• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cabins at Fort Wilderness Points Charts Posted! For Sale and Booking Dates too!

I do remember that being discussed earlier in the thread, but the savings weren’t as considerable as other properties. Like another poster said, it is likely the cash rates will go up, but then I question the circular logic of buying. A product doesn’t become a good deal because the cash price was artificially increased to make the DVC buy-in appealing.

But isn’t it like any resort people choose? If someone is buying because they want to stay there and don’t want to have to risk 7 month availability or even hope there are still one for cash, then it’s a good deal.

DVC is too expensive to choose something you don’t really want.

While it won’t meet everyone’s needs, it certainly will many and my guess is it will have its following like all other resorts do.

Are all the cabins going to be DVC? For some reason, I thought they were all going to be redone but some never would be part of DVC.

We have no desire to stay there either way but it’s unfortunate for people who love FW and who will now have to pay more to stay there.
I can't find the information now, but I'm pretty certain that DVC announced that 350+ cabins would become DVC, which is all the cabins at Ft. Wilderness. However, Florida law requires the timeshare developer (Disney) to retain ownership of at least 2% of the timeshare, so that means Disney will still own and be able to rent for cash some percentage of the cabins.

I keep seeing people say Reflections but I have no idea what they are talking about. Cliffs notes on that or a link to explain? thanks.
Reflections has been quietly scuttled for the moment, but there’s been permits for the land renewed and some activity over at the proposed site. Reflections is/was supposed to be a woodsy/nature DVC at Fort Wilderness, I believe along the waterfront (taking up fireworks views on the beach,) with a Pocahontas/Bambi interior theming but a Tiana’s fine dining waterfront dining option. The outside plan was pretty fugly — similar to Poly 2.0 but a different earth-colored neutral, but the interior plans were nice. It was supposed to happen during Covid, but then they pivoted to the sure thing flip of Big Pine Key for a cash infusion.

The Reedy Creek/DeSantis stuff happened in between all this, and I am not sure if that caused any problems with new construction versus renovating BPK, plus the pandemic uncertainty and general craziness the past few years.

Interesting. Based on the exterior concept art...I agree...looked pretty ugly. If they decide to do this again...maybe they can come up with something better. I know Wilderness Lodge is just down the road so they probably don't want anything too similar. But I feel it would still need more of a rustic vibe.

I bought here. I am a runner, and there is no place on property better than the Fort for getting a good outdoor run in (and in the middle of a winter further north is glorious). I think they are banking on this being more than just a “value” (although for those of us who want to consistently be guaranteed availability at the cabins, it is a value over cash stays). I want to be able to stay there when I want to stay there as long as I want to stay there (without walking or a split stay or stress). My family loves having the car right outside. The point count for the amount of space we get is good. We always have our service dog, but we can take our other dog (when we get them, just lost our 14 year old), and honestly that is good for DH who doesn’t really love going to the parks that much. And, honestly, emotionally, this is my oldest daughter’s “home” resort because this is where we stayed when she is little (my younger’ a home resort is the Poly — and I have contracts with the Poly, AK, and now FW).

We are staying there this fall for halloween. We are going to ride around with a golf cart and look at the decorations (and go to a campfire and go ride the boat to the MK).

YMMV, but this all seems magical to me.
Congrats on your purchase! Do you mind posting a link to the Fort Wilderness Public Offering Statement provided by DVC?

It's only made easily available to owners and I (non-owner) haven't been able to guess the URL of it yet.

The POS documents for your membership can be accessed at: https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/collateral-docs and requires logging in to your DVC account.

Site will look something like this when you're logged in:
Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 3.29.47 PM.png

If you could share the URLs for the Public Offering Statement and the Public Offering Statement Insert, that'd be appreciated! The URLs are not unique to you.

Interesting. Based on the exterior concept art...I agree...looked pretty ugly. If they decide to do this again...maybe they can come up with something better. I know Wilderness Lodge is just down the road so they probably don't want anything too similar. But I feel it would still need more of a rustic vibe.
It actually had developed quite a fan base and noted interest. And it also had a couple of unique types of units in the plans.

I can't find the information now, but I'm pretty certain that DVC announced that 350+ cabins would become DVC, which is all the cabins at Ft. Wilderness. However, Florida law requires the timeshare developer (Disney) to retain ownership of at least 2% of the timeshare, so that means Disney will still own and be able to rent for cash some percentage of the cabins.

With the way the the trust is set up and people are not actually buying ownership into the cabins, they remain owner of them all.

I wonder if the rule remains the same since they can add more than one component site into the same vacation plan?

With the way the the trust is set up and people are not actually buying ownership into the cabins, they remain owner of them all.

I wonder if the rule remains the same since they can add more than one component site into the same vacation plan?
Yes, I was wondering that too. I’m sure there will be cabins offered for cash, in any case!

Congrats on your purchase! Do you mind posting a link to the Fort Wilderness Public Offering Statement provided by DVC?

It's only made easily available to owners and I (non-owner) haven't been able to guess the URL of it yet.

The POS documents for your membership can be accessed at: https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/collateral-docs and requires logging in to your DVC account.

Site will look something like this when you're logged in:
View attachment 838385

If you could share the URLs for the Public Offering Statement and the Public Offering Statement Insert, that'd be appreciated! The URLs are not unique to you.
I believe I was emailed the POS when I emailed a guide about info
https://cdn1.parksmedia.wdprapps.di..._Public_Offering_Statement_Rev-02-01-2024.pdf

I believe I was emailed the POS when I emailed a guide about info
https://cdn1.parksmedia.wdprapps.di..._Public_Offering_Statement_Rev-02-01-2024.pdf
Thank you!

This confirms plans to sell 363 cabins, which I believe is a complete replacement/takeover and more than the 350 they were publicly quoted.

30 cabins were initially declared and they plan to declare 76 by the end of 2024.

I only did a very quick skim/scroll through and might have missed how many points the total resort is, but based on the points chart 363 cabins would be 2.8-2.85mil points.

The marketing for the Cabins is so interesting to me (thus far at least). I'm in active discussions with a DVC Guide to purchase my first direct contract, and he keeps sending me updates/reminders on Riviera, Aulani and VDH. Not a mention of the Cabins or even a general email announcing it going on sale. I toured VDH this weekend but discussed WDW extensively, and the guide who did the tour almost forgot it even existed. (We were discussing VDH being the longest contract, and then she went "oh, I guess Cabins are now.." like a total afterthought.)

Is that typical when a new DVC property hits the market? I would have thought their social media would have way more coverage than one little post from Feb. 27th as well.

The marketing for the Cabins is so interesting to me (thus far at least). I'm in active discussions with a DVC Guide to purchase my first direct contract, and he keeps sending me updates/reminders on Riviera, Aulani and VDH. Not a mention of the Cabins or even a general email announcing it going on sale. I toured VDH this weekend but discussed WDW extensively, and the guide who did the tour almost forgot it even existed. (We were discussing VDH being the longest contract, and then she went "oh, I guess Cabins are now.." like a total afterthought.)

Is that typical when a new DVC property hits the market? I would have thought their social media would have way more coverage than one little post from Feb. 27th as well.
They tend to get directed of what DVC wants sold. It isn't completely unheard of to have a new property come up and DVC will direct more effort at closing out an existing property. Not saying that's going on here as the Cabins do seem to be a little more under the radar. West coast guides also have a different focus and talk less about WDW resorts from my experience.

30 cabins were initially declared and they plan to declare 76 by the end of 2024.
That makes sense when I was looking at the inventory at 11 months out it show a number much larger than 30. I can’t remember the exact numbers I found but it’s posted somewhere here lol

Does anyone else find it kind of odd that Disney is not offering any decent incentives on this? I know how expensive things are now, but it seems like it will be high dues and expensive points. Somewhat offset by a decent point chart, I guess. We'll see in the next few months how it works out for them.

Does anyone else find it kind of odd that Disney is not offering any decent incentives on this? I know how expensive things are now, but it seems like it will be high dues and expensive points. Somewhat offset by a decent point chart, I guess. We'll see in the next few months how it works out for them.
I think they have future plans and simply don't need to sell CFW very quickly.

I think they have future plans and simply don't need to sell CFW very quickly.
I started to think about it some more and mentioned it on the Poly 2 post that I wouldn't be surprised if it has something to do with the trust and they are going to tie Poly 2 to CFW somehow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter