Cabins at Fort Wilderness Points Charts Posted! For Sale and Booking Dates too!

I didn't get an email, but that's not unusual for me.

Looking at the map, it looks like the cabins are pretty far away from the boat dock. How do you get there? Bus? Golf cart?

Also in looking at the map, they need a Skyliner from the cabins to Epcot main gate!
Getting around can be a bit tricky. There are internal buses. There is a bus stop near the enterance which is where you catch a bus to HS, Epcot and AK. The internal bus will also take you up to the boat launch for MK. You can also use a golf cart, walk or ride bikes, although E-bikes are banned at the Fort.

Interesting that DVD is officially referring to the cabins as a deluxe resort and not as a moderate any longer so that would eliminate the possibility of the trust being used to bring in more moderates under a different price point. Even less tempted to add on here now but maybe a 50 point add on some day but more than likely I’ll be passing on this resort. unfortunate too because I love that it’s pet friendly and maybe I can still decorate here for the holidays. Time to wait and see what this resort availability looks like at 7 months.

Was curious about the promo photo that shows the cabins right on top of each other, not a good look. I was under the impression that there were landscape buffers between units. For those that have been there, is this photo representative?

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/dvc-cabins-at-fort-wilderness?CMP=EMC-1930227151|385937793&cid=PDM839624&bid=1380230686
I found this image from a quick google search. I think this is the type of spacing we should expect

1705427629438.jpeg

So nothing announced about how it’s a trust?
In one or more of the multiple threads discussing the possible trust, it’s been pointed out that buyers could indeed receive a deed representing their ownership in the trust - Marriott apparently does it this way, and the trustee for CFW is the same as for Marriott. So nothing announced today, and we’ll have to wait for more legal documents to appear.

In one or more of the multiple threads discussing the possible trust, it’s been pointed out that buyers could indeed receive a deed representing their ownership in the trust - Marriott apparently does it this way, and the trustee for CFW is the same as for Marriott. So nothing announced today, and we’ll have to wait for more legal documents to appear.
It seems very disingenuous of DVD to send an email with the exact same language as previous DVC products' announcement emails, but then actually be "secretly" implying that they are going to sell a different product. I don't see that happening.

I think that the permitting documentation was different because the product itself is different - a large permanent resort vs. multiple small modular single housing units - and that it won't affect DVC members differently at all compared to previous products.

It seems very disingenuous of DVD to send an email with the exact same language as previous DVC products' announcement emails, but then actually be "secretly" implying that they are going to sell a different product. I don't see that happening.

I think that the permitting documentation was different because the product itself is different - a large permanent resort vs. multiple small modular single housing units - and that it won't affect DVC members differently at all compared to previous products.
As always, all we can do is wait for more information!

I have no interest in owning but I definitely want to try them out while my kids are still young. We have a cruise in Nov. and I’m hoping I can grab the night before the cruise. Will wait list and super stalk🤞

Same sentiment here. I love the point chart and the size of the cabins but don't love the location (no frame of reference as I have never stayed in fort wilderness).

Unfortunately, I don't own any direct points so will likely never have a chance to try. The FOMO is real on any new property though. Lol.

Any idea what the exact restrictions are? Will they be the same as Riviera resale restriction?

"Effective January 19, 2019, Disney Vacation Club® Members who do not acquire their real estate interest directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. will not be able to make Vacation Point reservations at some or all non-Home Resorts."

From my understanding, if you sell a fixed week on the resale market, that fixed week remains attached. Is there anything in the new documents that would remove the favorite week if resold?

Any idea what the exact restrictions are? Will they be the same as Riviera resale restriction?

"Effective January 19, 2019, Disney Vacation Club® Members who do not acquire their real estate interest directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. will not be able to make Vacation Point reservations at some or all non-Home Resorts."

Yes, it’s exactly the same.

I'm a bit relieved that all of the speculation about a monstrously complicated "DVC 2.0" with multiple home resorts, staggered 9 or 10 month booking windows, existing resorts being split up between "trust" and "deeded" and so on, appears to have come to nothing.

Well, we know it’s being sold differently because the updated POS documents for the other resorts have it listed as “The Cabins Resort Use Plan”

So, I am trying to find out if they can use that term to be general since both produce deeds.

One is a deeded ownership interest in a leasehold condominium and CFW is a deeded ownership interest in a trust use plan.

I don't understand how they are considered Deluxe. That usually has to do with amenities and the fort doesn't come close to meeting that marker.
There is talk that they will be updating things. The pool in the cabin loop is incredibly small, it does have a hot tub but its very small. There is plenty of room to build things up but construction takes time. I guess we will have to wait and see what they do.

I don't understand how they are considered Deluxe. That usually has to do with amenities and the fort doesn't come close to meeting that marker.

There is talk that they will be updating things. The pool in the cabin loop is incredibly small, it does have a hot tub but its very small. There is plenty of room to build things up but construction takes time. I guess we will have to wait and see what they do.

Dont worry, they'll become a part of Reflections 2.0, a Lakeside Lodge and Cabins

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter