Cake Bake Shop at the BoardWalk opening in 2024

Will you be able to dine there, and think the food offers value? Quality vs price? My betting line is near zero.
I've had the cakes through Williams-Sonoma. They were very good despite being pre-frozen. Looking forward to the sandwiches and drinks there. ☕

Better then 50%, maybe 75%.
Will you be able to dine there, and think the food offers value? Quality vs price? My betting line is near zero.
I agree. We’ve eaten at the one in Carmel, and I thought it was ridiculously overpriced. Food was okay but nothing special; it was more about the experience, and dining with people who try to one-up each other with name brands (as is Carmel) wasn’t really my thing. I doubt Disney will be like this, though 😂. I’ve ordered their cakes (twice, stupidly) through Williams Sonoma and was not a fan. I chalked it up to them being frozen and thawed, though. Obviously, I’m not their demographic, even if on paper I should be.

Better then 50%, maybe 75%.
I’ve heard mixed reviews on the foot but I’ve never heard a bad review on their desserts. So I would probably just swing by and grab a few slices of cake. I’m a big cake girl so it works for me lol.

I agree. We’ve eaten at the one in Carmel, and I thought it was ridiculously overpriced. Food was okay but nothing special; it was more about the experience, and dining with people who try to one-up each other with name brands (as is Carmel) wasn’t really my thing. I doubt Disney will be like this, though 😂. I’ve ordered their cakes (twice, stupidly) through Williams Sonoma and was not a fan. I chalked it up to them being frozen and thawed, though. Obviously, I’m not their demographic, even if on paper I should be.
Well I take back what I just said. 😂

I wonder what the betting line would be for an opening by our check in date of August 16, 2024?
I’m going in June/July and I’m losing hope. But hopefully they’ll be open for you! If it is open I’ll definitely report back to this thread.

My brother ate at a Cake Bake Shop in Indianapolis (maybe South Bend?), I cannot remember the exact location in Indiana. He ate there several years ago because a co-worker really wanted to go and my brother is a foodie. He said his lunch was not very good. Maybe the place had a bad day?

I was really surprised to see that this restaurant was being added to the Boardwalk. The way he described the place didn't sound like a a turn of the century boardwalk style eatery? But, whatever WDW wants regardless of storytelling goes. WDW chooses I guess. Good luck to all the folks at Cake Bake Shop and the owner's story sounded interesting the way my brother described it.

Last edited:
I was really surprised to see that this restaurant was being added to the Boardwalk. The way he described the place didn't sound like a a turn of the century boardwalk style eatery?

The former ESPN Club, Flying Fish, and the recently closed Brewery don’t strike me as turn of the century places either. I don’t think fitting that theme has ever really mattered.

The former ESPN Club, Flying Fish, and the recently closed Brewery don’t strike me as turn of the century places either. I don’t think fitting that theme has ever really mattered.
Exactly my point. WDW can return to a core foundation of Disney parks that every square inch is supposed to be themed to storytelling, even the bathrooms are supposed to be themed. But instead of a course correction, they just double down on stuff that doesn't tell story. Don't set yourself apart from others. Just join the club. It's maddening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter