Buying a multi-day ticket for MIL... F/U QUESTION

kboo

DIS Veteran
So our FP+ window opens tomorrow so I need to get a ticket for MIL and add her to my MDE. Can I get UT or other discount tickets linked quickly enough, or should I just forgo the discount and just go direct through the mouse?

Also since MIL may want to take a day off, can I still get a shorter length ticket and add 1-2 days at the park so long as the original ticket hasn't been used up?

THANKS!

Not sure about the first question. But on the second, you can add days at the park. Depending on how many days you are buying for MIL it may be worth the extra cost just to buy the same number of days as you. I think once you go past 5 days each additional day is about $10. Weight that against spending time in guest services.

I have a follow up question because, of course, this is my MIL...

So now my MIL is thinking she may back out of our trip. If I get her a ticket, add her to MDE and book FP+ (this is Thanksgiving, with 9-10 level crowds), and then she decides not to go, the ticket just stays unused and I could assign it to someone else, or she could use it on a later trip, right?

I have a follow up question because, of course, this is my MIL...

So now my MIL is thinking she may back out of our trip. If I get her a ticket, add her to MDE and book FP+ (this is Thanksgiving, with 9-10 level crowds), and then she decides not to go, the ticket just stays unused and I could assign it to someone else, or she could use it on a later trip, right?
Correct

So our FP+ window opens tomorrow so I need to get a ticket for MIL and add her to my MDE. Can I get UT or other discount tickets linked quickly enough, or should I just forgo the discount and just go direct through the mouse?

I just checked a Park Savers order from Feb and didn't get the MDE number until the next day.

FWIW, You can still save buying Disney tickets directly..if you 1st buy discounted Disney Gift cards.

I think when I got my tickets from UT we had the electronic version within a few hours. But I would call/chat with them to double check how quickly you can receive the code before purchasing.

Thanks, all! I ended up just buying from Disney - UT would have saved about $50, but this was late last night and we needed to be able to make FP+ reservations today!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter