• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BWV Trip Report

littlestar

DIS Veteran
Just got back today from a 1-week trip to Disney. We had reserved a one bedroom and two studios at BWV (standard view). Tried for a 2 bedroom and couldn't get it. But, we ended up with the studio and one bedroom being side by side so in essence, we did get a 2 bedroom after all - it was located on the 2nd floor looking at the duck pond. Our other studio was a dedicated studio facing the entry way.

Boy, they sure were doing a lot of work in the halls while we were there. We were constantly stepping around men standing on ladders working on what I guess were pipes. Lots of patched holes in the ceilings. I heard one worker grumbling and saying "everything is hard to work on at this place." We also heard a Disney employee saying on a radio "whatever you do, don't put them in a room where all that work is going on" and grumbling about a bad first impression. We wondered who was checking in that they were worried about impressing. Kind of funny. ;) They were also replacing mattresses this week. We saw that going on quite a bit. Lot of painting touchups also in the halls. The carpets really need a good cleaning in the hallways. They are looking pretty dirty.

We had a good time, but gosh, September didn't seem like low season to us. We were amazed by the amount of people with it being "low" season. I'm starting to wonder if there is a low season at Disney anymore.

We ended up visiting the VWL quite a bit this week. We really missed our beloved VWL. Most of our points are there. I guess our hearts are there or the BCV. I was kind of dissappointed with BWV this time (and we do own points there). It just seemed like it needed a good cleaning in some of the common areas. BCV, VWL, and SSR seemed more well kept this visit. SSR looked good when I went over there. Of course, it's new and that helps. SSR is big and apartment feeling, but it is nicely done and the signage is better than the last time we were there so I could find my way around better. Their employees are VERY nice at SSR. They seemed eager to please.

I had my sister and some of the teenagers go check the days left on some hopper passes in the lobby at the BWV and as usual, every time I brag on Disney service, something STUPID happens. The guy at the BWV concierge desk was short with her on telling her he couldn't check more than six passes a day for any one individual. Well, we had about four family members standing around behind her and my sister couldn't believe his attitude. She said he could have been nicer and said, hey, have some of the rest of family step up to check the remaining passes. We had a bunch of teenagers going to the parks the following morning and needed to know how many days were left on their passes. Needless to say, my sister was not impressed and said she didn't care if she ever bought another pass from Disney if they wanted to be snotty about the passes SHE bought from them. BWV had a concierge person with a speech problem and he was the nicest gentleman ever, though. So he kind of made up for the rude one.

All in all, it was a good trip. But going with a large family group is a little nerve racking at times.

Thanks for your report. Hopefully, they will begin renovating the BCV. Sounds as if they need it!

katallo,

The BWV had a lot of work going on when we were there. The carpets looked pretty dirty in the hallways. BCV actually looked great.

littlestar said:
katallo,

The BWV had a lot of work going on when we were there. The carpets looked pretty dirty in the hallways. BCV actually looked great.

Thanks, littlestar...misread!

You must have been in the same hallway as us! I only remember them working on the pipes (or whatever) for a couple days. We were in room 2123 this past week and in 3121 the week before. We also saw the mattresses going into the room next to us.

I'm not sure where you went, but we had the lowest crowds we can remember (except for the evening extra hours and Epcot on the first evening of the F&W festival).

Lora,

The only time we walked right on anything in the parks was two mornings when we got to the parks very early. We did Cinderella's Royal table on Thursday and we were able to walk right on rides after the breakfast, but the park was just opening. And then one morning we got into Epcot right at opening and walked on Soarin. But the rest of the time we had at least 15 minute waits, which I thought was busy for September. For the first couple of years after 9-11 we had the parks to ourselves pretty much in September. We were just surprised by the amount of people for a supposedly off month to go.

Our daughter's studio was on the 1st floor and they heard workers/employees all week.

I think the free dining may have something to do with how busy this September has been. If you read the restaurant board, there are many, many people who either took an extra trip they were not planning or changed the dates of their trip because of the free MYW dining. If Disney was trying to get people in during hurricane season, it seems like it worked. :) Did you have ADR's for your large group? I've read that people could not just walk into any restaurants this past month. I guess that has to do with the free dining or the MYW dining in general (it seems very popular).

Sorry about the rude CM. Just how long is this pipe renovation supposed to go on?? It seems like I read about this last year on allearsnet. Maybe they are waiting to clean or replace the carpet until they are done the renovations? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter