BW making me move my reservation to another Resort for 12/1 due to construction delays???

No, not BCV, the Yacht Club Hotel. They said the Yacht Club had rooms set aside just in case the BW renovations were not done in time. Who made the renovation schedule? Shocked they would have reserved rooms so close to when the work could have been done. This is a major disappointment and I still think I'm getting screwed with my points.
I would be livid, and that's before even thinking about the loss of points. We've got a BW G/P reservation for 11/22 - 11/25. This is a studio so maybe those aren't affected and it wouldn't be as bad because I wouldn't be giving up points or a kitchen/laundry. It would be more of an inconvenience than anything else.

So sorry this happened. I can't believe they won't refund the points .That's not acceptable. to be moved from a 1 bedroom, to something completely not equal in room amenities. we book 1 bedrooms and pay all the extra, almost double points, for a kitchen, laundry, and closed off bedroom. Not returning points when the room is not equivalent should not be allowed.
We also book BWV for convenience, so SSR would suck as an alternative, even in a larger accommodation. At least Yacht is convenient, but not at all equal to a 1 bedroom. I hope you can get those points back.
There are several accounts on FB groups and in another thread here, about being moved from BW views, but so far, they've just been given different views at BWV. So, so sorry this happened.

So sorry this happened. I can't believe they won't refund the points .That's not acceptable. to be moved from a 1 bedroom, to something completely not equal in room amenities. we book 1 bedrooms and pay all the extra, almost double points, for a kitchen, laundry, and closed off bedroom. Not returning points when the room is not equivalent should not be allowed.
We also book BWV for convenience, so SSR would suck as an alternative, even in a larger accommodation. At least Yacht is convenient, but not at all equal to a 1 bedroom. I hope you can get those points back.
There are several accounts on FB groups and in another thread here, about being moved from BW views, but so far, they've just been given different views at BWV. So, so sorry this happened.
Thanks. It's very disappointing.

I am arriving in a couple days at BW. I am super nervous now.
The manager that called me told me she had to make several calls to members with this issue. I would hope if you did not get called, you are all set. Good luck

Perhaps they will upgrade you to Regatta Club upon check-in. I mean, that's the least they should do. I've been upgraded to CL for no reason at all so I don't see why they shouldn't under the circumstances.

I plan to do just that
Honestly, I really do think that they will refund you the points difference for going from the 1 bedroom to the hotel room, unless it was club level, and then I might be okay given it covers the food.

I would get on the website and send an email to DVC telling them that you are expecting the refund of points since you are being given a downgraded room. I have never read that someone in this situation didn't have points returned like this.

Neither alternative is comparable. Treehouse is nice, location is rough. 1BR to studio needs to return half the points.

I’d offer a list of alternatives that would work for us: 1BR at RIV, BLT, VGF, CCV,…
Except they cant give you something that is booked in full...and all of those 1 bedrooms have been booked up for a long time.

No excuse not to refund the points, but unfortunately, if a room is not available due to maintenance/construction, then all we can do is accept the options that they do have for us.

Except they cant give you something that is booked in full...and all of those 1 bedrooms have been booked up for a long time.
Could they, would they give undeclared cash RIV 1BR that is not already reserved? Or does it have to be something within the DVC member system points? Don’t they have the power to exchange?

eta - they are offering YC

Just looked at the WDW site, there is not much available that is comparable on the cash side. There was a Garden Room with Club access at BWV, and if you are staying 3 nights (you said 4 days, so not sure if that is 3N and 4 days or 4N and 5 days) Riviera had a 2BR. Plus the Treehouses. I would go look at the site to see what was available for cash then call, so you maybe you have some leverage when it comes to room types. There was not a lot of availability overall!

Just looked at the WDW site, there is not much available that is comparable on the cash side. There was a Garden Room with Club access at BWV, and if you are staying 3 nights (you said 4 days, so not sure if that is 3N and 4 days or 4N and 5 days) Riviera had a 2BR. Plus the Treehouses. I would go look at the site to see what was available for cash then call, so you maybe you have some leverage when it comes to room types. There was not a lot of availability overall!
They offered me the 2 bedroom at Riviera, if I paid an additional 80 points. No way was I paying more points for a room I did not need. and technically not in BW area. I'm staying 3 nights. I'm not happy about going to a studio but it's ok since we are staying in the BW area, but to not refund the points from a 1 bedroom to a studio is not right.

They offered me the 2 bedroom at Riviera, if I paid an additional 80 points. No way was I paying more points for a room I did not need. and technically not in BW area. I'm staying 3 nights. I'm not happy about going to a studio but it's ok since we are staying in the BW area, but to not refund the points from a 1 bedroom to a studio is not right.
I agree 100%! The point difference should absolutely be credited back. What about the Garden Cottage at BW? They are really cute, they did need a refresh, not sure if they have been refurbished yet. It's the Inn side, but they should offer it if that is an option for you. It is kind of a 1BR, the bed is upstairs overlooking the living room, it will accommodate 2 people. At least it's still at BW! And has Club access.

I received a call from member services last night that my 1 bedroom reservation at BW arriving 12/1 (4 days) was not finished due to the construction. They said the room I had is not going to be finished with the rehab by Friday. I had a choice to move to the Tree House (SSR) or to a studio at Yacht Club. I have never had this happen to me in 27 years as a DVC member. BW is my home resort and probably stayed there over 100 times. What's worse is member services will not reimburse me for the difference from the 1 bedroom points (106) to the studio (50). I understand that the rooms are not done, I'm not happy about it but I get it. But to make me move to Yacht club to a studio when I had a reservation for a 1 bedroom with being reimbursed for the difference in points does not seem right. I requested to speak to a sr. manager and today they called and told me the same thing. Either take one of the other resorts with no refund for the point differential or cancel my reservation. Is this allowed in the by-laws? Has any other members ever had this happen to them???

Yikes, so sorry that you are dealing with this and on such short notice. I understand (but don't necessarily like) when things change, but offering a downgrade AND not refunding the points is not acceptable. I hope that you get this resolved to your satisfaction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter