California Grill PS advice

thessaly

Mouseketeer
So, I'm celebrating a special occasion during our September trip, and had tentatively decided on Artist Point for dinner that night (me and significant other).

My SO, who has been content to let me geek out on all the planning and mostly watch from the sidelines, took a look at menus last night and announced he thought we should go to California Grill instead. This was kind of a surprise.

So, I've never been there. I need advice.

I understand this restaurant can be quite noisy... Is there anyway to get away from some of the noise/children? It will just be the two of us.

This is going to be on Friday, 9/12. I believe MK closes at 7pm that day. Does that mean we won't have to deal with the crowds struggling to see the fireworks?

Would I be better off making very early or very late PS to get a little quiet?

How late are they open?

I'm much more concerned with being in a quiet nook than having a good view.

Thanks for any advice.

We've been to Californial Grill, atop the Contemporary. The food
was fabulous and the views wonderful! You can even step outside
into a viewing area off the restaurant and see high above into the park.
I don't know the operating hours, but the disney.com page would
have the hours.
Bobbi:o

Great choice for a celebration. Wonderful food and fantastic view.

If you want a quiet spot, ask to be seated in the wine room as lots of us call it. It is SO much quieter. It doesn't have a view of the MK but does have a wonderful view toward the South.

You might have to wait a while for a table there unless you book early which is what we prefer to do. I also don't think it's too loud in the main dining room on the early side. But the wine room is more intimate as well as more subdued.

Great, thanks, just the sort of info I was looking for!

Will they know what I mean if I say "wine room"?

Do I ask when I make the PS, or on arrival?

In our experience, yes they'll know exactly what you mean. It sometimes evokes a smile though. I should ask them what they call it...maybe small room in back!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter