But I can’t go without her! A WONDERful Bahamian PTR as a Trio

BAIC03

Mouseketeer
Me: “I know she’ll probably be fine with mom and dad, but I will just miss her so much!”
DH: “Well, then, she’ll just have to come with us.”

I cannot imagine having a good time for a week without my baby girl. She goes to daycare 5 days a week, and I maintain that picking her up is the highlight of my day. So it seems that our serene, relaxing, usually-alcohol-laced Disney cruising apple cart will be upset by our Lil Bit. :lovestruc The Disney Wonder starting December 14, 2013 for a week in the Bahamas!

A little about us…
DH and I are avid WDW fans and cruisers. We used to be fortunate to live and Florida and be annual passholders to WDW for a time. We literally stopped counting our park visits at 100. We went on Disney as our first cruise experience and maintain that with Disney, you always get what you pay for. This will be our 7th cruise with Disney and our third on the Wonder.

DH and I are both veterans; I won’t go into details. Suffice it to say that we are used to extended separations from each other. We waited to have kids because of it- but in 2010, we were blessed with an assignment that was slower in pace and in 2012 we were blessed with our Lil Bit, after a 7-day cruise on the Magic 9 months before (insert Disney Cruise ad here). ;)

DD will be 18 months. She walks, runs, climbs, talks, and is a bundle of pure unadulterated joy. :cool1: We are in the throws of a possible Gluten Intolerance diagnosis… we will see if it sticks. Right now, she has a righteous reaction to cow’s milk, and had lost weight from month 12 to 15 until I put her on a Gluten Free (GF) diet: she gained 1.2 lbs in 3 weeks! I will apologize up front if we are sat with you in the MDR… she will eat the food right off of your plate. Obviously, this is her first cruise, but she has been to WDW twice so far.

So Why Am I Writing a PTR?
1- I was surprised at how many people wait until their kids are older to travel; and I wanted to provide a Disney lovers/planners account at continuing to travel with a toddler.
2- This site is massive, but there was not much for people to gather about how to plan for a toddler. There were a few very meaningful opinions buried in other threads, but I wanted to put one out there for someone who has experience traveling, but planning (and executing) the trip.
3- It will help pass the time until the daggum cruise gets here!

Next up- Yay! Disney is in Texas! And the “I’m sorry, we will have to fly into Houston” conversations. :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter