Cabana on the Wish

anneeb

Mouseketeer
We are booking concierge for Spring Break 4 night Bahamas. We can cruise on the Wish out of Port Canaveral or the Dream out of Ft. Lauderdale. Same standard itinerary, a day at Nassau, Castaway Cay, and at sea. The drive is not a big deal as we will have a rental car, cruising after 4 days in the parks. Our main priority is the Castaway Cay day and we have always had a cabana in the past on CC so it is a high priority. With the increased number of concierge staterooms on the Wish, do people not get cabanas even when sending emails at midnight 130 days in advance? TIA

Simple math : twice as many staterooms, same number of cabanas. It’s been reported here in a couple of posts that concierge guests on Wish were not able to get one even if they sent their email precisely at midnight. My guess is that the extra capacity at Lighthouse point was supposed to compensate but that they couldn’t get it up and running at the same time as the ship.

. With the increased number of concierge staterooms on the Wish, do people not get cabanas even when sending emails at midnight 130 days in advance? TIA
I don't know from experience, so I can't say if it happens when sent at midnight. However, I'll be able to give you that answer on the 10th in just a few days when I find out if I had success or not from my requests sent into concierge last week at midnight.

We are booking concierge for Spring Break 4 night Bahamas. We can cruise on the Wish out of Port Canaveral or the Dream out of Ft. Lauderdale. Same standard itinerary, a day at Nassau, Castaway Cay, and at sea. The drive is not a big deal as we will have a rental car, cruising after 4 days in the parks. Our main priority is the Castaway Cay day and we have always had a cabana in the past on CC so it is a high priority. With the increased number of concierge staterooms on the Wish, do people not get cabanas even when sending emails at midnight 130 days in advance? TIA
We did not. And did not come off waitliat either. But we had fun today, and I think considering where the kids wanted to play( slides, rope course, snorkle) and the other activities we did ( banana boat) we probably wouldn't have taken full advantage. We got shaded chairs, no problem.

Concierge is never a guarantee for getting a cabana on any ship. Simple math will show you that if every concierge stateroom requested one, not every one would get them. As PP noted, with twice the number of concierge staterooms on the Wish as compared to other ships, your chances are cut in half. And no, it's likely that not every concierge stateroom requests a cabana, but theoretically they could.

If getting a cabana on Castaway Cay is your #1 priority, then the Dream gives you a better chance (mathmatically).

If a cabana is super important and you don’t care about the other aspects of concierge, go with the dream. We had 2 concierge rooms on the Wish and did not get a cabana for either one despite our emails being sent at exactly midnight. Our waitlist for both rooms did end up coming through about 30 days before sailing. We cancelled one cabana since we only needed one so someone else’s waitlist came through as well. But your chances of getting a cabana are significantly higher on every other ship. In fact, we’ve never not gotten one when sailing in concierge prior to the Wish.

How do they determine this on the Wish now? Who gets the cabana game?

We are about to hit a booking window for our first (potential) concierge sailing (currently deciding whether to pay 2x to upgrade and would be doing it mostly for the cabana). Is emailing the concierge the only way? You can’t log on to the site and do it yourself?

We are about to hit a booking window for our first (potential) concierge sailing (currently deciding whether to pay 2x to upgrade and would be doing it mostly for the cabana). Is emailing the concierge the only way? You can’t log on to the site and do it yourself?
Your booking window officially opens at the same time as Platinum guests. Therefore, if you simply log in and do it yourself, you are competing with a good number of non-concierge guests.

DCL’s way of giving an advantage to Concierge guests is to allow to send their requests by email to the onshore team 5 days in advance. That team then program the requests in the system based on the order in which they were received, so when the booking window opens, they are handled automatically by the computer and therefore faster than platinum guests.

I’ve logged in at midnight when my window opened for all of my non-Concierge Platinum cruises and never saw a cabana available to book.

Your booking window officially opens at the same time as Platinum guests. Therefore, if you simply log in and do it yourself, you are competing with a good number of non-concierge guests.

DCL’s way of giving an advantage to Concierge guests is to allow to send their requests by email to the onshore team 5 days in advance. That team then program the requests in the system based on the order in which they were received, so when the booking window opens, they are handled automatically by the computer and therefore faster than platinum guests.

I’ve logged in at midnight when my window opened for all of my non-Concierge Platinum cruises and never saw a cabana available to book.
Thank you, that is super helpful. Presumably now the booking window would officially open at the same time as Pearl, or do Pearl have priority over concierge?

Thank you, that is super helpful. Presumably now the booking window would officially open at the same time as Pearl, or do Pearl have priority over concierge?
I may be wrong on this, but I do believe with being able to send in your requests to concierge several days before the booking window opens and then concierge submits them at midnight of the opening you would have the advantage over pearl.

I am on the Wish Dec 11-15 and my window opened today at midnight and I was able to get everything I requested including a cabana. Very happy with cabana #5.

Yes, concierge shoreside books for the concierge guests who send emails at midnight, and this is before the Pearl window opens. Concierge and Pearl can both log in and self-book activities at the same time, but concierge has the option of sending their requests to shoreside in advance of this date and shoreside will secure the requests for the concierge guests (when possible) so that they are already booked before the window opens for Pearl.

So CL is priority over Pearl?
Yes.

My window opened on 8/10 and was able to send my requests into concierge services a week earlier on 8/3. When midnight rolled around on the 10th everything I requested from tastings, spa, Palo brunch & dinner, Enchante', and a cabana (#5) were all showing in my activities and booked. I didn't have to do a thing other than sending in my requests at midnight of when concierge received requests.

Having said that though, I noticed in an earlier post you mentioned about a cabana. Someone in concierge can still be shut out. It's so important to get your request in at midnight of the night concierge can submit. Even then, I'm sure someone is going to be disappointed. I feel very lucky.

Does anyone else have major anxiety about the midnight email like I do? I don't want to send it too soon and end up at the end of the line. Am I safe if I hit send right at midnight based on the atomic clock website? Last time I waited maybe 10 seconds after and then my email wasn't recieved until 12:01. I forgot about the random transit time. Thankfully I did still get a cabana. Has anyone used the email timed send or is that not exact in sending?

Does anyone else have major anxiety about the midnight email like I do? I don't want to send it too soon and end up at the end of the line. Am I safe if I hit send right at midnight based on the atomic clock website? Last time I waited maybe 10 seconds after and then my email wasn't recieved until 12:01. I forgot about the random transit time. Thankfully I did still get a cabana. Has anyone used the email timed send or is that not exact in sending?
I watched the atomic clock through my phone. As soon as it hit 12:00:00 I then went to the email draft I had ready to go, and hit ’send.' I figure the few seconds it took me to click over to my Gmail app ensured I wasn't too early. That seemed to work as we got everything we asked for. (But yes, it was stressful, both in submitting and then waiting to see, mostly for the cabana request).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter