BWV refurb is in full swing.

Does anyone know when the standard view studios are expected to be done? Are they going first and then BWV and then P/G? Just out of curiosity cuz I'll be there next month during marathon weekend so that'll be interesting :X

Edit: woops nevermind, just saw they're closing standard view from Jan to March

any updates on what construction looks like right now? We will be there Nov 2-4 and worried we will be stuck in scaffolding and construction noises...

any updates on what construction looks like right now? We will be there Nov 2-4 and worried we will be stuck in scaffolding and construction noises...
They’ve completely blocked off the BW view wing they’re working on now. So you shouldn’t have any issues inside the building. And it seems they’re moving along one section at a time on the outside, not encasing the building in scaffolding as they did GF.

They’ve completely blocked off the BW view wing they’re working on now. So you shouldn’t have any issues inside the building. And it seems they’re moving along one section at a time on the outside, not encasing the building in scaffolding as they did GF.
Thanks- that’s reassuring!
Do you know by any chance if the garden green view rooms (pool/garden views that have a partial view of the Boardwalk ) are also blocked? Wondering if I should consider another room request…

Thanks for the update! I was getting anxious about delays as I have boardwalk views booked for Jan. But now I’m wondering how much it’ll affect the environment with the refurb of the standard view side. 🤔 But I think I still rather them finishing up the refurb sooner than later since the rooms were getting too rundown. Super excited!!

Thanks- that’s reassuring!
Do you know by any chance if the garden green view rooms (pool/garden views that have a partial view of the Boardwalk ) are also blocked? Wondering if I should consider another room request…
Yes, the P/G villas with Village Green view are in the wing that’s being refurbished now. It’s expected to be finished in November, but whether in time for your trip I don’t think we know.

Thanks for the update! I was getting anxious about delays as I have boardwalk views booked for Jan. But now I’m wondering how much it’ll affect the environment with the refurb of the standard view side. 🤔 But I think I still rather them finishing up the refurb sooner than later since the rooms were getting too rundown. Super excited!!
With a BW view villa booked, you’re basically guaranteed a refurbished villa! Enjoy!

Back home from our week at BWV 1 bedroom standard view. We had room 2127. besides the large tree, we had a fairly good view of some of the construction activity in the parking lot. Didn't spend as much time on the balcony, but did see the workers often coming and going up and down that service road. That's usually the way we take to the parking lot, but this time, it was extra busy w workers, and vechicles. Finally started using another path.
Also watched loads of assorted furniture going by. Have a few good pictures of a large pile of chairs,maybe kitchenette chairs, being hauled off. Saw other things like looked like empty shelves, and mattresses. Not sure if they were being loaded into other vehicles or stored, or what.
The noise didn't bother us, but we also didn't try to nap. There was a lot of beeping throughout the day, when the vehicles were backing up.
Boardwalk hallways all still blocked off. Lots of scaffolding all around pool area, and boardwalk.
I'm really excited to see the results!!!!

Yes, the P/G villas with Village Green view are in the wing that’s being refurbished now. It’s expected to be finished in November, but whether in time for your trip I don’t think we know.

So the studio garden and pool view rooms are being done now also? So they should all be finished by early next year?

So the studio garden and pool view rooms are being done now also? So they should all be finished by early next year?
Presumably, the P/G view villas that are in the Boardwalk view wing (so across the hall from BW view villas) are being refurbished now and should be finished by December. There are many other P/G view villas, and I don’t think we have a good idea of the refurbishment schedule for them. Standard view villas are expected to be finished by sometime in March, so hopefully all P/G villas will be finished by then, too.

Hopefully we’ll soon see reports (and maybe photos) of wrapped up furniture being carted IN….
Anxiously waiting to see pictures. I have a BW view booked for next year but going back and forth about switching at the 7mo window. Would love to make an informed decision after seeing the renovated villas.

I’m not sure if this was already posted somewhere else but I have copied a link from the Restaurant board that shows what the BWInn rooms look like. I'm not really impressed but seeing the actual product in person may be better than in the pictures. Also I’m not sure if this is indicative of what we will see on the BWV side of the resort.

https://wdwnt.com/2023/10/photos-wi...deli-sign-framing-adjusted-disneys-boardwalk/

Planning a May trip with P/G view. Should I be confident that the room will be updated. I am wanting to get into a resort with a pull down bed

I’m not sure if this was already posted somewhere else but I have copied a link from the Restaurant board that shows what the BWInn rooms look like. I'm not really impressed but seeing the actual product in person may be better than in the pictures. Also I’m not sure if this is indicative of what we will see on the BWV side of the resort.

https://wdwnt.com/2023/10/photos-wi...deli-sign-framing-adjusted-disneys-boardwalk/

Basically reminds me of the grand Floridian new rooms with different colors.

I’d like just a little more things to set each resort apart. Not same exact layout

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter