buses

11 am. The plan is to congregate in front of the Swan starting around 10:30 if I remember correctly. We are going to breakfast at Fresh at 8:30. Quick trip back to our room to grab the luggage and back downstairs to start the adventure.

Kim

How would I get from Pop Century to the Swan?
I asked that question myself, and learned that you have to take a bus to the Hollywood Studios and then take a boat to the Swan. I wonder what time we'll have to leave the Pop Century to get to the Swan for the 8:30 breakfast? I really hate not having a car!

I asked that question myself, and learned that you have to take a bus to the Hollywood Studios and then take a boat to the Swan. I wonder what time we'll have to leave the Pop Century to get to the Swan for the 8:30 breakfast? I really hate not having a car!

The only way that will work is if you do not have any luggage.

Disney Transportation (Resort buses and boats) will NOT allow you to bring your luggage.

You would need a taxi or town car.

Thanks for the info! How much is a taxi fare (roughly) from Pop to Swan? And what would be a good time to call a taxi to get there around 10-10:30? I've never used a taxi before:rolleyes1

Thanks for the info! How much is a taxi fare (roughly) from Pop to Swan? And what would be a good time to call a taxi to get there around 10-10:30? I've never used a taxi before:rolleyes1

I've never taken a taxi in Florida. I've only taken one a couple times ever. More than 50% of those I was extremely inebriated. There should be some sort of fare finder or calculator. I think it might be on Mears Orlando's website.

It appears as though Mears lists 2.10 per mile with $0.65 per minute wait time. Might have something more concrete from someone who has taxi'ed before though.

I'd roughly guess about $15? We've taken a few taxis on property (not specifically Pop to the Swan) and it doesn't seem to cost any more than that. Have you thought about sharing with somone else? They have those big multi seat taxis too, but I'd allow a bit of time for them to call you one. I am sure if you go to the concierge desk at Pop they can arrange one for you.

It was $12 plus tip from Pop to the Dolphin in 2008.

I agree cab is your best bet. We took a cab from Boardwalk to Pop in April for $8 plus tip and we ran into Hess to grab some soda.

I took a taxi...Make sure to get a taxi, not a towncar,...from the Pop to the Swan for DAP last year and I think it was about $10.

Hi there Guapotimmy,

I agree with Todd. Most of the Cab drivers that we have encountered at WDW are just plain bad. However, a few years ago be found one that is actually professional. Drives safely, handed us a business card, does not talk on the phone needlessly while driving, has a laptop that he keeps tracked of his schedule. If you would like his name & number please PM me. I always make sure to note is information on all my planning documents.

Mark

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter