California DVC?

SEC

Mouseketeer
What are your thoughts on a CA DVC? Is it likely to happen or will they lower the points at all the DL hotels? I would love for there to be a Grand Californian DVC or even just lower points!

There is no land in CA to build. CA is so expensive, if they can find anything to build, I bet the point will be higher, not lower.

My bet is no DVC in CA and over the long run, higher DL hotel costs in terms of points exchange.

We just came back from DL and DVC is beginning to make a presence there. They now have kiosks everywhere. They did have land in Newport Beach but they sold it years ago. The CM's said they were doing something, but according to Ca law, they were not able to say yet what is is.

I know nothing about DL, but believe DVC will ancounce something there next (not CR). However the only reason I'm thinking this is a conversation with my guide where he gave me a clear indication that was happening. But it is all guide-speek, and you never really know until it happens.

all i have ever heard from a guide was in aug '01. i said that i hoped for something west of the mississippi, and he said be patient, in a way that indicated that something was planned, but no details to speak of.

Disney does own some additional land in California. There's been rumors about what's going to happen to the old strawberry field (I think it's located at or near Katella and Harbor). Several months ago it was rumored to be the location for the new Pirates Water Park. Now I've been hearing rumors about a new DVC resort. I've also heard that there was a wing to the Grand Cali that was never built, and this could also be the new DVC location.

I would love for it to happen but we will see. I am still waiting for the next big thing!

If there ever was a California DVC I doubt we would use our points to go, I guess alot would depend on where exactly it was and how many points it required.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter