Bus Question for Downtown disney resorts

Cmbar

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the downtown disney resorts (we are staying at the doubletree) have frequent buses running to the different parks.

Also does anyone know where the buses for these hotels drop you off for the MK. Is it at the ticket center or at the entrance to MK.

I guess we are trying to decide if we should just drive over to MK instead of taking a bus,if these buses don't work just like the disney resorts.

Any input would be helpful!! Thanks

Hi there. I've stayed on Hotel Plaza Blvd. twice and both times the bus service was VERY efficient.

However, the MK bus drops you off at the ticket center. If you're going to be at the park all day, I would just use the bus. But if you're only going for a little bit, or park hopping, I would most definitely take the car.

Just my $.02!

I personally dislike the Hotel Plaza shuttles. They run approx every half hour (sometimes less during non-peak times). They have obnoxious drivers who tend to drive erratically, and often times go 20+ mph over the posted speed limit. In addition, their coaches were not designed for standees, and have no hand rails, yet they overload a 55pax bus with 80+ people.

Busses drop off at Lane 26 at all four parks. Just remember that the MK Bus Parking is at the TTC... Only Disney resorts get dropped off at the gate.

Thanks for the input. What does Lane 26 mean? I know that the resorts have different lane areas for each resort, but I guess I never noticed what the downtown disney buses had to do. Also Does anyone know how much parking is or if we get free parking with the Downtown disney resort keys. Thanks for anyone's $.02. I love these boards!!!

Wow... that's the first time I've ever read Chip 'n Dale smack somebody like that on these boards. That being said, my occassional experience with non-Diz drivers does recall some less than warm/fuzzy memories of the transport experience.

Thanks for the candor C&D, see you in March.

(Hmmm... non-Diz drivers less friendly than the Diz-CM's.... now there's a real news flash...)

Originally posted by dwbakerjr
Wow... that's the first time I've ever read Chip 'n Dale smack somebody like that on these boards. That being said, my occassional experience with non-Diz drivers does recall some less than warm/fuzzy memories of the transport experience.

Thanks for the candor C&D, see you in March.

(Hmmm... non-Diz drivers less friendly than the Diz-CM's.... now there's a real news flash...)

I'm not very fond of some of these outside bus companies, and taxi companies... and I won't hide that fact. When you deal with them on a daily basis, you really get to see how bad some of them can be. The sad part is, it's getting worse. The DOT used to show up and do random inspections of busses in our parking lot... I've seen a few that didn't pass and had to be towed away. I wish they would do that more often. Bethany (Hotel Plaza's charter company) isn't horrible... they're one of the better shuttle operators out there. But not by much. Just today, I saw one of the shuttle companies driving with a broken door... it was just flapping in the wind. I've seen bumpers missing, tail lights out for weeks at a time, filty busses, cracked windows, bald tires, the list goes on. All this in addition to drivers who have no respect for the road.

Now of course, not to say that Disney Transport is perfect, hardly... We have our share as well... just a small fraction of a percentage of what they might have. However... our busses have functional clearance and brake lights, our busses are clean, and our drivers (for the most part) are respectful on the road. While not perfect (nothing ever will be), I do know that we work gosh darn hard to make sure that our busses are in safe operating condition.

Originally posted by Chip 'n Dale Express
I'm not very fond of some of these outside bus companies, and taxi companies... and I won't hide that fact. When you deal with them on a daily basis, you really get to see how bad some of them can be.

*cough cough Vectour *cough cough Dynamic *cough *cough :tounge: :p :jester:
(FYI: thoes two compines are what the college program used/uses for their busing of the College Program students)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter