But Rhett! Where Shall I Go? What Shall I do? Frankly, m'dear... a MAY 2010 PTR

Don't get too excited -- we didn't sneak in a trip to Disney or anything!! :rotfl:

We went to Splash Lagoon indoor waterpark over the weekend! It's a couple of hours north of here. http://www.splashlagoon.com/ It was fun! :goodvibes

So JO -- are we going to talk about the parks and touring plans this week??? ::yes:: :yay:

Whew, you had me thinking you were holding out!! Looks like fun - I bet it was a nice "escape winter" thing!

Come on Jo!! I might even update my TR today, so you better get going too!

I updated my TR, now I don't feel so bad. I too have been out with pain.
Hope you feel better Jo!

Shelley - glad you had a nice weekend getaway! I like those kind of trips ! :)

Joining in! This is a fun PTR :goodvibes Love that you and your hubby get to sneak away-- DBF and I had such a romantic Disney vacation last August! You guys will have a blast, even without the kids!!

:wave2:
Okay- so I know it's been forever-- and I'd like to welcome everyone back with a Mai Tai---:drinking1
Just don't have too many or you'll be :tilt:

So----- let's discuss our travel day!!!

First of all, can I just say that watching airfare go up up up and then sort of down, sort of down, sort of down before going up up up again is just really a pain in my BEHIND?? You would think that after going to WDW so many times I'd be used to playing the game- but oh no. I have to get my hopes up of having $40 one way fares again.

*sigh*
Everyone sing with me the Archie/Edith Bunker song ---"Those were the daaaaaaaays."

Yes, I was lucky enough to get $39 each way fares out of Pittsburgh for our May '07 trip. It was Southwest, I was on it like WHITE ON RICE (;)for you, Shelly--) when they released the fare. I was smokin', my credit card was not. It thanked me endlessly for not abusing it.

*sigh*

Cue the "Those were the days" song.:rolleyes1

So being where I am, which is in the middle of America- right here, of course with not a huge airport with cheap airfare in sight amongst the chicken coops, Walmart trucks and cows-- I had to broaden my horizons.

I looked at two different airlines- Southwest out of one airport two hrs away, or Airtran two hours away in the other direction. SW- $149 pp each way.

blech.

I love SW too. I had such high hopes of the $39 fares. I don't even care about not sitting with my Main Man. Who cares if you are hearded thru like cattle? You"re goin to Disney baby! Outta my way!!!! MOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Okay- hopes dashed I checked Airtran. $79 each way pp. Blech. I'm just so not into these fares!

I waited. And waited. And moaned.

And Groaned.
ANd complained.

And watched the flights every day. They didn't move.

Heck-- if I pull it up right now- they're still sitting there, pretty as you please- happy to be charging you an arm and a leg for carrying your happy tail off to the wild blue Mouse's house yonder.

And yes, to a Southerner-- "Yonder" is indeed a geographical location.;)

I had what I thought to be an aha moment.
Aha! Allegiant Air!!! Whoop Whoop! We can so fly out of here for $69!!! Whoop whoop.

:banana::yay::woohoo::banana::yay::woohoo:

Oh wait. SHOOT!!!!!!! Thursday flight down, Sunday back. That's all they offer.

What the heck, you say? Yeah, I said that too.:guilty:

Then it hit me---- I have this perfectly good man here at my disposal, capable of making many decisions....why not ask DH, aka "Rhett" -- "Where should I go, what should I do", batting the eyelashes over a steaming plate of Lettuce wraps at lunch one day??????

( I only include him on preparations and planning when abso-stinking-lutely necessary b/c he's like, you know, off making money and junk and just wants to know when I need the moolah by.)

So anyway-
I jumped in with both feet-
"IhavetobuysairfareforourlittlevacationinMayandwehavethreechoicessoyouneedtomakeadecisonAirtrannonstopSouthweststinkytimesorAllegiantbaddaysohyeahandwehavetogetbackbySaturdaybecauseit'sDrew'sbrirthdayandheneedspresentssowhendoyouwanttogo?" Blink blink, blankstare- blankstare.

Rhett responds with a very long pause and then...."Okay, first of all, take a breath and tell me the dates and times again". Gosh I love that man. Nothing like grounding me when I'm in a turmoil like a tornado.

So----- over Monogolian beef, lettuce wraps and Thai stirfry- he makes a decison--- "Airtran, leave on Saturday-come back on Saturday nonstop flights-"

And Voila-- Rhett was included, he saved the day once again like all good Prince's do and I came home and at his gentle urging booked the flights.

They've already changed on me once. :headache: Dumb behind airline.

So now after all of that- we will arrive at the Poly late- and I already have to cancel one reservation.

Anyone need an 'Ohana ressie for two???????:headache:

I updated my TR, now I don't feel so bad. I too have been out with pain.
Hope you feel better Jo!

Shelley - glad you had a nice weekend getaway! I like those kind of trips ! :)

Drakes--- oh, I really hope you are feeling better soon. I'll pop in on your TR next!:hug:

Joining in! This is a fun PTR :goodvibes Love that you and your hubby get to sneak away-- DBF and I had such a romantic Disney vacation last August! You guys will have a blast, even without the kids!!

Hi! Welcome to my PTR!!!! Hope you'll stick around. :goodvibes

Wow! I hate airfare watching too. DH is doing most of it for now. I would KILL for a $69 one way. I'm going to be lucky to be under $250 RT each. Grrr. We're hoping that we can find one that gets us there early in the day even if it means getting up at 4 a.m.

Glad you found something good, sorry that you have to cancel an ADR though.

Your airfare watch story was too funny. We, too, live in a town with just a small airport. In order to get any decent airfare, we'd have to drive to one of two airports. One is 2 hours away. The other is a little less than 3 hours away. Still, I've never been able to get anything cheaper than $135.00 each way. Looks like we'll be driving to Walt Disney World......AGAIN!

Wow Jo what a ordeal on the airfare. Too bad you had to cancel Ohana - maybe you can reschedule it later. - Sea

First of all, can I just say that watching airfare go up up up and then sort of down, sort of down, sort of down before going up up up again is just really a pain in my BEHIND?? You would think that after going to WDW so many times I'd be used to playing the game- but oh no. I have to get my hopes up of having $40 one way fares again.

::yes:: You can totally say that!! Watching airfare stinks!! :headache::mad:

Yes, I was lucky enough to get $39 each way fares out of Pittsburgh for our May '07 trip.

Well, there's a reason to move back to Pittsburgh! ;)

It was Southwest, I was on it like WHITE ON RICE (;)for you, Shelly--)

:rotfl2:

So----- over Monogolian beef, lettuce wraps and Thai stirfry- he makes a decison--- "Airtran, leave on Saturday-come back on Saturday nonstop flights-"

And Voila-- Rhett was included, he saved the day once again like all good Prince's do and I came home and at his gentle urging booked the flights.

So now after all of that- we will arrive at the Poly late- and I already have to cancel one reservation.

YAY for getting airfare!! :cool1: $79 isn't a terrible price. I know, it's not great either. But I'm afraid the days of good airfare are over, even for those of us still in Pittsburgh! SW has been running around $125 each way. :scared1: And AT at $89 each way, with the occasional $69 special. If the $69 comes out for my dates you can bet I'll be on that like -- White on Rice!! :lmao: But with AT you have to add $15 per bag. So -- nope, no fantastic airfare deals anymore. :sad2:

But I'm happy you have your airfare and are all set! :thumbsup2 Hopefully you will get to the Poly in time to see Wishes! :wizard:

:wave2:
Okay- so I know it's been forever-- and I'd like to welcome everyone back with a Mai Tai---:drinking1
Just don't have too many or you'll be :tilt:

So----- let's discuss our travel day!!!

*sigh*
Everyone sing with me the Archie/Edith Bunker song ---"Those were the daaaaaaaays."

Yes, I was lucky enough to get $39 each way fares out of Pittsburgh for our May '07 trip. It was Southwest, I was on it like WHITE ON RICE (;)for you, Shelly--) when they released the fare. I was smokin', my credit card was not. It thanked me endlessly for not abusing it.

*sigh*

Cue the "Those were the days" song.:rolleyes1

So being where I am, which is in the middle of America- right here, of course with not a huge airport with cheap airfare in sight amongst the chicken coops, Walmart trucks and cows-- I had to broaden my horizons.

I looked at two different airlines- Southwest out of one airport two hrs away, or Airtran two hours away in the other direction. SW- $149 pp each way.

blech.

I love SW too. I had such high hopes of the $39 fares. I don't even care about not sitting with my Main Man. Who cares if you are hearded thru like cattle? You"re goin to Disney baby! Outta my way!!!! MOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Okay- hopes dashed I checked Airtran. $79 each way pp. Blech. I'm just so not into these fares!

I waited. And waited. And moaned.

And Groaned.
ANd complained.

And watched the flights every day. They didn't move.

Heck-- if I pull it up right now- they're still sitting there, pretty as you please- happy to be charging you an arm and a leg for carrying your happy tail off to the wild blue Mouse's house yonder.

And yes, to a Southerner-- "Yonder" is indeed a geographical location.;)

I had what I thought to be an aha moment.
Aha! Allegiant Air!!! Whoop Whoop! We can so fly out of here for $69!!! Whoop whoop.

:banana::yay::woohoo::banana::yay::woohoo:

Oh wait. SHOOT!!!!!!! Thursday flight down, Sunday back. That's all they offer.

What the heck, you say? Yeah, I said that too.:guilty:

Then it hit me---- I have this perfectly good man here at my disposal, capable of making many decisions....why not ask DH, aka "Rhett" -- "Where should I go, what should I do", batting the eyelashes over a steaming plate of Lettuce wraps at lunch one day??????

( I only include him on preparations and planning when abso-stinking-lutely necessary b/c he's like, you know, off making money and junk and just wants to know when I need the moolah by.)

So anyway-
I jumped in with both feet-
"IhavetobuysairfareforourlittlevacationinMayandwehavethreechoicessoyouneedtomakeadecisonAirtrannonstopSouthweststinkytimesorAllegiantbaddaysohyeahandwehavetogetbackbySaturdaybecauseit'sDrew'sbrirthdayandheneedspresentssowhendoyouwanttogo?" Blink blink, blankstare- blankstare.

Rhett responds with a very long pause and then...."Okay, first of all, take a breath and tell me the dates and times again". Gosh I love that man. Nothing like grounding me when I'm in a turmoil like a tornado.

Congrats on the $79 air fare! :woohoo: Heck, I thought $86 each way was good. Now, I am going to sound really un-with-it, but when you talked about being herded through like cattle on SW, does that mean the seats aren't assigned? :confused3 I have never flown SW before, so that is totally new territory! Now if I could get a great deal, I could care less where I sat. But I would hate to grab on to a stranger's arm if we hit any turbulence. :eek: I am definitely a white-knuckle flier. :worried:

White on rice........I love that saying! Never heard it on the Dis before, though! :laughing:

Oh yes, yonder is a geographical location. As is chonder (for when "out yonder" takes too long to say)
Personally, I've never used the term. ;) But I know actual, living, breathing people who do. :blush:

Congrats on the $79 air fare! :woohoo: Heck, I thought $86 each way was good. Now, I am going to sound really un-with-it, but when you talked about being herded through like cattle on SW, does that mean the seats aren't assigned? :confused3 I have never flown SW before, so that is totally new territory! Now if I could get a great deal, I could care less where I sat. But I would hate to grab on to a stranger's arm if we hit any turbulence. :eek: I am definitely a white-knuckle flier. :worried:

White on rice........I love that saying! Never heard it on the Dis before, though! :laughing:

Oh yes, yonder is a geographical location. As is chonder (for when "out yonder" takes too long to say)
Personally, I've never used the term. ;) But I know actual, living, breathing people who do. :blush:

SW does not assign seats. That's something I really dislike about them. (well that and they always break my luggage :sad2:) You line up and basically get "herded" onto the plane!! :rotfl: Which is difficult with a family, all trying to sit together. You board according to boarding groups - A, B, C. . . The couple of times we have been in boarding group B we have had to go to the very back of the plane to find seats together. It's just a royal pain!

But I still fly with them IF they have the lowest price! :laughing:

I hear ya about the airline roulette! I made the stupid mistake of checking our flight the day before to see if there were seats still available ( to gauge how packed the flight would be) and the price was down $200 ! Now I fly out of Canada and have to pay huge amounts in tax.

Happy Dh helped make the decision, it's so validating when they select a favourable option !

Cancelling O'hana is disappointing, not sure if you can rebook a really late ressie? Honestly we ate dinner here in Jan 2009, Dh loved it, I wouldn't go back, so maybe this is a blessing in disguise :confused3

Hi everyone@! Sorry it's taken a bit of time to get back on here to you guys.

Wow! I hate airfare watching too. DH is doing most of it for now. I would KILL for a $69 one way. I'm going to be lucky to be under $250 RT each. Grrr. We're hoping that we can find one that gets us there early in the day even if it means getting up at 4 a.m.

Glad you found something good, sorry that you have to cancel an ADR though.
Oooh- that is awful for you guys. I hate that. I'd really rather get into WDW early as well- I am so not a night person! :faint: Have you been able ot get tix yet?

Your airfare watch story was too funny. We, too, live in a town with just a small airport. In order to get any decent airfare, we'd have to drive to one of two airports. One is 2 hours away. The other is a little less than 3 hours away. Still, I've never been able to get anything cheaper than $135.00 each way. Looks like we'll be driving to Walt Disney World......AGAIN!
Driving-- do you hate it? How long does it take you to do it? we drive cross country twice a year to my mom's house and it takes forever it seems. $135-- that is steep.

Wow Jo what a ordeal on the airfare. Too bad you had to cancel Ohana - maybe you can reschedule it later. - Sea
Hi Sea! I've been watching- no luck in rescheduling. Haven't cancelled it totally yet-- I don't want the airline to reschedule me again and perhaps I could've made it to the ADR. So i wait.

::yes:: You can totally say that!! Watching airfare stinks!! :headache::mad:

Well, there's a reason to move back to Pittsburgh! ;)

:rotfl2:

YAY for getting airfare!! :cool1: $79 isn't a terrible price. I know, it's not great either. But I'm afraid the days of good airfare are over, even for those of us still in Pittsburgh! SW has been running around $125 each way. :scared1: And AT at $89 each way, with the occasional $69 special. If the $69 comes out for my dates you can bet I'll be on that like -- White on Rice!! :lmao: But with AT you have to add $15 per bag. So -- nope, no fantastic airfare deals anymore. :sad2:

But I'm happy you have your airfare and are all set! :thumbsup2 Hopefully you will get to the Poly in time to see Wishes! :wizard:
When will they relase the next round of dates so you can get your Tix??
I hope they have a massive jaw dropping sale just for you so you can be on it like White on rice.

:lmao:

Ahhh- Jane, Jane- White on rice.:lmao: And FTR- you have an actual living breathing dis friend who says "ou'chonder" too.;)

SW- they are my favorite airline- you have to check in 24 hours in advance- but I read that if you don't buy seats on airtran you have to do the same thing if you want to sit together anyway. SW's no fee for baggage policy is good.

I hear ya about the airline roulette! I made the stupid mistake of checking our flight the day before to see if there were seats still available ( to gauge how packed the flight would be) and the price was down $200 ! Now I fly out of Canada and have to pay huge amounts in tax.

Happy Dh helped make the decision, it's so validating when they select a favourable option !

Cancelling O'hana is disappointing, not sure if you can rebook a really late ressie? Honestly we ate dinner here in Jan 2009, Dh loved it, I wouldn't go back, so maybe this is a blessing in disguise :confused3
Ouch- down $200??? that hurts. I've been trying to not check ours--- it's hard when I'm so nosey.:lmao:

IDK how I feel about the 'ohana ADR. I think when we finally get in, we'll be so tired we won't want anything to eat anyway- so I'm just gonna leave it alone I guess.

Our drive to Disney takes between 14 and 16 hours. It just depends on the weather, traffic and how many pee breaks we have to take. :laughing:

I'm in! Love the title, my wedding was themed after Gone With Wind.
By the way also love the Poly!!!popcorn::

HI!!! Welcome to the DIS!!!!! And to my PTR as well! So glad you are here.

Tell us all about yourself--- I'd love to hear about that wedding. Did you look like Scarlett???popcorn::

And the Poly-- have you stayed there before? I've never stayed there so I am interested in all the details you can share.

:goodvibes

When will they relase the next round of dates so you can get your Tix??
I hope they have a massive jaw dropping sale just for you so you can be on it like White on rice.

Who knows! :upsidedow AT released rates thru Oct last about 2 weeks ago. So maybe another month for them. . . SW is supposed to release rates thru Oct in March, so it could be awhile for the Nov rates. . .

But you know I will be on it like WOR baby!!!! :lmao::rotfl2:

SW- they are my favorite airline- you have to check in 24 hours in advance- but I read that if you don't buy seats on airtran you have to do the same thing if you want to sit together anyway. SW's no fee for baggage policy is good.

AT will assign you a seat no matter what. Just make sure to do your online check in right at 24 hours in advance and you can pick your seat and be together! :thumbsup2

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Nothin like White on rice, unless of course it's WHIT on Rice.

;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter