Busing System? Is it really bad?

Sorcerer_Matt

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,

I posted on the resort board about the Widlerness Cabins. We have never stayed there before adn we are thinking about getting a cabin for our next trip instead of two hotel rooms. I have heard a lot of good things aboutth e cabins on the resort board but I have been hearing a lot of bad things about the bus system there. How does it work? You have to get on one bus to get on another bus to take you where you want togo?
Any info would be great!
Thanks,
Matt

Fort wilderness is a rather large spread out resort for this reason it has its own internal transportation system, there are 3 colored resort buses that travel the resort, there are 2 main bus stops - the Settlement and the Outpost, the internal buses take you to these stops where you board a bus to your destination.

All internal buses stop at the outpost (Check In Area) and the settlement Depot (Pioneer Hall Area).

YELLOW Route:

300, 500, 1400, 1500, 1600, 1700, 1800, 1900

PURPLE Route:

2000, 2100, 2200, 2300, 2400, 2500, 2600, 2700, 2800, Creekside meadows / Group Camping area

ORANGE Route:

600, 800, 900, 1000, 1100, 1200, 1300, Meadows Trading post, 2100, 2200, 2300, 2400, 2500, 2600, 2700, 2800, Creekside Meadows / Group Camping area

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outpost Bus Stop has direct buses to:

Downtown Disney, EPCOT, Animal Kingdom/Blizzard Beach

Settlement Depot Bus Stop has direct buses to:

Ticket & Transportation Center, MGM Studios

I dont think the bus systm is all that bad. For the most part we have had good experiences and we are there atlest 6 times a year. The last few times we have never had to wait more then five minutes for a bus.

I also think that guest are not used to riding public transportation and feel like they are wasting time waiting when they could be in the park. Most guest are just so excited about getting to the park they hate waiting.

Saying that I would suggest the 2100 & 2200 loops.
If you are really concerned call the bike barn and reserve a golf cart. They are great for getting around the campground.

I think the bus system in use now is the best system they have had. However you do have to catch a bus to take you to a place to catch another bus. If you can swing the $45 a day for the golf cart you can drive yourself to any of the main bus stops or anywhere else in FW for that mater. To get to MK you only need take the bus to the outpost where you can catch a direct boat to MK and not have to ride the monorail or the ferry boat to and from the MK parking lot. The system is nowhere near as confusing as it sounds. Do not let the bus system worry you. I have stayed at FW many times as well as other resorts and the buses at FW will get you to and from anywhere just as fast as any other resort.

We found out while we were there that the internal ORANGE busses all go to the Ticket Transporation center as well, so if you are on the Orange loop, you don't have to transfer busses if you are going there.

We were there for 5 nights and never had any problems with the transportation.

Jo

Hi,

I just stayed at the camp ground Labor Day weekend. I go several times a year and usually have my own car, but this time we had a motorhome so I used the bus for the first time in a very long time and I must say it was a pleasent experince compared to what I thought it be like (especailly on a busy weekend). Let me give you one tip that we did that will speed up your bus ride to your destination....rent a bike or golf cart and take it to the front of the resort where the main bus is for the theme parks/Downtown Disney (if that's where your going). It will get you to the camp ground's hub faster than waiting for the internal transportation and it's one less bus to wait on, plus when you want to take the boats you can use it to go to the back of the campground too!

Mmketeer

Last time we were there thay had Chip and Dale busses and Boone and Crocket. Do they not have these anymore?

Robin

I want to go to MK on a Extra Magic Hour Day. We usually take the boat which is great!!!!!!

What time will it leave. I e-mailed Disney and they said 1/2 hour b4 opening the boat will leave. On a post on these boards someone said not on EE days?? Does anyone have a good guess??

Thanks

The boats never used to leave on time to make it to EE. They usually start up around 8am. So, on EE days, we always took the bus to the TTC, then caught the monorail.

I'm not sure if this is still true with the new EE or not....

My sister just got back from FW on Sunday. She was there for the first week of the new EE. She said they took the boat over to Magic Kingdom and were there in plenty of time to see the "rope drop". :)

Oh, great! Thanks for the info!!

Can't wait--have to wait--can't wait--have to wait...................

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter