BWV map of room types / buses

msd1776

Mouseketeer
Hello....we will soon (March) arrive home at BWV for the first time at this property. I have heard about the long hallways and crowded buses. Does anyone have room map of the resort they could share? I have see them for other properties and having one will help me better understand the resort layout and room requests.

regarding buses, March will be a short pre cruise stay so the plan is to hit HS at RD, got to EPCOT for our ADR at 1:30 and then if we feel like it hit MK that night. anyhow if we wanted to take the bus to MK from the resort, does it make more sense at peak times to pick up the bus at swan/:dolphin so you have a better chance of sitting vs standing?

Here is one type of map:

Regarding the bus to MK: the bus stops at BWV and then goes to Swan and Dolphin. I have never had to stand on the way to MK from BWV. Maybe during very crowded times it could happen but your March trip shouldn't be especially busy.

Don't forget that the "long hallway" can often be shortened significantly (after your first trip down it to find the room of course!) by using the stairs. Depending on where your room is, you may find that it's far easier to take the stairs to the outside and cut through the parking lot or pool area to get to the pathway to HS. I'd probably then take the boat to EPCOT. If you're still at EPCOT when you want to go to MK, take the monorail to the TTC instead of going back to the resort for the bus. Then you'd just need the bus back to the resort -- and, if by chance it's crowded, get off at whichever resort it stops at first and walk back to the Boardwalk.

But, like jekjones, I've rarely been on a bus that had anybody needing to stand. So I wouldn't worry overly much about a crowded bus -- besides, it'd just be for one trip, right? Enjoy! :goodvibes

Thx, for info both of you, it is helpful.

I should have been clearer though on the map, I was hoping to see where studios are, etc. I have learned to ask about room locations after being in the next to the last room at VWL

Boardwalk has a *lot* of 2 bedroom lockoffs, which are 1 bedrooms with a connecting door to a studio. I believe there are *some* standalone studios, but you're just as likely to get a studio that connects to a 1 bedroom. In other words, I don't know that there's a simple list of studios so you could request any specific one (or location.) I think they're all over the resort. Say, for example, there's 100 rooms on each floor -- I imagine that two or three might be standalone studios, and one or two might be Grand Villas, but the remaining 94 or so are going to be evenly split between 1 bedrooms and connecting studios.

I still am not clear exactly what you want to know. Here is a link to a list of all BWV rooms broken down by view. As you can see there are all size rooms in all views except GVs, which are only available in BW view.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=43306344&postcount=7

Perhaps you would be better off telling us the room size and view category you have booked so we could be more specific about recommendations.

I still am not clear exactly what you want to know. Here is a link to a list of all BWV rooms broken down by view. As you can see there are all size rooms in all views except GVs, which are only available in BW view. http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=43306344&postcount=7 Perhaps you would be better off telling us the room size and view category you have booked so we could be more specific about recommendations.

This was great! ^^ thanks for posting! it kind of put some things in perspective!

And as to the long hallways - rooms close to the elevators and on lower floors are the most convenient - you can get to the elevators easily and its only a flight or two of stairs if you take them (the elevators are about where you have green red and blue all together in the picture). But many people prefer high floors and far from the elevators. Better views in general (not so much with preferred view) and if you don't mind taking stairs and finding the back doors, not nearly as inconvenient as you'd think

Sorry for the blank message. I had posted a link to what I was looking for from another site and the link was masked.

Anyhow, what I was hoping to find, and cannot find, is a hotel map with room numbers on it that says the room type room. I saw one like this for AKL Jambo. maybe it doesn't exist for BWV.

We are booked in a studio with pool / garden view if that helps.

Thanks in advance if you can help.

Sorry for the blank message. I had posted a link to what I was looking for from another site and the link was masked.

Anyhow, what I was hoping to find, and cannot find, is a hotel map with room numbers on it that says the room type room. I saw one like this for AKL Jambo. maybe it doesn't exist for BWV.

We are booked in a studio with pool / garden view if that helps.

Thanks in advance if you can help.

As far as I know, it doesn't exist for BWV.

The other thing you should know is that BWV is not great generally with room requests. Maybe you will have better luck than we do, but if we ask for high floor, we are very conveniently located to walk to the pool. If we want to be near the elevator, we find that the door at the end of the building gets us to the Boardwalk very quickly. For us, we don't even bother making requests any longer. We've never had a BAD room, just never anything close to what we've requested. It doesn't hurt to make a request, but I'd adjust your expectations for having it met.

Most people think the most desirable rooms in your category (Preferred View studios) are the ones overlooking the Village Green - you get ALMOST a BW View room, they are close to the lobby and the elevators)

I totally understand that I'm probably an exception to the rule, but I've been incredibly lucky with all my room requests, including BWV. The last two requests were for a village green view studio and a higher floor 2 bedroom boardwalk view. Not only did I get both requests, but we just came back from a long weekend on the 5th floor in a 2 bedroom above Big River. The view was breathtaking!

I can tell you with some degree of certainty that the link posted, above, by jekjones is what you're looking for. I'm currently (Yay!) in room 5085, which has a view of the driveway. If you look at the 'map' that Shamus provided, you can see that room listed as SD. I assume that means studio something, as I can tell that the other rooms here on the 5th floor are lockoffs, which Shamus has indicated by 1L and SL - 1 bedroom lockoff and studio lockoff. (The reason I can tell is, as you walk down the hallway, you occasionally come to a 'landing' with 4 doors, two on each side. These would correlate to the one-bedroom and studio lockoffs. My room, which is not connected to any other room, is just before a bend in the hallway and does not have its own little larger landing area in the hallway.)

Also, in regards to some of the previous posts, I requested a higher level floor by a stairwell. My brain obviously was already on vacation as I got both requests filled -- and now don't want to go down 5 flights of stairs (or, worse, come back up!) Fortunately, I'm relatively close to the elevators. :thumbsup2

I totally understand that I'm probably an exception to the rule, but I've been incredibly lucky with all my room requests, including BWV. The last two requests were for a village green view studio and a higher floor 2 bedroom boardwalk view. Not only did I get both requests, but we just came back from a long weekend on the 5th floor in a 2 bedroom above Big River. The view was breathtaking!

I also have had my requests fulfilled almost every time. We always book BW view and I request a higher floor. We get 4th or 5th floor. The exception is when we book HA BW view. I don't make a request then because there is only 1 room in that category and it is on 2nd floor. The one time I was disappointed was a couple of years ago for a big family trip. We had 4 BW view rooms: a GV, a 2 bedroom, and 2-1 bedrooms. We had a "travel with" designation and I requested high floor. I also requested a 1 floor GV. We ended up with all of our rooms close together on 5th floor but the GV was 2 story. Obviously they did pretty well getting all those BW view room close together on 5th floor so I can hardly complain about the 2 story GV. I don't expect to be lucky every time but it is clear to me that the a BWV room assigners are trying hard.

I can tell you with some degree of certainty that the link posted, above, by jekjones is what you're looking for. I'm currently (Yay!) in room 5085, which has a view of the driveway. If you look at the 'map' that Shamus provided, you can see that room listed as SD. I assume that means studio something, as I can tell that the other rooms here on the 5th floor are lockoffs, which Shamus has indicated by 1L and SL - 1 bedroom lockoff and studio lockoff. (The reason I can tell is, as you walk down the hallway, you occasionally come to a 'landing' with 4 doors, two on each side. These would correlate to the one-bedroom and studio lockoffs. My room, which is not connected to any other room, is just before a bend in the hallway and does not have its own little larger landing area in the hallway.)

Also, in regards to some of the previous posts, I requested a higher level floor by a stairwell. My brain obviously was already on vacation as I got both requests filled -- and now don't want to go down 5 flights of stairs (or, worse, come back up!) Fortunately, I'm relatively close to the elevators. :thumbsup2

SD = studio dedicated, meaning the studio does not have a door connecting it to a 1 bedroom.

When I did request, I went one for eight. That one time was the one time we really needed it though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter