day or even the next day (in order to spend more time with us). When I switched this part of the flight, this was the only one they would put him on for the $100 change fee, without charging us tons extra. The flight appears to be pretty full, so I'm hoping he can take a bump. I know they usually put you on the next available flight, but is it possible to ask to be put on the latest flight possible, or even one the next day? Thanks for any help/advice you can offer.
Terri the Yoopermom
(8 days and panicking!)

Each airline has different rules on this. I would call them and see what kind of availability they have in seats for the times you want. This will help in making your decision.

(Most airlines) If you are not bumped, you can stand by for a later flight on the same day if you "miss" your plane. I would not take that chance.

Often if I get to the airport early I will try to stand by for an earlier flight if possible.

If you volunteer, they will tell you first what reservation or standby they are willing to offer. They usually offer you some flexibility in choosing a later flight but won't pay for your hotel room if you deliberately ask for a flight the next day.

More Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter