BWV refurb is in full swing.

We were there last weekend in a pool/garden view room
I have to say we had an issue with the mold smell (was pretty bad when you walked into the room but it didn’t bother us once we were in for a few minutes - it didn’t prevent us from sleeping or anything) so it made me super happy to know the rooms are getting a full refurb!
I was able to take a peek at night when they were all lit up and I think they will be amazing 🤩
I also was there last week with a pool/garden view room.

The hallway had a musty smell. (Third floor)

The room had a musty smell unless I kept the air conditioning much colder than I would have liked.

I hope they are going to replace the AC filters while they are doing the refurb work.

I also was there last week with a pool/garden view room.

The hallway had a musty smell. (Third floor)

The room had a musty smell unless I kept the air conditioning much colder than I would have liked.

I hope they are going to replace the AC filters while they are doing the refurb work.
You guys are giving me a warm fuzzy feeling about potentially being moved from my 11 month BW view reservation to the dank, musty, cold, inferior pool/garden view side for the same points ….. I know … I know ..first world problem 😊

Starting to get a little nervous, we’ve got a 1 BR BW view starting next Tuesday. Really hoping it’ll be open but I have a bad feeling. Would we get a call confirming a room change or is it possible we’l just get moved without notice?

Starting to get a little nervous, we’ve got a 1 BR BW view starting next Tuesday. Really hoping it’ll be open but I have a bad feeling. Would we get a call confirming a room change or is it possible we’l just get moved without notice?
Based on what people have reported at other resorts, they have gotten a call. Personally, I had Garden/Pool view booked, but I checked frequently in My Disney Experience to make sure they hadn't moved me due to maintenance + overbooking issues.

I just received a call from member services. My boardwalk view room has to be changed to a pool/garden, because the boardwalk view renovations will not be ready for another couple of months. We are checking in Dec. 2.
I check in Dec 2nd also and have BW view booked. Haven't had a call and hopefully if they do call they will leave a message as I don't answer my phone unless I'm watching for a call.

Looking at incoming calls I have no Florida calls.

Might be the same point value but views are not even comparable … if I want to look at a pool I’d reserve the pool view at the 11 month mark instead of BWV Not really upset at all but there will be negotiation especially since IF I get notified of a change it is inside of the 31 day mark which gives me no legit chance to cancel.
I imagine they should let you cancel if they tell you they have to change you. If I get that call I'm debating on a cancelation. All this posting now has me glued to my phone watching for 'Florida' to pop up.
I agree. We had to be on top of it to get BW view at 11 months out for a December trip. I prefer standard view over P/G because of the point difference. I understand things happen, but there should be some kind of compensation to go from BW to P/G view.
I would want standard view also as that is my preferred room. BW view was my 2nd choice as I couldn't get standard view.
Interesting that you check in just 2 days before us and haven't received a call.

I'm wondering what the deal is also. My room is a studio. My thought is that maybe some floors will be open, plus length of stay may have come into play, as I've only got 3 nights booked due to changing resorts.

Now that they’re taking curtains down and cleaning the refurbed rooms, has anyone gotten to see them or have any updated photos?

Just got the call. Being moved to a Garden/Pool view room. 5 days out seems close doesn’t it?
Sorry. That does sound disappointing. Being that you had BW view booked, could try requesting your best picks of G/P view. Maybe you’ll get some priority since you were bumped. Is it a studio?

I imagine they should let you cancel if they tell you they have to change you. If I get that call I'm debating on a cancelation. All this posting now has me glued to my phone watching for 'Florida' to pop up.
Goodluck for your Dec 2nd check-in. Quite possible it won’t be an issue by that point. Hopefully we start seeing guests put into the newly refurbed rooms soon and before Nov is over.

I figured their ultimate goal was to be finished before the Thanksgiving crowds arrive.

I want to see a 1BR, especially the kitchen and living room. Hopefully they expanded the seating for dining and made the kitchen counter flat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter