Buying tickets last minute

BriarRose924

Mouseketeer
Now that park reservations went away, is there any issue with purchasing park tickets last minute now? My son’s girlfriend may join us for our trip but it depends on her college exams and if she can get off work. She may not know until a week prior. Since tickets are non refundable, can she just wait to purchase tickets until last min? Is there any other hang up with that now in the pre planning? She won’t need a park reservation but maybe I’m missing something else?

Now that park reservations went away, is there any issue with purchasing park tickets last minute now? My son’s girlfriend may join us for our trip but it depends on her college exams and if she can get off work. She may not know until a week prior. Since tickets are non refundable, can she just wait to purchase tickets until last min? Is there any other hang up with that now in the pre planning? She won’t need a park reservation but maybe I’m missing something else?
You’re right. Since park reservations are not needed for regular tickets, your plan to purchase them last minute will work.
Also, even though park tickets are non refundable, they do retain their value if completely unused. (The purchase price can be put towards a future ticket, while only paying any price increase difference.) Also, completely unused tickets can be reassigned to a different person easily in MDE.

You’re right. Since park reservations are not needed for regular tickets, your plan to purchase them last minute will work.
Also, even though park tickets are non refundable, they do retain their value if completely unused. (The purchase price can be put towards a future ticket, while only paying any price increase difference.) Also, completely unused tickets can be reassigned to a different person easily in MDE.
Thank you so much! I guess worst case I could just pay her back for it. I have an AP so could that unused ticket transfer to me and be used towards my renewal?

The only thing I would be concerned about would be a one day one park ticket on a busy weekend, like memorial day weekend or something. But if the plan is for a multi-day date based, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Oh yes, this would be a multi day hopper.

The one caveat is that once you know for sure, if she is going you may wish to purchase her ticket before the actual day as you will need her to have a ticket prior to 7AM if you wish to book a VQ or purchase Genie+. Guessing you're well aware of that but better safe than sorry.
Perfect! I would think it would be like a week or 2 prior that she’d know for sure.

Thank you so much! I guess worst case I could just pay her back for it. I have an AP so could that unused ticket transfer to me and be used towards my renewal?
I don’t know the answer to this question for sure. I know it could be used towards a new AP, and I don’t see why not for a renewal, but I can’t say for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter