• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Buying Tees for Making Tees....?!?!

potterphreak

Mouseketeer
Hello, I was wondering if when you buy t-shirts from places like cheapestees.com (site I got from this site! WOOHOO and thanks!) are they "t-shirts" or like the Hanes undershirts? Just curious! I bought a bunch of undershirt for tie-dyeing and they came out great, but for shirts that are going to have the iron-on transfers, I would prefer something a little "thicker". Thanks for your help, I don't want order online and then be stuck with them!

CJ

17 days until my first trip this year!!

:banana: :Pinkbounc :banana: :Pinkbounc

There is a specific t-shirt board? Cos if you mean that biiiiiig huge loooooong thread talking about making your own tees, no thanks. LOL That thing was over 590 pages last time I looked! LOL

Last night that thread got moved onto a new sub-board dedicated to T-shirt making. It's under Trip Planning. You could start a new thread asking about where they get shirts instead of reading through the monster thread I'm sure.

I'd give you an answer if I had one. When we made our T-shirts, we just bought some at ACMoore or Michaels.

Ya - sorry my mil walked in while I was typing that other response...

I mave just bought mine at Target...Walmart... whatever...

I don't know why they only had one thread here before - you are right it was long!

That monster thread is over there too. It is where they do most of their chatting.

Thanks guys!! Super major help! I looked under TRIP PLANNING and they had these listed:
Welcome to the DIS
Theme Parks Attractions & Strategies
Disney Resorts
Disney Restaurants
Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Trip Reports Board
Budget Board
Disney for Families
Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
The College Board
Teen Disney
Disney Tips
Transportation
Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
disABILITIES
Camping at Walt Disney World
Disney Wedding and Honeymoons

Where would the shirt board be? Thanks again for all of your help!!

PS-Especially YOU, Julia and Nicks Mom! You STILL have more Pixie Dust!!!!!

potterphreak said:
Thanks guys!! Super major help! I looked under TRIP PLANNING and they had these listed:
Welcome to the DIS
Theme Parks Attractions & Strategies
Disney Resorts
Disney Restaurants
Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Trip Reports Board
Budget Board
Disney for Families
Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
The College Board
Teen Disney
Disney Tips
Transportation
Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
disABILITIES
Camping at Walt Disney World
Disney Wedding and Honeymoons

Where would the shirt board be? Thanks again for all of your help!!

PS-Especially YOU, Julia and Nicks Mom! You STILL have more Pixie Dust!!!!!

Thanks!! :wave2:

here is the link to the board!!

http://disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105

it is a sub-forum of the Theme Park board

I have ordered some shirts online before and they were the thinker style T-shirts, not the thinner undershirts. I hope that helps. If you check your local Walmart/Target you may be able to still purchase similar quality shirts at clearance prices. I have purchased the pocket style before and was able to remove the pockets easily with a seam ripper and they worked great. I agree that undershirts work great for tye dying.

Deb

My daughter went to a tie dye birthday party and I got the t-shirt from Target. They had some that a more feminine sleeve opposed to a regular t-shirt and my daughter loved the shirt she made. I don't know if this is true for transfers but the directions for the tie dye said to wash the shirt first.

From Cheapestees.com you'll want to order Gildan Ultra Heavyweight cotton shirts. They are under 2.00 for most sizes in white, and make great t's for personalization, airbrushing, tie dying and transfers. HTH :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter