Bus wait times on MDE - accuracy?

gumbo1009

...flawed product of a deranged mind...
I read that the bus wait times are now on the MDE.

If that is the case, has this been helpful? Are the wait times generally accurate? (Or do they update/change too often to be of much use?)

Thanks!

Thanks!

And do they provide wait times only when you're at a resort, or do they ALSO provide wait times while at the parks? (Figure it would be helpful to know in the evening whether you are just about to miss, or make, a bus - might make a family's evening departure a bit less cranky if you can better forecast the arrival of those late evening buses - especially in the Summer when everyone is hot and tired...)

Thanks!

And do they provide wait times only when you're at a resort, or do they ALSO provide wait times while at the parks? (Figure it would be helpful to know in the evening whether you are just about to miss, or make, a bus - might make a family's evening departure a bit less cranky if you can better forecast the arrival of those late evening buses - especially in the Summer when everyone is hot and tired...)

It's only at the resorts.

Thanks!

Not at the parks, just at the resort.
I do find them helpful and pretty accurate at the resort though.

You can only see the bus wait times from your Disney resort to the parks, not the other way around.

It’s also not location based - meaning if you’re a guest a Poly but find yourself at the BWI bus station, you won’t be able to see the BWI bus info on the app. Only your registered resort will show up in the app.

I find the times accurate (with the usual allowances for traffic variability). It’s a great feature for us.

You can only see the bus wait times from your Disney resort to the parks, not the other way around.

It’s also not location based - meaning if you’re a guest a Poly but find yourself at the BWI bus station, you won’t be able to see the BWI bus info on the app. Only your registered resort will show up in the app.

I find the times accurate (with the usual allowances for traffic variability). It’s a great feature for us.
You won't see the wait times on mde, but you can see them on the tv screens at every bus stop at the resorts. :)

It's only at the resorts.

Thanks. That's helpful to know.

It all depends on Traffic ...... the bus will come ... when it can ..... why worry ?

Well, I am thinking of using Uber/Minnie vans sometimes - if I knew a bus was coming in a couple minutes, then I'd probably save some $ and skip the paid transportation... based on what I'm hearing, we can use MDE for trips from the "home" resort (but not elsewhere). Just good for me to understand what the options are. (When I am alone, bus will be fine - when my hot/sweaty/tired kid is with me, I may spring for a "taxi"...)

Thanks everyone!

The bus stops at the hotels have screens with the bus times. The MDE will show you the times at your resort so you can check it in your room and know when the next bus is coming. At the parks, there is no bus information times.

The wait for the buses returning to resorts can vary.

The wait for the buses returning to resorts can vary.

YES! We certainly experienced that the last time we visited! Some nights we had quite a long wait... (I think the next time we go, I may just automatically opt for paid transportation some evenings... rather than waiting for a bus to arrive...)

I think the DS buses are the worst. Giant bus stop that you have to walk all the way around and usually over 20 minutes waiting.

Well, I am thinking of using Uber/Minnie vans sometimes - if I knew a bus was coming in a couple minutes, then I'd probably save some $ and skip the paid transportation... based on what I'm hearing, we can use MDE for trips from the "home" resort (but not elsewhere). Just good for me to understand what the options are. (When I am alone, bus will be fine - when my hot/sweaty/tired kid is with me, I may spring for a "taxi"...)

Exactly what we do. When we leave the room I’ll eyeball the bus wait times on the app. If favorable, will head to the bus stop. If not, I’ll consider plan B depending on our plan/destination.

When we stayed at the Contemporary recently, buses departing to the various parks arrived about every 20 minutes. Therefore, you might walk up and just have missed one or it might be just arriving. Not sure how knowing the next bus to Epcot will arrive at 9:42 vs 9:38 makes any difference, since the walk from your specific hotel room to the bus stop probably takes several minutes. At peak times, you might be in line and have to wait for the next bus if the line in front of you fills up that bus. We were at Disney earlier this year and thought the buses worked out fine. It's not intended to be a person limo service, but frankly you wait longer in a FastPass line to board a ride, so had no issues with it.

There’s a bunch of stuff in the MDE that shows up in the my resort when you get there like unlock door, room charges, bus times, dining plan credits left etc. It’s quite useful

Are the times on the app and the times on the boards specific to each resort bus depot for resorts that have multiple bus stop locations?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter