BWV Pref View vs Standard

DutchsMommy

DIS Veteran
We just booked a pref view 1 bdrm at BWV for November. I am having second thoughts about the price point for our week stay. Does anyone have experience with the pref view at BWV and either really enjoyed it or found not much difference to a standard view? We are not choosy where we stay and only have 150 pts per year but banked some from 2007 so this is using virtually all of our 2008 points. I am wondering whether I just cancel this ressie or go for it. I know that is a personal choice but was hoping for feedback on the ressie we have.

Thanks!

if you can't get the BW preferred view - then preferred view to me isn't worth the extra points.

it will be of the lagoon going toward studio, one of the pools, or the little garden (I think this is still preferred?) close to the lobby.

the little garden is the only one I would want.

I learned the hate that silly clown.

the BW preferred view is only along the BW.

IMO, the standard villas are fine; they're just more difficult to reserve unless you have the longer booking window, since they're limited in number. Also, if your Nov. trip is during F & W, there may not be any available ones (all the Epcot DVCs get booked quickly for that time).
You lose nothing by putting yourself on a waitlist; another alternative is, if it's feasible, see if you can switch to a lower point-cost resort for the weekend. (I know, some people may not be okay with split-stays; we are, which is why I'm offering it as a choice. :goodvibes .)

You probably won't get a standard view BWV unless your points are BWV points.

This November? You were lucky to get the preferred view room. Standard view is only 20% of the resort. Those rooms book very quickly because they are very popular. A lot of people see the value of the lower point cost.

The view isn't bad, we often stay standard view - and we book day by day eleven months out to do so. Almost all the standard view rooms face the drive into the BW. Boardwalk View rooms (another 20% of the resort) face the Boardwalk and also book very quickly. The remaining 60% of the resort is preferred view - usually overlooking one of the two pools, but sometimes overlooking gardens or the canal.

Boardwalk views get my vote, heck with saving points.

We just booked a pref view 1 bdrm at BWV for November. I am having second thoughts about the price point for our week stay. Does anyone have experience with the pref view at BWV and either really enjoyed it or found not much difference to a standard view? We are not choosy where we stay and only have 150 pts per year but banked some from 2007 so this is using virtually all of our 2008 points. I am wondering whether I just cancel this ressie or go for it. I know that is a personal choice but was hoping for feedback on the ressie we have.

Thanks!

I am just getting ready to post my pics of my preferred view from last month. The views at BWV seem to be one of the most-talked about topics here, so I thought I would take several pics just for the boards.

Hope to have them up by tonight.

I have really enjoyed the preferred views at BWV (I am assuming you are talking about preferred pool view and not boardwalk view). I have had a couple different views of the Luna Park pool. I really love that view. There is always so much going on to look at.

But if I am given the option of standard or preferred pool, I would take standard to save the points. The standard views are very nice too, alot of times you can see some of the fireworks.

Have a great trip!

Thanks!

I just started a thread here on the DVC-Mousecellaneous board called "BWV PV Pics." I posted 5 or 6 pictures of our view from our 1-BR PV villa.

For those still learning the ropes...

There are two different point categories for BWV, but three different views.

Standard View is the lower point value. There are not many of these (20% of the resort), the points are outrageously low (same as OKW!) and have parking lots views, among others.

Preferred View and Boardwalk View cost the same amount of points, but the views are very different. PV could mean quiet pool, main pool, gardens, or canal. Boardwalk View means....well.....the Boardwalk! :goodvibes

Go ahead over and take a look! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter